Jump to content

Trump is the President


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

I agree with Pelosi, who is essentially saying "you can't argue with idiots."

The rest of what the Fox spokeswoman is ranting about is just inciting hatred.

Maybe they should say the quiet part out loud again and call Republican voters 'deplorables'

How did that work out last time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Peter said:

 

 

Oh dear. I am not sure when this is from but 

 

 

It’s a fake Peter. Obviously you wouldn’t have know when you posted this as it’s an extremely well made fake video that’s been distributed on Twitter by Dan Scavino, Trump’s White House Deputy Chief.
The actual interview is with Harry Belafonte back in 2011 and Biden’s face has been digitally superimposed over the top of Belafonte’s. 
 

 

E8230D0C-098F-42B3-B147-EF824F5B8322.jpeg

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike Del said:

It’s a fake Peter ...it’s an extremely well made fake video ...

Ummm  Im genuinely shocked.  I watched 5 seconds of the 'original' video posted by Peter and immediately knew it was faked. I assumed everyone knew it was a fake and that it was a joke post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Ummm  Im genuinely shocked.  I watched 5 seconds of the 'original' video posted by Peter and immediately knew it was faked. I assumed everyone knew it was a fake and that it was a joke post. 

I think Mike was the only one not in on the joke? My videos though unfortunately are all very real...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, more said:

I think Mike was the only one not in on the joke? 

No, no, I now actually believe Peter thought it was real...  Which kinda shows how easy it is actually is to manipulate people...  This world is ****ed...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BogFrog said:

No, no, I now actually believe Peter thought it was real...  Which kinda shows how easy it is actually is to manipulate people...  This world is ****ed...

I didn’t believe it was real but my post addressed Peter’s comment that accompanied his video, that’s all. 
Peter said “Oh dear, I’m not sure when this is from but”

I took Peter for his word and answered, politely too I’ll add lol.

The video certainly is not being treated as a joke in the US anyway, esp if you look at all the comments following the tweet.
Trump officials and his actual campaign account have started spreading several fake and doctored videos of old Biden interviews over the last couple of days.

YEH I agree with you Bullfrog, the world is f**ked in some respects. Its so easy these days to alter a video and manipulate people. You’d be a first class fool to guarantee any Twitter or YouTube video you found was real and not  fake

9AB6ADFF-1243-49D5-9282-E2E227701973.png

Edited by Mike Del
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To protect democracy, all democratic countries that wish to remain that way, need to pass laws criminalising deceptive conduct for political purposes. Something like our s.52 Trade Practices Act where it is an offense to do so in commerce, the same needs to apply to politics. This kind of behaviour is immoral and needs to be outlawed.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BogFrog said:

No, no, I now actually believe Peter thought it was real...  Which kinda shows how easy it is actually is to manipulate people...  This world is ****ed...

I don't know why anyone would bother doctoring videos of Biden. There is more than enough real footage to get the same point across

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slowman said:

To protect democracy, all democratic countries that wish to remain that way, need to pass laws criminalising deceptive conduct for political purposes. Something like our s.52 Trade Practices Act where it is an offense to do so in commerce, the same needs to apply to politics. This kind of behaviour is immoral and needs to be outlawed.

Problem is there is so much dishonesty in our media these days, it is seriously out of control. News departments either rush out with false information in an effort to be 'first', or knowingly push out false information to fit a narrative. Totally agree there needs to be improved laws.

The retweet of something like Biden sleeping is the least of our worries..

 

Edited by more
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages. 

If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards the poster (not the politician) , I will delete the post. 

A few regular posters need to consider how childish bickering is viewed by other members of the forum. 

Besides Peter, I haven't issued a ban and I don't want to, but I will if this behaviour continues. 

If your post has been removed, consider it your first and last warning. 

(some post were deleted because they were quoting the original post, I apologise to those forum members & they are obviously excused from the warning) 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bored@work said:

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages. 

If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards the poster (not the politician) , I will delete the post. 

A few regular posters need to consider how childish bickering is viewed by other members of the forum. 

Besides Peter, I haven't issued a ban and I don't want to, but I will if this behaviour continues. 

If your post has been removed, consider it your first and last warning. 

(some post were deleted because they were quoting the original post, I apologise to those forum members & they are obviously excused from the warning) 

Agree: All those leftish Biden supporters are adding nothing to the conversation. So biased ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Trump recently said at a press conference that he didn’t trust the system used to identify if a person votes by mail, and then on election day cast another ballot in person at a polling booth. Thereby voting twice. He actually encouraged people to try it as “test” of the system to see if it works. He says “that’s what I would do”. 
Then even more bizarre, Barr (the US Attorney General ... the highest lawman in the country) is shown Trump saying this and asked isn’t that illegal, to vote twice, and answers “I’m not sure, it might be allowed in some states”. 😂

Edited by Mike Del
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 7:52 AM, more said:

Problem is there is so much dishonesty in our media these days, it is seriously out of control. News departments either rush out with false information in an effort to be 'first', or knowingly push out false information to fit a narrative. Totally agree there needs to be improved laws.

The retweet of something like Biden sleeping is the least of our worries..

 

I don't know who you are referring to when you say "our media" perhaps be more selective. In Australia the main free to air TV stations produce honest news reports occasionally they may get things wrong but Paul Barry (Mediawatch) and others will point out any errors. Papers like SMH, Age, The Australian and Financial Review are respectable and honest, various journalists have their own bent and biases and may have a particular view but that is far from dishonest or fabrication. Perhaps you are referring to US media... ever watched Hannity :lol: ? They cross the line but with sophistry rather than outright dishonesty.

The retweeting of Biden sleeping when it is heavily edited or just a plain fabrication is not the least of our worries, we should be worried, it's the tip of the iceberg. That's precisely why we need to outlaw deceptive conduct in politics and if there are many media outlets as you claim doing this (some examples please) then so much the better for consolidated revenue for the state.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slowman said:

I don't know who you are referring to when you say "our media" perhaps be more selective. In Australia the main free to air TV stations produce honest news reports occasionally they may get things wrong but Paul Barry (Mediawatch) and others will point out any errors. Papers like SMH, Age, The Australian and Financial Review are respectable and honest, various journalists have their own bent and biases and may have a particular view but that is far from dishonest or fabrication. Perhaps you are referring to US media... ever watched Hannity :lol: ? They cross the line but with sophistry rather than outright dishonesty.

The retweeting of Biden sleeping when it is heavily edited or just a plain fabrication is not the least of our worries, we should be worried, it's the tip of the iceberg. That's precisely why we need to outlaw deceptive conduct in politics and if there are many media outlets as you claim doing this (some examples please) then so much the better for consolidated revenue for the state.

What I mean is anything on social media should be taken with a grain of salt (such as a retweet) unless it comes from an official news source.

Our media is just nearly bad as the US, especially given a lot of it is just a rehash of the US news. 

People know politicians lie, nothing new there, but when the media start lying we are in trouble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, more said:

People know politicians lie, nothing new there, but when the media start lying we are in trouble. 

I don't think they lie.  I think they present certain stories in a manner that suites their agenda rather than just present the facts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I don't think they lie.  I think they present certain stories in a manner that suites their agenda rather than just present the facts.

There is certainly this aspect, but there is also a whole lot of information that get presented as fact only to be changed in the next news cycle. 

Take the shooting of Jacob Blake for example. Given the tinder box such an incident represents you would have thought the media would have a responsibility to only report the facts of the case as they became available, leaving out any unverified information. 

And yet he was initially widely reported as an innocent bystander, there trying to break up a fight between two females and was trying to simply leave when he was shot. 

Then days later it is reported he was there breaking a restraining order, the police had been called by his wife, he had been resisting arrest, had been already tasered and was armed. 

Two very different stories yet both widely reported as fact by the media. 

Then a day or two later there was another incident of a police shooting that again lead to widespread riots after being reported by the media, only for footage later showing the criminal had actual shot themselves and committed suicide.

Media are becoming no better than gossip columns with a good wack of Chinese whispers thrown in, all at the expense of peoples lives, reputations and livelihoods.

Edited by more
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump administration brokers another historic agreement, this time between Serbia and Kosovo

Reporters appear more interested in smearing Trump than the agreement

It does not go well for them

 

 

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I laughed at this. 
 

Quote

1973 [Biden elected]
1974
1975
1976
1977
1978
1979
1980
1981
1982
1983
1984
1985
1986
1987
1988
1989
1990
1991
1992
1993
1994
1995
1996
1997
1998
1999
2000
2001
2002
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016
2017
2018
2019
2020: NOW I’ll get results!

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, more said:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/how-the-left-created-donald-trump-214472

"The general attitude of the left was: Disagree with us? You’re probably racist, xenophobic, sexist, bigoted or all of the above. Indeed, for many liberal Americans, these prejudices have come to be seen as inseparable from identity of the Republican Party itself. And when the GOP went all-out Trump, it only confirmed to many liberals that their ideological opponents were no longer worthy of respect.

Herein lies the problem with the left’s “by any means necessary” style of social activism: When any challenge to the prevailing liberal doctrine, cast under the wrong light, can forever cast one as a “racist,” those with dissenting opinions are left with only two options: concede, or retaliate.

Nowhere was the backlash from this act of liberal smugness more deeply felt than the Rust Belt states, in which counties like Kenosha, Wisconsin, broke more than 40 years of Democratic support in favor of Trump.

In the years to come, when we look back on Trump’s victory, this is why it will be remembered less as a win for Republicans than as a failure for the Democrats—the result of liberal America’s unwillingness to compromise, or even show magnanimity in the face of all its victories on social issues"

100% correct

And the Democrats have since doubled down

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Left logic-turn up, disrupt innocent people going about their lives, smash up an innocent restaurants, cause fear and intimidation. ... Surely this will make them support us... And if they don't they are racist, literally Isis... 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

why don't you read the book?

Because I suspect it's little more than a few hundred pages of pure projection 

If you can suggest a couple of genuine examples of Trump's 'authoritarianism' though I might check it out for a laugh or two  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Once again. I have hidden more posts. 
 

FFS stop with the personal smears. 
 

it’s always the same ppl 

No its not   I didn’t say anything. I’m reporting your post for slander 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/americas-cold-civil-war-is-getting-warmer/news-story/7fe63779e26ab082d8db79e977e99f45

 

"During the invasion of Iraq in 2003, Saddam Hussein’s spokesman “Baghdad Bob” appeared on TV to declare US troops were “committing suicide by the hundreds”, even as the gunfire of the advancing Coalition forces could be heard in the background.

On election night in November, America faces the very real prospect of its own Baghdad Bob moment."

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, more said:

Left logic-turn up, disrupt innocent people going about their lives, smash up an innocent restaurants, cause fear and intimidation. ... Surely this will make them support us... And if they don't they are racist, literally Isis... 

 

 

This is both crazy and disgusting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

This is both crazy and disgusting.

Yep, just imagine the mindset that thinks you can intimidate people into supporting you. 

This is why yet again there will be a backlash in the polls

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is another example of their twisted logic-a white BLM protester calls a black cop the n word, gets called out on it and defends himself that it's OK cos he is holding a BLM sign, and then goes on to attack the witness for being white and a Trump supporter. So much anger, and yet so many of them think this way... Crazy.. Lol

Language warning 

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/web/video.php?v=wshh3rAR5VAI5Ax5W1nE

Edited by more
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example, BLM protesters set fire to a black owner's business that even had a sign proud to be black out the front. Definitely a great way to garner support.. There are many examples like this. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/u-haul-trucks-set-ablaze-by-protesters-owned-by-black-man-who-placed-black-owned-sign-outside-hes-livid?

Edited by more
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

More never actually said that above. Looks like you changed it.

 

He edited it AFTER I quoted it. Note the time he edited it. I also took a screen grab 😉

Really big of you to accuse me of changing his quote though. 

 

more.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/protester-accidentally-sets-himself-on-fire/news-story/cc53eab55a68071f2b8914847a014d14

"Incredible footage has captured the moment a protester set himself on fire with a Molotov cocktail as unrest gripped major US cities.

It was filmed in Portland on the west coast where 100 days of Black Lives Matters protests have gripped the city."

 

Why do these peaceful protesters have Molotov cocktails? 100 days of this...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

 

He edited it AFTER I quoted it. Note the time he edited it. I also took a screen grab 😉

Really big of you to accuse me of changing his quote though. 

 

more.jpg

I agree mental health issues are not something to laugh at so changed to post to better convey what I was trying to say-that a white BLM protester calling a black man a N... Is crazy (not in a mental health issue way) and funny in its absurdity. 

But yet again can I please ask you to stop posting about me and stick to topic? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, more said:

I agree mental health issues are not something to laugh at so changed to post to better convey what I was trying to say-that a white BLM protester calling a black man a N... Is crazy (not in a mental health issue way) and funny in its absurdity. 

But yet again can I please ask you to stop posting about me and stick to topic? 

 

 

If that's how you really feel More, why put a laughing emoticon on TC's response. It's not a good look.

And then take it off too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If that's how you really feel More, why put a laughing emoticon on TC's response. It's not a good look.

And then take it off too.

Because I found it funny that not even 24 hours after bored giving a warning she has yet again made it all about me. But in not wanting to engage with her I removed the laugh, is that OK? 

That aside is it a good look all the people putting laugh emojis next to my posts, like the one above about voter backlash? It's clear this is just a snide effort.. So why did you put a laugh emoji on a serious post about voter backlash...?

 

image.png.e712c2e4bb6b9b0e0d1105e5fd246e54.png

Edited by more
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...