Trump is the President

46 minutes ago, roxii said:

As I have said here before I don't really care about US politics just think Trump is a buffoon, so can you clarify for me 

Blue/ Red

Republican/ Democrat

Trump/ Obama

Who is which?  I honestly don't know ...... or really care but it just makes it easier to read the comments above. 

In terms of ideology, its basically a more polarised Australia with the colours reversed

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

In terms of ideology, its basically a more polarised Australia with the colours reversed

I have no idea what Australia's "colours" are either. 

4 hours ago, more said:

As Ive said before i just hope the media crucify Biden in a similar fashion when he makes similar gaffes.

lol.  Yeah...

The key difference though is the nature of the 'gaffes' themselves.  Trump's are embarrassing at worst, but the problem for Biden is that he ends up saying the quiet part out loud - stuff that is often patently racist and would give the media a collective aneurysm if it came from Trump

When has Trump ever said stuff like black people aren't as diverse as Hispanics? Or that poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids? Or that Barack Obama was the first bright, clean and articulate African-American?  Or if you don't vote for him, "you ain't black?"

Nine of this matters to the press though, because Orange Man Doubleplusungood 

Edited by IronJimbo
6 minutes ago, roxii said:

I have no idea what Australia's "colours" are either. 

Labor - red

Coalition - blue

Democrats- blue

Republicans - red

Swing states - 'purple'

22 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You do realise he was talking about the Spanish Flu, which nearly all researchers agree was exported from the US?

I did not realise that, and withdraw and apologise 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It seems Brian Selter doesn't watch his own network

Or ABC, or NBC, or CBS, or MSNBC... 

lol wow, are they really in that much denial????????

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, more said:

lol wow, are they really in that much denial????????

At best, CNN has become a parody of themselves 

At worst, they are overtly trying to gaslight their viewers 

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lol.  Yeah...

The key difference though is the nature of the 'gaffes' themselves.  Trump's are embarrassing at worst, but the problem for Biden is that he ends up saying the quiet part out loud - stuff that is often patently racist and would give the media a collective aneurysm if it came from Trump

When has Trump ever said stuff like black people aren't as diverse as Hispanics? Or that poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids? Or that Barack Obama was the first bright, clean and articulate African-American?  Or if you don't vote for him, "you ain't black?"

Nine of this matters to the press though, because Orange Man Doubleplusungood 

Absolutely, imagine Trump said those things...omg!! They are willing to overlook anything and everything to get Trump out

Imgaine if Trump said this..

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

— Joe Biden, captured on C-SPAN's "Road to the White House" series

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."

— Joe Biden, speaking to members of the House Democratic caucus who were gathered in Williamsburg, Va., for their annual retreat.

"I'm told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let 'em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about. I'll tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal."

—Biden, telling Missouri state senator Chuck Graham to stand up at a campaign rally, before realizing that Graham is confined to a wheelchair.

Biden raised eyebrows last year when he said that “poor kids” are “just as talented as white kids”

But its O.K..because WAPO have an article explaining why the comments are just well intended.. 

"Am I inclined not to make too much of any one Biden statement because he’s running against the most disastrous president in American history? Maybe. But last August, I defended him on his gaffes even though he was running in the primaries against a bunch of candidates I preferred. Still, this isn’t the first time Biden has said something insensitive on race (as opposed to Trump, who has a long history of outright bigotry)."

10 minutes ago, more said:

But its O.K..because WAPO have an article explaining why the comments are just well intended.. 

"Am I inclined not to make too much of any one Biden statement because he’s running against the most disastrous president in American history? Maybe. But last August, I defended him on his gaffes even though he was running in the primaries against a bunch of candidates I preferred. Still, this isn’t the first time Biden has said something insensitive on race (as opposed to Trump, who has a long history of outright bigotry)."

An example or two of this 'long history of bigotry' would be nice 

I'll assume none were provided 

4 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Got me stuffed why people are wasting their time getting dirt on Biden.  He's so old that he's unlikely to see his 1st term out anyway.   

Which is why the VP pick matters for once

Biden voters may well be voting for Kamala Harris 

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Which is why the VP pick matters for once

Biden voters may well be voting for Kamala Harris 

25 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Got me stuffed why people are wasting their time getting dirt on Biden.  He's so old that he's unlikely to see his 1st term out anyway.   

I thought Biden was a disappointing choice by the Democrats. I can't remember a potential VP ever being as considered as likely to be stepping up to POTUS as whoever Biden chooses.

And I think it will be Harris.

• Like 1
On 10/08/2020 at 9:38 AM, IronJimbo said:

Now that looks like a place I could get myself banned from...

Jimbo, you should really go over there and wreak some havoc. That would be so much fun to watch. You could really send it into meltdown.

:thumbs_up:

35 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Agree.  Once again Americans can’t win with whoever they vote for.

and neither will get them out of the mess they are in. 

Morgan Freeman had it right 11 years ago...there should be no black or white, just American. The Democrats have done a great job of creating racism though-everyone is now identified and separated and treated differently according to race..it really is crazy..

One of my best mates growing up was a black south African. I never really saw him as black, I saw him the same way as I saw my other mates, the red headed ranga, the tall bean pole and the  KGB agent who wasn't even from Russia-(he was Chech). They had attributes  to be teased. I never teased him about being black though as even as a kid you know that's sensitive, just his dodgy accent.

I have to admit though if I bumped into him today I would be very very aware of his skin colour...sad isn't it...

Edited by more
24 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Jimbo, you should really go over there and wreak some havoc. That would be so much fun to watch. You could really send it into meltdown.

:thumbs_up:

That sounds like a challenge 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, more said:

Morgan Freeman had it right 11 years ago...there should be no black or white, just American. The Democrats have done a great job of creating racism though-everyone is now identified and separated and treated differently according to race..it really is crazy..

Spot on

Nobody is denying that there hasn't been egregious and systemic racism in the past.  But the only contemporary forms of sysytemic discrimination I'm aware of are affirmative action and the identity politics of the political left

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That sounds like a challenge 😎

I'd imagine it would be like poking a hornets' nest.....then quickly throwing it in a tumble dryer, with three angry cats and a wolverine. :Jumpy:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Lol Geezus... What was I saying about the media selling fear.... And after reading it yet again another pathetic article urging everyone to vote Biden to ensure the victory is overwhelming and not up for debate.... 

Speaking of the peaceful transition of power how quickly they forget how many times and for how long the Democrats tried to fight that Trumps election invalid... Impeachment surely this time 

Edited by more
  • Like 1

How is this anything but an open invitation for Jimbo to visit and work his magic:

"Where’s Amstel been, or maybe Dirt Fighter or StroBro...? It’s been a crappy week at home, I could use a good laugh like somebody seriously attempting to defend this worthless turd."

:box:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, roxii said:

While we find it mildly amusing that IJ has such strong held opinions on a place he is yet to visit, I doubt the ST'ers will be as kind. 

Is it even more left wing than here? 

1 minute ago, more said:

Is it even more left wing than here? 

Don't know haven't looked at it for years,  but considering there was once a thread on "the best gun for cycling"  I doubt it. 

Just think they wouldn't take kindly to someone telling them their business who has never had boots on the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, roxii said:

While we find it mildly amusing that IJ has such strong held opinions on a place he is yet to visit, I doubt the ST'ers will be as kind. 

And that 'argument' would be just as irrelevant there as it is here

There are plenty of Liverpool fans who have never been to Anfield

28 minutes ago, roxii said:

Don't know haven't looked at it for years,  but considering there was once a thread on "the best gun for cycling"  I doubt it. 

Just think they wouldn't take kindly to someone telling them their business who has never had boots on the ground. 

Plenty  of ignorant people who live a whole life in a country without having the slightest clue about its politics, domestic and foreign policies. The US would have to be up there in the ignorance stakes. 

And then you have people who have a holiday or two to a country and think they understand it all. 

There would be a reasonable argument to be made that an outsider would have a better understanding of their issues, but yes they wouldn't 'take kindly to folk not from roun ere' 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, roxii said:

Come on Rox, don;t tell me you haven't at least thought about it during magpie season.....

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

There are plenty of Liverpool fans who have never been to Anfield

I have been to Anfield, even lived there for a period

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lavender Room & relevancy if argument are not always strongly related. 
They have established cliques and Trumpies/AntiTrumpies. 
Like you said above, it’s like here, just magnified. 
But they still tell the Canadians to STFU about US politics, so you’d probably get similar results from one side or the other. 

29 minutes ago, Tyno said:

But they still tell the Canadians to STFU about US politics, so you’d probably get similar results from one side or the other. 

Just say you are from Texas I’m when you hit them. 

but be careful.  Dan will get you sacked if you cause too many problems. 

34 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Yanks tend to like Aussies more than Canadians though

If it gets nasty I can tell them about the time my parents went to New York to see where the Americas Cup used to be 

• Haha 2
Just now, IronJimbo said:

Yanks tend to like Aussies more than Canadians though

If it gets nasty I can tell them about the time my parents went to New York to see where the Americas Cup used to be 

It is a lot like here, you should enjoy it, see how you get on with Windy Wave

In other news, fresh from his Independence Day address at Mt Rushmore where he reminded the country about the founding principles, President Trump is considering another masterpiece of symbolism by accepting his 2020 nomination at Gettysberg 

Naturally the media are furious

History is history, it is the past. We learn from the past in order to move learn & forward.

Sadly so many don't and want to erase the past. If we erase it, we do not learn but instead, forget!

Edited by IronmanFoz
Punctuation
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I'm looking forward to editing this thread to "Trump was the president"

Just like to point out that he's been a President in name only.  Havn't seen much to base the statement  "Leader of the free world" on

• Like 1

more, why are you so intent on labeling people left / right?  I don't even know what those terms mean to you.  Anyone anti-Trump?  A democrat (there are many differing political opinions in there)?

Just now, -- AJ -- said:

Just like to point out that he's been a President in name only.  Havn't seen much to base the statement  "Leader of the free world" on

De escalated tensions with Nth Korea, Russia and China and is the first U.S president in god knows how many years to not send to troops into some god forsaken conflict and has actually withdrawn thousands of troops home.

Meanwhile Obama killed over a thousand civilians in drone strikes outside its declared war zone sin Iraq and Afghanistan and gets a Nobel peace prize...

But orange man bad..because..

Clown world....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, more said:

De escalated tensions with Nth Korea, Russia and China and is the first U.S president in god knows how many years to not send to troops into some god forsaken conflict and has actually withdrawn thousands of troops home.

Yep.  His "Rocket Man" comments and his currently blaming of China for the covid virus (amongst other things) have certainly reduced the tensions around the world.   No prospect of war with him in charge.  

No don't annoy me, I'm getting my shopping list together for what I need to stock my  bunker. 

Just now, -- AJ -- said:

Yep.  His "Rocket Man" comments and his currently blaming of China for the covid virus (amongst other things) have certainly reduced the tensions around the world.   No prospect of war with him in charge.  

No don't annoy me, I'm getting my shopping list together for what I need to stock my  bunker. 

You do realize sometimes the best way to de escalate is to not back down and call bullies out?