Trump is the President

5 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The path way which they gated is actually a public path they keep blocking. The couple are famous for suing people

So that would make the situation less intimidating? Id be scared shirtless...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, more said:

So that would make the situation less intimidating? Id be scared shirtless...

It pays to research this in more detail, ST did it to death, There were peaceful protesters and the two armed stooges from the picture

Edited by BarryBevan
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, more said:

Sure its strange for us but who knows who you would have acted in the same situation with hundreds of armed and violent protesters breaking down the fence to your gated community? Id certainly feel threatened, especially after seeing the violence on TV from similar protest...

Black gun owners march to the governor's mansion in Oklahoma City on Saturday during a pro-second amendment rally on the same day that President Trump's holds his first political rally in months amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Nobody needs a gun because the police will look after you

Oh and by the way, defund the Police... 

7 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

It pays to research this in more detail, ST did it to death, There were peaceful protesters and the two armed stooges from the picture

Everyone is peaceful...until they aren't...plenty of 'peaceful' BLM protests have escalated into extreme violence and even murder..

18 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The path way which they gated is actually a public path they keep blocking. The couple are famous for suing people

This gate, which appears to have been peacefully destroyed?

images (17).jpeg

• Haha 1

Silicon Valley flexing their influence again-suspending Trumps account for saying basically what we have all been continually-that children don't catch, transmit or suffer from Covid-19 like adults? 

"Twitter momentarily banned US President Donald Trump’s campaign account from tweeting until an interview during which he claimed children are “virtually immune” from COVID-19 was removed." 

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Apart from being ridiculously funny, I think the upshot of the "Ken" and "Karen" incident is the reason why castle law fails on a number of levels and should not be entertained in Australia, except for SA, where it kinda already has been since 2003....

First of all don't dress like that - if the goal was to intimidate then that was an epic fail.... Unless you wanted the protesters to die laughing...

Second, if you are going to play with a firearm in front of the public then at least learn how to use it - basic safety says not to point a gun at anyone and, Karen, certainly not to have your finger on the trigger when doing so. During the video Ken takes his eye off the ball and points his presumably  loaded AR15 at Karen although, at some level, I can sympathize with him for doing so...

And, in this travesty of parallax Karen is about to blow Ken's head off....

image.png.c2f1e3394571ae48826f80102fab505d.png

Maybe they are running for senate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, more said:

Silicon Valley flexing their influence again-suspending Trumps account for saying basically what we have all been continually-that children don't catch, transmit or suffer from Covid-19 like adults? 

"Twitter momentarily banned US President Donald Trump’s campaign account from tweeting until an interview during which he claimed children are “virtually immune” from COVID-19 was removed." 

Should we be shocked..

Person who banned Trumps Twitter account is the former press secretary for Kamala Harris... 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/confirmed-twitter-official-suspended-trump-campaign-account-former-kamala-harris-press-secretary/

8 hours ago, more said:

No responsible doctor would say that. Neither would any responsible president.

Words matter. Context matters. Messaging matters. Especially so with so much influence over such a large audience.

When so many people in the US are still struggling to accept and rationalise the importance of simply wearing a mask when over a thousand people are dying a day, lazy rhetoric like this is irresponsible.

“If you look at children, children are almost — I would almost say definitely — but almost immune from this disease. So few — they’ve gotten stronger. Hard to believe. I don’t know how you feel about it, but they have much stronger immune systems than we do, somehow, for this. And they don’t have a problem. They just don’t have a problem,” Trump said. 

How is the third of the populous that have implicit faith in Trump going to perceive such language? Quite conceivably, something like: "President Trump says children are immune from covid. He said coronavirus isn't a problem for children." Suddenly, life is full of vector situations.

A Covid press briefing. It's simple to prepare and deliver accurate, unambiguous information. If it is beyond the Trump to do so, just leave the communication to the medical team.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-08-05-20-intl/h_2ed295f7b20341347a05e903d73f0b26

• Like 1

If he'd said something like "Children are less affected by the virus" then I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem. Saying "It doesn’t have an impact on them. I’ve watched some doctors say they’re totally immune" is probably what took it over the line.

• Like 1

If words and context matter they are going to have a field day with Biden!! 

And I agree Trump comes across as someone having suffered a major brain injury. 

My problem has always been the press and the like of Google/Twitter etc who are  openly biased against him. 

Edited by more
16 minutes ago, more said:

Should we be shocked..

Person who banned Trumps Twitter account is the former press secretary for Kamala Harris... 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/confirmed-twitter-official-suspended-trump-campaign-account-former-kamala-harris-press-secretary/

Yes. We most definitely should be shocked.

But this is Trump, so, sadly we're not.

Somehow, in this whole easily avoidable pile of covfefe, you believe the most egregious offense is a Twitter dude's political affiliation or Twitter acting more responsibly than the president.

Think this through as to what has the potential for the most profound negative consequences.

8 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Yes. We most definitely should be shocked.

But this is Trump, so, sadly we're not.

Somehow, in this whole easily avoidable pile of covfefe, you believe the most egregious offense is a Twitter dude's political affiliation or Twitter acting more responsibly than the president.

Think this through as to what has the potential for the most profound negative consequences.

Not at all, the most egregious offence is people acting with political bias to assert their authority and really, stifle free speech. 

Let the president talk. Let him make a fool of him self and let the public be the judge. 

But to be honest, I'm more shocked someone would use the words covfefe and egregious in the same sentence as 'dude'... 

Edited by more
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Peter said:

The yanks need to bring in a law of no one over 50 for president. 

50? That's pretty strict.

I'd like to think that I can still do my job well for a few years yet.

Who else should retire at 50, (or 57 if a 49yo serves two terms)? Neurosurgeons? Pilots?

I do agree with your general premise about the age of US presidents though. It's very different in Australia. We've only elected two prime ministers to their initial term in office after turning 60. Billy McMahon and Malcolm Turnbull.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

No responsible doctor would say that. Neither would any responsible president.

Words matter. Context matters. Messaging matters. Especially so with so much influence over such a large audience.

When so many people in the US are still struggling to accept and rationalise the importance of simply wearing a mask when over a thousand people are dying a day, lazy rhetoric like this is irresponsible.

“If you look at children, children are almost — I would almost say definitely — but almost immune from this disease. So few — they’ve gotten stronger. Hard to believe. I don’t know how you feel about it, but they have much stronger immune systems than we do, somehow, for this. And they don’t have a problem. They just don’t have a problem,” Trump said. 

How is the third of the populous that have implicit faith in Trump going to perceive such language? Quite conceivably, something like: "President Trump says children are immune from covid. He said coronavirus isn't a problem for children." Suddenly, life is full of vector situations.

A Covid press briefing. It's simple to prepare and deliver accurate, unambiguous information. If it is beyond the Trump to do so, just leave the communication to the medical team.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-08-05-20-intl/h_2ed295f7b20341347a05e903d73f0b26

As of May 12, the number of deaths in the U.S. for patients under 18 without underlying conditions was 3

But i'll be generous and include underlying conditions, which kicks the total up to 9

So in a country of 330 million people, you are talking about nine deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

As of May 12, the number of deaths in the U.S. for patients under 18 without underlying conditions was 3

But i'll be generous and include underlying conditions, which kicks the total up to 9

So in a country of 330 million people, you are talking about nine deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

So?

I know I posted a link from CNN, but please read it anyway and you'll understand.

Also consider the definitions of immunity and susceptibility, and all that entails with regard to the transmission of covid.

31 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

50? That's pretty strict.

I'd like to think that I can still do my job well for a few years yet.

Who else should retire at 50, (or 57 if a 49yo serves two terms)? Neurosurgeons? Pilots?

I do agree with your general premise about the age of US presidents though. It's very different in Australia. We've only elected two prime ministers to their initial term in office after turning 60. Billy McMahon and Malcolm Turnbull.

Please you are just as crazy as me and I’m not 50. 

in actual fact, you might be more crazy than me 

19 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, was a Scott. 

Who invented the telephone in Boston

BTW, do you know where in England the US Department of Defense is based?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

https://www.upworthy.com/caesar-the-no-drama-therapy-llama-has-been-keeping-protesters-and-police-calm-in-portland

Everybody needs one of these sometimes.😆

( Probably could link it in the Corona virus thread as well.)

Cool

Maybe they should send some llamas to Chicago and New York to see if they can do something about their increasing murder rates

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cool

Maybe they should send some llamas to Chicago and New York to see if they can do something about their increasing murder rates

Or Fort Worth and Jacksonville?

Maybe they should change the constitution and make it mandatory for people to " have the right to bear llamas".

Then they could replace the NRA with the NLA.

If things got out of hand The Donald could send in the Federal Zookeepers. I'm sure @Paul Every would be onboard with that.

😁

Edited by Dave T
Emoji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
33 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Or Fort Worth and Jacksonville?

Have Fort Worth and Jacksonville seen the same increases since defunding the police somehow became a good idea?

47 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Have Fort Worth and Jacksonville seen the same increases since defunding the police somehow became a good idea?

Apparently less than Chicago but more than New York.

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Apparently less than Chicago but more than New York.

Given that New York saw a 50% increase in July, I would be surprised by that

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
On 02/08/2020 at 7:58 PM, more said:

No, these days it makes you culturally and sexualy insensitive. We need to be consciously aware of other peoples differences and treat them differently accordingly.... Apparently... 

Now that is woke

18 hours ago, roxii said:

Many of them are bought into they are the greatest nation on earth still. The USA is effectively walled off from much of the world. They have failed at health, economy, law and order and education.

Defund the police is not about what Jimmy is saying it is, it is about changing the model of policing and resourcing it differently.

As long as we have enough people wanting to win and be smug COVID will keep winning. 2020 is the time to do the right thing so you can all live a decent quality of life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Many of them are bought into they are the greatest nation on earth still.

The theory of exceptionalism is another side debate which could also warrant it's own thread 

6 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Many of them are bought into they are the greatest nation on earth still. The USA is effectively walled off from much of the world. They have failed at health, economy, law and order and education.

Defund the police is not about what Jimmy is saying it is, it is about changing the model of policing and resourcing it differently.

As long as we have enough people wanting to win and be smug COVID will keep winning. 2020 is the time to do the right thing so you can all live a decent quality of life.

But can't you see the problem in what you are saying-instead of ripping resources from Police they should be increasing them, particularly around providing adequate training. If other areas in society need resources it shouldn't come at the expense of policing-this is a purely punitive reaction to teach them who's boss. How about they dip into the 721 Billion odd they spend on defence every year.. 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

The theory of exceptionalism is another side debate which could also warrant it's own thread 

True, many of them are holding hard to the belief they are the greatest nation and some how burying 1200 plus a day to COVID and literally doing nothing about it some how is not a failure.

1 minute ago, more said:

But can't you see the problem in what you are saying-instead of ripping resources from Police they should be increasing them, particularly around providing adequate training. If other areas in society need resources it shouldn't come at the expense of policing-this is a purely punitive reaction to teach them who's boss. How about they dip into the 721 Billion odd they spend on defence every year.. 

Well yes on the 721 I agree. They mean to resource different models and have less of a special forces armoured corp:

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/what-it-means-to-defund-the-police-and-how-it-would-work/12336014#:~:text=Defunding the police is fundamentally,including shootings%2C than white people.

And there are far too many police in the USA anyway, park police, county police, state police, pentagon police. Too many armed people with 6 weeks training and a badge. It is not a surprise it results in combat, the police are not set up for success in the first place.

13 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

If you don't want to take my word for it, ask AOC

"“Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement."

"Ocasio-Cortez said that cutting the police budget is not effective if it does not result in the reduced presence of law enforcement. "

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/505307-ocasio-cortez-dismisses-proposed-1b-cut-defunding-police-means-defunding

Just now, IronJimbo said:

If you don't want to take my word for it, ask AOC

"“Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement."

"Ocasio-Cortez said that cutting the police budget is not effective if it does not result in the reduced presence of law enforcement. "

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/505307-ocasio-cortez-dismisses-proposed-1b-cut-defunding-police-means-defunding

That's what it means to AOC, lest see what gets done.

See above, they probably could have less police as there are silly amounts of them in the USA anyway. What they need is better police

7 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

True, many of them are holding hard to the belief they are the greatest nation and some how burying 1200 plus a day to COVID and literally doing nothing about it some how is not a failure.

If you want to judge the last 250 years by that interpretation of the present I suppose you could draw that conclusion 

Edited by IronJimbo
Just now, IronJimbo said:

If you want to judge the last 250 years by that interpretation of present I suppose you could draw that conclusion 

I don't think they did much in the last 250 years either

19 hours ago, roxii said:

So true, and sunk even further under this presidency. 
Some of their systems and practices seem so crazy and counterproductive to being a mature and functioning society, let alone the greatest nation on earth as some there (& here) will have you believe. 
I give the incident of the two home owners brandishing guns outside their house that someone mentioned here as an example. Now they’ve been charged with a few offences over that incident. It’s yet to go to trial but the elected state Governor has already said in a press conference that he’ll pardon them if they are found guilty. Can you imagine if that happened pretrial in Aus? Or just about any democracy. But in the US things like that are accepted.

Edited by Mike Del
12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If that's the case, I'm glad I don't work for you 

What does that have to do with the the issue? What is so amazing about the USA over the last 250 years?

27 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

So true, and sunk even further under this presidency. 
Some of their systems and practices seem so crazy and counterproductive to being a mature and functioning society, let alone the greatest nation on earth as some will have you believe. 
I give the incident of the two home owners brandishing guns outside their house that someone mentioned here as an example. Now they’ve been charged with a few offences over that incident. It’s yet to go to trial but the elected state Governor has already said in a press conference that he’ll pardon them if they are found guilty. Can you imagine if that happened pretrial in Aus? 

If the voters of Missouri don't like that, they can get rid of the governor in November 

What about the other 49 states? 

On 08/08/2020 at 1:32 PM, BarryBevan said:

What does that have to do with the the issue? What is so amazing about the USA over the last 250 years?

The US came up with  Chinese food, pizza, Chilli Conga, and the missionary position, your welcome.

Edited by Mike Del