Trump is the President

11 hours ago, Paul Every said:

I hope you're not suggesting some sort of equivalency, either politically, ethically or the potential to cost lives.

Depends on whether you consider taking $100 or taking $100000 is still stealing.  If you do then yes.  If you don't then No.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

Posted Images

13 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

will she hold her nerve and keep the borders shut past the original July 10 date to slow/prevent the virus from spreading north or will she pander to the vocal minority and open them up for the "political advantage".  

It's hard to say which way would lead to political advantage. There are 2 distinct camps. Personally, I think keeping them closed a couple more weeks would be good, but I say that from a position where my livelihood isn't affected. Those that rely on interstate tourism must be hurting fiercely at the moment, so I can understand why they want the borders opened.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
19 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Depends on whether you consider taking $100 or taking $100000 is still stealing.  If you do then yes.  If you don't then No.

Sorry, I'm totally missing your point.

13 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

I reckon if he starts to put his brain into gear before he speaks (or twits), he'll easily win this election because the electorate isn't sold on Biden.  

Correct

Trump voters are mainly pro-Trump.  Biden voters are mainly anti-Trump

Biden will do well in the coastal elite states like New York and California, but so did Hillary

Buden also needs a solid black vote in the cities, and the current focus on policing means there are a lot of Democratic mayors in the spotlight

Hillary got 94% of the black vote in 2016 and lost.  If recent polls suggesting that trump has as much as 30% black support are anywhere near accurate, Biden is toast 

On 21/06/2020 at 5:33 PM, Paul Every said:

Trump's pontificating to the masses saying they should conduct fewer tests so they'll have fewer covid cases.

Irresponsible idiot.

And he was a million billion percent serious too...

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

And he was a million billion percent serious too...

His team defended his claim for 12 hours then it became “he was joking” . How many time has that happened now?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Yeah, inane, irresponsible and pathetic wasn't it?

Not quite as much as the media's response

And by extension, of course, your own

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

And every other person who has half an ounce of care about people in this world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nealo said:

And every other person who has half an ounce of care about people in this world.

I thought this place was over the "you don't care as much as I do" bullshit

Unfortunately not, it would seem 

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I thought this place was over "playing the man not the ball".

Unfortunately not, it would seem.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I thought this place was over "playing the man not the ball".

Unfortunately not, it would seem.

If it was, people wouldn't be basing their arguments on accusations of hypocrisy any more

Alas...

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I thought this place was over the "you don't care as much as I do" bullshit

Unfortunately not, it would seem 

I was referring to Trump, try not to make about you or the left or whatever other bullshit spin you want to put on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, nealo said:

I was referring to Trump, try not to make about you or the left or whatever other bullshit spin you want to put on it.

My apologies if that's the case

Must have somehow confused you with Parky

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

My apologies if that's the case

Must have somehow confused you with Parky

Parky has left the forum. Which is a shame he was a great contributor and one of the good guys.

Keep it up & I'm sure others will leave the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Parky has left the forum. Which is a shame he was a great contributor and one of the good guys.

If Parky or anyone else can't cope with the idea that someone doesn't agree with them, is that really my fault? 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I don’t get this soft cock reaction. 

the tri forum everyone is on topic and behaves. 

the sandbox is for bs off topic chat.  If you get upset with what someone says in a sandbox thread about a USA president or a covid test thread , stay out of the sandbox. 

• Like 1

Sharing this from the Pathetic Triathletes FB page... 

Disclaimer:  This is not meant to be a polemic post; rather, it's a plea from a doctor who is seeing way too much preventable illness and death in her daily practice.  For those signed up for Lubbock 70.3, PLEASE DON'T GO.  Facts only: 

* Last month, in the Texas Medical Center, the rate of positive testing was less than 10%. As of today, it is 35% in the major hospital systems

* Last week, we were averaging about 400 new diagnoses per day. This week, the average is 962 new cases per day.

* Statewide, today is the 10th consecutive day of record-high hospitalizations in Texas.

* We are getting close to exhausting our hospital capacity and medication supply in Houston.  I literally could not give the necessary anti-viral medication to my patient in the ICU last week because we are out of it.  

Please don't convene with thousands of other people in Lubbock this weekend.  It's just not worth it.  While you may not get extremely sick, you could inadvertently spread the virus to someone else, resulting in a terrifying chest x-ray like the one my patient has today.  There's always next year.  Please.

18 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Yeah, inane, irresponsible and pathetic wasn't it?

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

We've all heard what he said:

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases.....Here's the bad part: When you do testing to that extent, you're gonna find more people, you're gonna find more cases. So I said to my people, 'slow the testing down please!'"

Look at what's happening in Florida and Texas, red states where Trump's words and influence is higher. Rapidly escalating numbers of positive tests with corresponding increases in percentages of positive tests. And he's telling people that there should be less testing, the logical extension being they should be less vigilant about coming forward and being tested.

He blatently and thoughlessly extended an open invitation and justification for his followers to pass the virus onto family members, work colleagues and whoever else they may come in contact with, because "Hey, Donald says we're doin' too much testing and I ain't wearing no mask either!"

That is irresponsible. That is inane. That is pathetic.That is intemperate. That is foolish.

You can't simply wind this stuff back the following day, spinning some crap that you were just joking.

Not when you're president. Not in the middle of a crisis like the US is experiencing. Not after your own media team has spent the morning scrambling to justify your comments.

"Three things can not be retrieved:

The arrow once sped from the bow.

The word spoken in haste.

The opportunity missed."

Short of shooting an arrow into the crowd, Trump nailed the other two. Ironically, shooting the arrow would have likely proven a safer alternative. At worst, only one fatality.

IJ, surely there must be some point where even you can't justify this shit. Don't bother replying unless you're prepared to have an adult conversation.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

IJ, surely there must be some point where even you can't justify this shit. Don't bother replying unless you're prepared to have an adult conversation.

As I've said many times, you can be outraged by anything if you try hard enough 

The bloke is obviously not a 'retail politician.'  But that's what tens of millions of people like about him

And anyone who thinks Trump was serious in his remarks about testing is even more stupid than they think he is

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

And anyone who thinks Trump was serious in his remarks about testing is even more stupid than they think he is

The problem is, so many of his supporters take everything he says as gospel, and they and there families are the ones that are going to be at risk.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Peter said:

I don’t get this soft cock reaction. 

the tri forum everyone is on topic and behaves. 

the sandbox is for bs off topic chat.  If you get upset with what someone says in a sandbox thread about a USA president or a covid test thread , stay out of the sandbox. 

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics. 
It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

As I've said many times, you can be outraged by anything if you try hard enough 

Let's give it another try, IJ.

Adult conversation. Just concentrate on holding that thought.

It's not about confected outrage. It's about the responsibilities that go with leadership, influence and being president.

There are repercussions to what Trump says, tweets and does. To the decisions he makes. Whether that be dismissing testing or the wearing of masks, politicising and fomenting division on these matters cost lives.

11 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The problem is, so many of his supporters take everything he says as gospel, and they and there families are the ones that are going to be at risk.

Thanks for joining the dots for the inattentive or slow learners.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If Parky or anyone else can't cope with the idea that someone doesn't agree with them, is that really my fault? 

If you're the common antagonist, then yes, its your fault. You seem to enjoy stirring the pot & pissing ppl off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how do you tell when he’s serious and when he’s not?

Is he ever serious?

Should he wear a pink tie when he’s being sarcastic?

Or as the leader of the free world should or try a little harder, at being serious?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That's just the kind of intellectual elitism that causes them to flock to Trump 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That's just the kind of intellectual elitism that causes them to flock to Trump 

Pot, meet kettle.

At no point did I say anybody was stupid, like you did.

41 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Let's give it another try, IJ.

Adult conversation. Just concentrate on holding that thought.

Thanks for joining the dots for the inattentive or slow learners.

If you're genuinely interested in having an adult conversation (and I'm prepared to give you the benefit of considerable doubt), I suggest that you do away with the patronising bullshit 

4 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pot, meet kettle.

At no point did I say anybody was stupid, like you did.

So you don't think they can figure out for themselves whether Trump is serious when he's laughing at the medua in the middle of a rally, but you don't think they're stupid 

Okay...

" Trump was asked Monday whether he did indeed tell aides to "slow it down". He did not directly answer the question.

"If it did slow down, frankly, I think we're way ahead of ourselves, if you want to know the truth," Trump said."We've done too good a job," adding that the reason the United States has more coronavirus cases is that it does more testing."

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So you don't think they can figure out for themselves whether Trump is serious when he's laughing at the medua in the middle of a rally, but you don't think they're stupid 

Okay...

Seriously??????????

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you're genuinely interested in having an adult conversation (and I'm prepared to give you the benefit of considerable doubt), I suggest that you do away with the patronising bullshit 

It's pretty simple if you wish me to treat your opinions as those of an adult.....

Edited by Paul Every
15 minutes ago, Peter said:

This woman is amazing. 

I predict sooner or later she will fall out of favour with Trump and get the chop...... or become wife number 4

Seriously though, like her or not she is extremely good at her job.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Seriously though, like her or not she is extremely good at her job.

Plus she’s a good sort.  I don’t care what she’s selling. I’m buying 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Pity she's so lacking integrity.

i would have thought the left would celebrate a young mother having had a double mastectomy rising to such a prominent position

But she works for Trump, so she must be destroyed 

• Thanks 1

Think Trump's re-election is looking quite shaky. Republicans like Powell saying vote Biden. Voter turn out is a big issue, but in this BLM year, it should increase.

With COVID spiking in the south and west it would be astounding. Though it was astounding before, with the difference being it was all just talk, now it is real and not good.

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I can call him a SJW if you prefer? 

I'd prefer you didn't call or label anyone anything. People don't have to be put in a box or constrained to one way of thinking.

• Like 3