Jump to content

Trump is the President


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Do you, or does anyone, really believe he meant the looters do the shooting?

Nobody at all believes that.... nobody.

“Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!”

Edited by Mike Del
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, dazaau said:

IJ, you spin well. But it is time to give up on the Donald. It's too hard. Really.

The man accuses people he doesn't like of murder while POTUS. This and other shenanigans during the greatest pandemic in a century and likely the greatest economic downturn since the great depression, so far. He just doesn't know where the water's edge is or what leadership looks like. 

For those who missed the story, a young Republican intern Lori Klausutis died from an undiagnosed congenital arrythmmia in 2001.

Former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough is now a political commentator and host of a morning news/chat show. Scarborough is a critic of Trump.

Trump continues to tweet a demonstrably fallacious conspiracy theory accusing "Psycho Joe Scarborough" of the murder of Klausutis and promotes an investigation into Scarborough.

Trump does so despite Klausutis' widower and family imploring Trump to desist and to delete the tweets.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

For those who missed the story, a young Republican intern Lori Klausutis died from an undiagnosed congenital arrythmmia in 2001.

Former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough is now a political commentator and host of a morning news/chat show. Scarborough is a critic of Trump.

Trump continues to tweet a demonstrably fallacious conspiracy theory accusing "Psycho Joe Scarborough" of the murder of Klausutis and promotes an investigation into Scarborough.

Trump does so despite Klausutis' widower and family imploring Trump to desist and to delete the tweets.

Quite bizarre that Twitter leaves those ridiculous tweets alone, but fact checks him on remarks about voter fraud that actually turn out to be true... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Quite bizarre that Twitter leaves those ridiculous tweets alone, but fact checks him on remarks about voter fraud that actually turn out to be true... 

Twitter can’t monitor every tweet in twitter land. 
 

This will come of zero surprise but I’ve had a ban on twitter for replying to someone that they were retarded a while back. 
yet I see other people to go kill themselves that don’t get banned. 
 

Btw loving your work today jimbo 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

fact checks him on remarks about voter fraud that actually turn out to be true... 

So the fact check would have confirmed his position then? Right........

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tyno said:

So the fact check would have confirmed his position then? Right........

That'd be why he had a twitter-war with the Californians when the REPUBLICAN Mayor of Lancaster decided to put an in-person voting station up for his people so they didn't have to travel to the neighbouring city to vote at a recent Special Congressional Election. He accused them of trying to rig the election by having a polling booth.

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

And Bill Shorten said Australia should take note as therr are valuable lessons we can learn from what is happening in the US.  Oh dear....

Edited by Prince
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If you look at all the cities where riots are currently happening, I'd guess that at least 90% of them have a Democratic mayor

But feel free to blame Trump if you wish

75 cities.

Those 7 or 8 Republican mayors are letting their side down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter said:

I don’t get the protesting for someone like this. 

When do you start protesting about this sort of stuff?  

I'd suggest its probably 100+ years overdue....and at the risk of not being popular, I'd suggest that more countries than just the US need to have a good long, serious and rational discussion about race relations.

The sad fact is that most countries are no longer able to have a rational discussion on any topic, let alone one as complex race relations.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Long before this guy.  
 

I suppose its just Timing. People with no money. No food. No jobs. Nothing to do. Locked up in isolation. A president stoking the fire several times a day. 
it had to blow up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

I don’t get the protesting for someone like this. 

???  You believe one life his worth more than another?  Do you think that a white man with the same 'rap sheet' would've been treated the same way?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SomeTri said:

???  You believe one life his worth more than another?  Do you think that a white man with the same 'rap sheet' would've been treated the same way?

Err. Whilst no one deserves to be accidentally killed like Floyd was, he was a piece of shit. Its not Like he was Jesse Jackson so good person. 

Quote

Floyd was first arrested in his 20s for theft and then a later arrest for armed robbery.

Floyd served five years in prison in 2009 for aggravated assault stemming from a robbery in 2007 where he entered a woman’s home, pressed a gun into her stomach and searched the home for drugs and money, according to court records.

Floyd pleaded guilty to the robbery where another suspect posed as a worker for the local water department, wearing a blue uniform in an attempt to gain access to the woman’s home, according to the charging document.

But when the woman opened the door, she realized he was not with the water department and attempted to close the door, leading to a struggle.

At that time, a Ford Explorer pulled up to the home and five other males exited the car and went up to the front door.

The report states the largest of the group, who the victim later identified as Floyd, ‘forced his way inside the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence.

‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’

Not finding any drugs or money at the house, the men took jewelry and the woman’s cell phone and fled in their car. A neighbor who witnessed the robbery took down the car’s license plate number.

Later, police tracked down the car and found Floyd behind the wheel. He was later identified by the woman as the large suspect who placed a gun against her stomach and forced her into her living room, the document states.

Floyd pleaded guilty to the first degree felony and was sentenced in April 2009 to five years in prison.

Prior to that, Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine. He had been charged in December 2005 for having less than one gram of the controlled substance.

However, a few months later the charge was updated to possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, amending the amount Floyd allegedly had to more than four grams of cocaine.

But according to court records, Floyd was able to have the charge reverted back to possession of cocaine less than a gram.

Floyd had two other cocaine offenses, receiving an eight month-sentence stemming from an October 2002 arrest and was sentenced to 10 months from a 2004 arrest.

Floyd was arrested in April 2002 for criminal trespassing and was sentenced to 30 days in jail.

He did another stint for theft with a firearm in August 1998. He served 10 months at Harris County jail.

In one of the charging documents, officials noted Floyd had two convictions in the 1990s for theft and delivery of a controlled substance, but it is not clear if Floyd served any time for either of those offenses.

After his last arrest in 2007, Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 shortly after his prison release.

And I’m not a person that needs a cause in life and goes protesting about it.  
 

like anti vaxers. Or vegans or just people that need a cause.  If all those people currently protesting actually cared, they would have been doing things many years ago.  Not now. 
 

Edited by Peter
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Err. Whilst no one deserves to be accidentally killed like Floyd was, he was a piece of shit. Its not Like he was Jesse Jackson so good person. 

Accidentally killed????

I would assume that if he was indeed "accidentally killed" we wouldn't be seeing the reaction we are right now. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Peter said:

Err. Whilst no one deserves to be accidentally killed like Floyd was, he was a piece of shit. Its not Like he was Jesse Jackson so good person. 

And I’m not a person that needs a cause in life and goes protesting about it.  
 

like anti vaxers. Or vegans or just people that need a cause.  If all those people currently protesting actually cared, they would have been doing things many years ago.  Not now. 
 

If he deserved to be killed for being a "piece of shit", then let the courts decide that. Not some gung-ho redneck with a badge.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If he deserved to be killed for being a "piece of shit", then let the courts decide that. Not some gung-ho redneck with a badge.

Interesting video just on Sunrise during live cross when the camera man was attacked by police who must have know the media were they. This isn't the first time the media hasn't been targeted either.  Makes you wonder why they would want to to target media.. 

Police are going to find it hard to get any media support if they continue to attack them. 

Great job by the whole crew to continue the live cross.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

like anti vaxers. Or vegans or just people that need a cause.  If all those people currently protesting actually cared, they would have been doing things many years ago.  Not now. 
 

They have. Heard of the Rodney King riots, the Million Man march, MLK etc etc.

The govt promises change, it doesnt happen and then the story repeats. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

accident?

If you're asking about the attack on the media team.  In my opinion...no.  Deliberate decision made by that policeman to make sure what happened afterwards wasn't filmed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

If you're asking about the attack on the media team.  In my opinion...no.  Deliberate decision made by that policeman to make sure what happened afterwards wasn't filmed.

 

Nah. He was referring to Peter's comment that Floyd was accidentally killed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roxii said:

Accidentally killed????

I would assume that if he was indeed "accidentally killed" we wouldn't be seeing the reaction we are right now. 

 

I don’t believe for one second that cop woke up that morning and thought, I’m gunna kill a black guy today. 
 

did he kill him?  Of course his actions were the reason Floyd died. So yes  

did he do it on purpose with intention to kill him? I don’t believe that. 
 

is everyone protesting doing it in support of Floyd?  Nope for the reason I posted previously below. 

11 hours ago, Peter said:

I agree. Long before this guy.  
 

I suppose its just Timing. People with no money. No food. No jobs. Nothing to do. Locked up in isolation. A president stoking the fire several times a day. 
it had to blow up.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nah. He was referring to Peter's comment that Floyd was accidentally killed.

Do you honestly believe 4 cops went to work that day with the intention to kill someone? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

Do you honestly believe 4 cops went to work that day with the intention to kill someone? 

No, that would be premeditated murder.

Slipping over and his knee crushing Floyd's windpipe would be accidental. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, roxii said:

They have. Heard of the Rodney King riots, the Million Man march, MLK etc etc.

The govt promises change, it doesnt happen and then the story repeats. 

Then why do the people keep voting the same old crew back in?

or more to the fact.  Not voting at all.

they will go and protest  they will break into shops and steal stuff.  They will destroy infrastructure  

but won’t vote on Election Day?

trump based his entire campaign on Make America Great Again. 
 

he clearly hasn’t. 
 

but I’ve already bet he will be voted back in 

Edited by Peter
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No, that would be premeditated murder.

Slipping over and his knee crushing Floyd's windpipe would be accidental. 

 

So what’s manslaughter?

for the record. The cop should go to jail for killing him. So should his 3 mates. 
 

but I don’t believe for 1 second they planned on killing someone when they got dressed in the morning.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the first things they teach you about when restraining people is restraint asphyxia. 
Get that wrong & you fail the course. It’s jammed into you from day one of the course. Why it happens, how it happens, how to avoid it, warning signs to look for etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

So what’s manslaughter?

for the record. The cop should go to jail for killing him. So should his 3 mates. 
 

but I don’t believe for 1 second they planned on killing someone when they got dressed in the morning.  

I would expect manslaughter would be if he was bashing the guy, slipped, and crushed his windpipe.

He's been charged with 3rd degree murder, and I assume manslaughter in case they can't get him convicted on the murder.

And I would suspect most murders aren't premeditated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

The sad fact is that most countries are no longer able to have a rational discussion on any topic, let alone one as complex race relations.

That's because the political discourse has become so polarised that facts are ignored in lieu of mischaracterised intent 

The reason these discussions go nowhere is because we can't even agree on the starting point 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Then why do the people keep voting the same old crew back in?

or more to the fact.  Not voting at all.

they will go and protest  they will break into shops and steal stuff.  They will destroy infrastructure  

but won’t vote on Election Day?

trump based his entire campaign on Make America Great Again. 
 

he clearly hasn’t. 
 

but I’ve already bet he will be voted back in 

Because its difficult to vote in USA federal elections (relative to places like here in Australia).  Voter suppression is a clear strategy over there.  Its not like here where a 10min line is considered very poor, or where we get fired up because the sausage sizzle isn't up to scratch...   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Do you honestly believe 4 cops went to work that day with the intention to kill someone? 

I honestly believe they went to work not caring if they killed a black person...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Abby said:

I honestly believe they went to work not caring if they killed a black person...

That’s certainly a possibility.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Interesting video just on Sunrise during live cross when the camera man was attacked by police who must have know the media were they. This isn't the first time the media hasn't been targeted either.  Makes you wonder why they would want to to target media.. 

Police are going to find it hard to get any media support if they continue to attack them. 

Great job by the whole crew to continue the live cross.

Attacked? I just watched the video (i Think it’s the one you are referring to) 

It pisses me off when media get in the way. She was directly in front of the line, wearing all black & had no reason to be there. Tipping she was probably warned & asked to move several times before being pushed back. 
Comply with directions or suffer the consequences. 
They got what they wanted - a story. 

There is a guy reporting for channel 9 who’s doing a great job of reporting from Minnesota. He’s close to the action, complies with the request of the police & is allowed to go on with his business. There was footage of his car being searched yesterday. He got cuffed & detained for a while. He followed directions, no issues. They had a rifle in the car, they declared it & kept their hands up the entire time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Attacked? I just watched the video (i Think it’s the one you are referring to) 

It pisses me off when media get in the way. She was directly in front of the line, wearing all black & had no reason to be there. Tipping she was probably warned & asked to move several times before being pushed back. 
Comply with directions or suffer the consequences. 
They got what they wanted - a story. 

Admittedly just looking at the ch7 shot you'd get that impression but theres another angle of the incident doing the rounds on twitter.  They are actually directly behind a wall that the cop had to turn around to get to the camera man who was thumped twice.   First time might have been by accident due to poor visibility by the wall and shield but theres no doubt about the 2nd one.    So yes attacked.

Twitter angle

Interesting to see that the second punch was directed towards the camera.  Not my preferred place of attempting to hit somebody.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's photo op holding the Bible in front of the St John's Episcopalian church is certainly drawing some criticism. Not least from a member's of the church's clergy, who was cleared from the church grounds by the advancing military police's use of tear gas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Trump's photo op holding the Bible in front of the St John's Episcopalian church is certainly drawing some criticism.

Did the bible he was holding burst into flames?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Admittedly just looking at the ch7 shot you'd get that impression but theres another angle of the incident doing the rounds on twitter.  They are actually directly behind a wall that the cop had to turn around to get to the camera man who was thumped twice.   First time might have been by accident due to poor visibility by the wall and shield but theres no doubt about the 2nd one.    So yes attacked.

Twitter angle

Interesting to see that the second punch was directed towards the camera.  Not my preferred place of attempting to hit somebody.

Just looked at that angle & I still disagree with the term attacked. Notice the cameraman was carrying a small camera (not the big over shoulder camera) wearing a baseball cap & bandana. 
The body language of the officer changers once he’s established it’s a non threat. I see a fence line but no wall in that pic. U could argue they were hiding in a blind spot to attack the police.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Just looked at that angle & I still disagree with the term attacked. Notice the cameraman was carrying a small camera (not the big over shoulder camera) wearing a baseball cap & bandana. 
The body language of the officer changers once he’s established it’s a non threat. I see a fence line but no wall in that pic. U could argue they were hiding in a blind spot to attack the police.

Really? Are we watching the same Twitter video?

Cop 1 punches into the camera man. The camera man is standing still with a large camera, the reporter is turning her back. So completely non-aggressive.

Cop 2 (the only non-attacker) then steps in, blocks Cop 1, and waves them on to move along - WHICH THEY IMMEDIATELY COMPLY WITH.

Cop 3 almost climbs over Cop 2 and strikes them repeatedly with his baton while they are running away, even tho they are clearly complying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Just looked at that angle & I still disagree with the term attacked. 

Don't know what you're definition of "attacked" is but a bloke doing his job legally getting hit with a large solid object and then punched (by anybody)  comes under my definition of "attacked".  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Abby said:

Really? Are we watching the same Twitter video?

Cop 1 punches into the camera man. The camera man is standing still with a large camera, the reporter is turning her back. So completely non-aggressive.

Cop 2 (the only non-attacker) then steps in, blocks Cop 1, and waves them on to move along - WHICH THEY IMMEDIATELY COMPLY WITH.

Cop 3 almost climbs over Cop 2 and strikes them repeatedly with his baton while they are running away, even tho they are clearly complying.

Cop 2 - agree

cop 1 - pushes with Shield, strikes camera with forearm Strike. I don’t see “punch” in the footage 

cop 3 - is a dick & hits her once not repeatedly. Looks to hit her back pack to get a move along

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...