Trump is the President

Dear America,

How is it that in a country of over 300 million the best two you can come up with to fight it out are these two?

One who has put herself in the position that the other guy is even close to winning and that other guy who is some scary shit.

The rest of the world would be laughing except for the fact that that bloke of yours is just plain f******* wacko bad.

Please do the world including your country a real big favour, call this one off and start again.

Concerned World Citizen

+1, but it's actually 318.9 million, so that is an even bigger reason to be scared that they can't find someone decent!!!

He's a nutcase game-show host. She's the ex-wife (let's face it, the marriage is a total sham) of a former President. She's just as dodgy as he is and desperate to be the first female President. We all saw how that went in Australia, didn't we?

Neither of them are qualified or rational enough to lead the world. Let's start again and do it properly before someone loses an eye!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

I'd have thought you'd cause more suspicion at a Trump rally if you didn't have a gun.

Funny, and true.

But the sad reality is that gun ownership is considered essential as the ownership of guns (legal or otherwise) has become out of control. Peaceful, loving friends and family of mine there (Florida, North Carolina, NY, NJ) all have guns to protect themselves as they don't trust anyone else not to have one. One even has one of these under his bed (https://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-GVB1000-Mini-Vault-Biometric/dp/B001ABLN4A). Scary. They are all licensed and have them in their cars and homes, but it's a lot like Australia where you are worried about the unlicensed carriers!

So, the cycle perpetuates. And perpetuates.

I, and I am in no way advocating this or hoping for it, believe that - if HC wins this farce on Tuesday, someone will take a shot at her within 6 months.

My wife believes she will get shot (at). To be completely honest, I can't believe Obama hasn't. Of course I don't think Obama had a presidential candidate hint that shooting him would be on the cards!

• Like 1

FBI has just now come out and said they've been working around the clock on the recent emails found on Weiners laptop, and have said that there recommendation made on the earlier email investigation hasn't changed! So was a great idea for them to announce they had the emails rather than at the least wait till they had finished their investigation first!

Tipping if hilary gets in the head of fbi and a few under him will be looking for new jobs.

Guessing in doing what he did, he has obviously clashed with the clintons before and was going to losehis job anyway.

Nothing in business and politics is what it seems.

Tipping if hilary gets in the head of fbi and a few under him will be looking for new jobs.

James Comey was appointed by Obama in 2013 and was confirmed by the senate for a 10-year term.

I don't know the ins and outs of the grounds for an early dismissal & replacement, but with his republican background, that response might not be worth it for Clinton.

My wife believes she will get shot (at). To be completely honest, I can't believe Obama hasn't. Of course I don't think Obama had a presidential candidate hint that shooting him would be on the cards!

My uncle, who was as right as you can get, reckoned that Bob Hawke would be our first political assassination.

My uncle, who was as right as you can get, reckoned that Bob Hawke would be our first political assassination.

You would have gotten long odds on John Newman being the first. Lots of people hated Hawke, Keating, Fraser, Whitlam, McMahon - actually pretty much all of them :lol:

Not sure if true, but I heard that Clinton was the most heavily guarded Presidential Candidate in history. Apparently there is pretty much a small army of secret service agents that scrutinise every aspect of her appearances, venues, transport etc etc. Even more so than for usual candidates and even past presidents.....

I guess they are concerned some Trump supporting, gut totting (bible reading?) nutjob will try to take her out.... not that Trump has helped with the type of language he has used...

(incidentally, how bad would it be if Trump WERE to become president!?!? Imagine using that sort of inflammatory language towards Nth Korea or China or Iran ..... he certainly wouldn't be a brilliant at international diplomacy)

I think what will escalate/de-escalate that securityfeeling is Trumps behaviour in the day/s following the election.

(if he loses) and comes out to declare Hillary the winner, and says all the things the losing party usually say at the time of losing an election, then it might calm it down a bit.

If, however, Trump continues with his rhetoric even after votes have been counted ..... then who knows where it will end in crazy land ....

Edited by TryTriB4Forty

It wouldn't surprise me at all! Considering what's been said about her, and the 'shoot her' suggestions by Trump.

The election's already a joke, then you have this stuff going around from Trump supporters

Trump Trolls Find New Tactics To Spread False Voting Information On Twitter

http://flip.it/1CQsDn

(incidentally, how bad would it be if Trump WERE to become president!?!? Imagine using that sort of inflammatory language towards Nth Korea or China or Iran ..... he certainly wouldn't be a brilliant at international diplomacy)

Hillary is the one promoting a big-America and strong intervention in world politics.

Trump is essentially promoting the same world-isolationist, anti-UN, anti-immigration, tariff-protection policies of post-WWI America.

If he were to implement what he has spruiked, there would be a major withdrawal of USA involvement with world politics - Nth-Korea, China, Russia, Iran, etc

Of course, then the rest of the world would be left to deal with the fall-out of that.

An interesting story about why they vote on a Tuesday!

Apparently goes back to the mid 1800's. Friday through sunday were sacred days. You could generally only vote in larger cities etc, so Monday was get the horse and cart out and travel day, you then voted on Tuesday and were then able to get home in time for markets on Wednesday. They've tried at times to change it, but have been unsuccessful. Currently some talking about running it from Saturday 10am to Sunday night, allowing plenty of time for people to turn up.

Currently there are 13 states that do not allow pre-poll or postal voting, so it's turn up on the day or you don't vote. So at least 1 in 4 don't vote in those states for that reason alone.

They're looking for the Latino vote to do what the African-American vote did for Obama. In Florida about 6.2mill have pre voted with about 1mill of them being Latino. That's a jump of 75% over 2012 stats.

And Donald wasn't spose to inherit the family fortune/business etc. It was spose to be his older brother, but dad and donald didn't think he had the killer instinct! What a shame....

We seem to have less coverage of our own elections than we do of the yanks.

How will any of it affect our day to day life?

You were over seas for our last election, weren't you?

That shit dragged on and on.

the fact the US stuff drags on for 18 months or more is the real killer.

How will it affect our daily life - well, if the Donald gets in, there might be some strange shit going down.

If Hillary gets in, we probably don't notice anything much.

• Like 1

How will it affect our daily life - well, if the Donald gets in, there might be some strange shit going down.

If Hillary gets in, we probably don't notice anything much.

If Trump gets in, we will have all sorts of celebrities trying to hitch a boat ride via Indonesia to claim assylum, and AP might find it harder to get his annual visa to visit Kona (It might become a quadathlon, pole vault over the wall, swim, bike, run)

If Hilary gets in, we could get dragged under the ANZUS treaty to do some sabre rattling in the South China Sea alongside our "allies"

In between all of the rants and erratic position changes, he is essentially pushing the idea of island-America – make America great again, by putting up walls & tarriffs, being self-sufficient, getting out of all world politics that do not have a direct benefit for the USA, etc. i.e. Looking back fondly to the roaring-20’s – which of course ended with the great depression.

This could have a significant impact on our trade with China (whose trade with the USA would be impacted) and may require a total re-think of our regional defence strategy.

If Trump gets in, we will have all sorts of celebrities trying to hitch a boat ride via Indonesia to claim assylum, and AP might find it harder to get his annual visa to visit Kona (It might become a quadathlon, pole vault over the wall, swim, bike, run)

They definitely won't let AP in. He looks mexican

An interesting story about why they vote on a Tuesday!

Apparently goes back to the mid 1800's. Friday through sunday were sacred days. You could generally only vote in larger cities etc, so Monday was get the horse and cart out and travel day, you then voted on Tuesday and were then able to get home in time for markets on Wednesday. They've tried at times to change it, but have been unsuccessful. Currently some talking about running it from Saturday 10am to Sunday night, allowing plenty of time for people to turn up.

Currently there are 13 states that do not allow pre-poll or postal voting, so it's turn up on the day or you don't vote. So at least 1 in 4 don't vote in those states for that reason alone.

They're looking for the Latino vote to do what the African-American vote did for Obama. In Florida about 6.2mill have pre voted with about 1mill of them being Latino. That's a jump of 75% over 2012 stats.

The reasoning why it has never been able to get changed from a Tuesday, is all states would need to agree to it, or else there would be a shotgun approach where some states would vote on Saturday, some on Monday and others retain Tuesday.

The other interesting thing about the election is the 2 major parties are the only candidates that will appear in all states ballots. Some states will only allow certain candidates to appear on their ballot papers, basically any third party or independents will have to rely on carrying enough states from those that allow them as candidates to take the white house. It's a shame as there are a few good third party candidates that aren't being given the airplay or the same ground to really get up, and most of them would make a better choice than either of the main 2

Florida is going to be the main state to keep an eye on now, some polls opened half an hour ago so game on

I'm not sure why the media and Australian's have so much interest in USA politics. Â We seem to have less coverage of our own elections than we do of the yanks.

Â

How will any of it affect our day to day life? Â

And regarless of the outcome, coverage means nothing. We cannot affect the outcome so may as well logon at 4 tomorrow arvo and see the result.

Hand wringing on iffs and butts and what iffs is just a waste of our media time

The reasoning why it has never been able to get changed from a Tuesday, is all states would need to agree to it, or else there would be a shotgun approach where some states would vote on Saturday, some on Monday and others retain Tuesday.

The other interesting thing about the election is the 2 major parties are the only candidates that will appear in all states ballots. Some states will only allow certain candidates to appear on their ballot papers, basically any third party or independents will have to rely on carrying enough states from those that allow them as candidates to take the white house. It's a shame as there are a few good third party candidates that aren't being given the airplay or the same ground to really get up, and most of them would make a better choice than either of the main 2

Florida is going to be the main state to keep an eye on now, some polls opened half an hour ago so game on

In the UK, we vote on a Thursday and they stay up all night counting votes live on TV until they declare the polls (much easier with the First Past the Post system), but what I really miss is voting at the local school with a cake stall or a sausage sizzle... found it very weird the first year I voted.

Then again, the polls are open from 0700 - 2300 (to coincide with the closing of pubs) and some people still find it hard to get an vote.

I like Saturdays for voting.

We are so interested cause it's quite honestly unfathomable that he's within cooee of a shot. The dude can lie his ass off and people eat the shit like it's Belgium chocolate. It's just so unbelievable it makes rivetting watching. Hilary is just a typical pollie cheat that has been in the game a long time. Wouldn't have had a look in if it wasn't for Trump.

Or last election drove me insane.

I have an announcement....

In the last 24 hours, I have decided that the best thing for the World in general, would be for Trump to win. YUP. Blink and read it one more time.

Clinton stands for everything that is wrong with the USA - another white, capitalist, supremacist that will keep fueling the hatred that the USA have for the M.E., giving ISIS more reason to grow. She has all the support and knows all the tricks within the game to keep the 'us vs them' mentality alive and well in the name of 'oil'.

Trump, is all of those things as well, but he's such a foolish clown that his election will demand dramatic change in how future Presidents will be elected. If he's still around within 6 months of election, he will have created so much civil unrest from Afro-Americans, feminists, Mexicans, migrants and all the other victimised groups that it will create a civil war, which could be what the USA needs to put inequality back on the map and lift the education level and fair treatment of the general population for the next generation. Also, I don't think he has the intelligence to take on 'oil-wars' and meddle in the M.E. like his predecessors who created Bin Laden, ISIS and their ilk.

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1

I can't say that's a foolish statement. I've always believed even more than in aus, it's a vote for who's not the worst. And I think they're both pretty bad.

But I just can't stand the thought of trump being pres. As much denying his own ego boost as anything else. I don't think any of the things you say would happen with him as leader though.

They just showed on the abc a tweet from someone who said people he knows have received txts telling them to vote Bernie so he can win their state. I can't believe I can't believe that stuff goes on.

And regarless of the outcome, coverage means nothing. We cannot affect the outcome so may as well logon at 4 tomorrow arvo and see the result.

Hand wringing on iffs and butts and what iffs is just a waste of our media time

Tell that to Waleed Aly.

... Also, I don't think he has the intelligence to take on 'oil-wars' and meddle in the M.E. like his predecessors who created Bin Laden, ISIS and their ilk.

Despite having executive powers, it’s the US Congress which legislates and must sign-off on most things POTUS wants to implement.

Trump is on record as saying that the only reason ISIS has power now is because the US didn’t take the oil when they invaded Iraq, and that if the US is going to go after ISIS then they should definitely take all the oil this time. He claims that it wouldn’t be a war-crime (*cough*) but would simply be a fair reimbursement for liberating.

However, it’s unlikely that even a republican dominated congress would buy into that nonsense.

Once he loses, if he does not do a proper concession speech, and as soon as possible, and tell his rednecks to stand behind Hillary and accept the result, there will be some idiots that will riot and these fools have guns.

and finally, absolute shame and disgust on both parties for ever endorsing these two knuckleheads.

• Like 2

Hoping people there are seeing the votes for other candidates like Gary Johnson who I voted for in Wisconsin and realise they can vote (in most states) for other than the 2 major parties. Early days but he's already at 800,000 votes so there is hope that the message can get through for future elections

Holy Moly ..... I can't believe the US election is so close....

could trump actually get across the line.

The latest results must be worrying the Hillary Campaign ...

As at 1.15pm (Sydney Time)

Trump: 129 electoral votes with 19.04 million popular votes (50.2%)

Clinton: 97 electoral votes and 17.59 million popular votes (45.9%)

And key swing states seem to be on a knife-edge...

This might go down to the wire....

The world has gone mad.

whats next?

Clearly, he (and his team) have tapped into something similar to the simple-minded emotions behind Brexit... convincing Americians that living episodes of Happy-Days is just a matter of choice.

• Like 1