Trump is the President

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

You wonder what goes through the minds of these people - taking a rifle to a protest! 

And Trump communicating with a Governor via Twitter. Is he 12 years old?

Yup.  An American bloke I was at school with is convinced the whole Corona shutdown in the US is a govt conspiracy.  Crazy thinking.

50 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Imagine if anyone stepped into the street in Australia or the UK holding a rifle. Would not happen. The USA is the most dangerous country on Earth. 

Certainly the dumbest country in the world.

It amazes me, there is a great doco on Netflix on the Vietnam War, and the US veterans they interview seem the most intelligent, honest and thoughtful people you could imagine.  And yet......

• Like 3
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Customer said:

Imagine if anyone stepped into the street in Australia or the UK holding a rifle. Would not happen. The USA is the most dangerous country on Earth. 

I felt safer in Mexico than LA last year    

im serious.  And I was in cabo for a bit and percentage wise its the Murder capital of the world. 

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

I felt safer in Mexico than LA last year    

im serious.  And I was in cabo for a bit and percentage wise its the Murder capital of the world. 

Yeah, but that's you Peter, alot more Slowtwits in LA than Cabo, you shouldn't be pissing off Dan so much

Just now, BarryBevan said:

Dan Empfield is peoples exhibit A for why the USA is stuffed

I wish I could find it but he posted once he was going to get me sacked. 

such a tool. 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I wish I could find it but he posted once he was going to get me sacked. 

such a tool. 

Other than his long winded self involved posts where he reminds you how much better he is than you whiel saying nothing of substance.

He permits a bunch of arrogant, racists, MAGA tools post endless bile who argue with a bunch of lefty's who post gross exagrations of what is going on and their own importance. Never go to the Lavender room its worse than the sandbox.

4 hours ago, The Customer said:

The USA is the most dangerous country on Earth. 

Nonsense

There are a bunch of countries to the south of the USA that are considerably more dangerous 

That you’ve never been to either? 

sorry, couldn’t resist 

but you are indeed correct if Wikipedia’s list of the 50 most murderous cities in the world is correct

Cabo not in the top 15 in Mexico. More chance of getting the clap from a coked up American college student than murdered by gangbangers in Cabo. Yes I’ve been there

1AD9AEEA-3EE5-4DDF-9A1E-16E72985F0C1.png

Edited by Parkside

I've actually lived in one of those those countries.

When you get dressed to go work and put some notes in your socks, in case you get robbed for your clothes, tell everyone you meet you're a cleaner, so they think your family back have no money in order for you not be kidnapped and have to make up a back story for everything and have a guy with a ****ing machine as your doorman to your apartment.

That's a whole 'other level of ****edupness.

Having said that. I caught a Friday redeye Greyhound bus from LA to SF and I have never been so worried for such a prolonged period in my life.  I really found Jesus when that trip was over!

8 hours ago, Peter said:

C3B4B9CF-31C1-4CBB-9932-5918F6601CF2.jpeg

staggered by that. We were there in 2011. Stayed at San Jose Del cabo, near the airport, in a 6 star joint, walked the streets at night, ate at local tacquerias and felt safer than Sydney. Cabo san Lucas was like Surfers. Something must have changed drastically, I know the place was flattened by a cyclone a few years after we were there. 

I hear you. I’ve been there twice and honestly a couple of years back we were also walking around and felt fine.  
a funny experience was this guy come up to me and asks 

wanna but some cigars?  Nope 

weed? Nope 

coke? No thanks.  

this was down at the marina.  We had just got back from a boat trip.

he wasn’t even pretending to hide.

no wonder all the college kids go there for spring break. 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Btw.  How good does real Mexican food taste compared to here. 

the flavors explode in your mouth.  Awesome food. 

Absolutely. We went to a place called The Hangman after being recommended by the pool bar guy.  It was a backyard in a factory area next to a dodgy panel beater with a family making tacos over fires. We got enough fish chicken and pork tacos to sink a ship, beers were $2 and my wife had a Margherita the size of a bucket. I reckon 4 of us ate for 25 AUD. They hand made the salsa from chargrilled veggies right in front of us. All the tacos were soft corn tortillas made in front of us. It was the best meal I’ve ever had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep. And apparently they all want to move to the USA.  

yet everyone I spoke to loved Mexico and never wanted to leave.  

if only mexico was closer to Australia 

On ‎2‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 12:21 PM, Parkside said:

That you’ve never been to either? 

sorry, couldn’t resist 

but you are indeed correct if Wikipedia’s list of the 50 most murderous cities in the world is correct

He's never been to them because he knows how dangerous they are. :) 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Cabo is nuts, Mexico is in generally super dangerous. The USA is a very big place, its not all East LA and its Mexican gangs who are the biggest issue

Please, what would u know....it’s not like u live there or anything. 

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Please, what would u know....it’s not like u live there or anything. 

I've heard Sicily has a big-arsed volcano on it

But I've never been there so I can't really say that...

• Like 1

How badly does the US have to descend before enough Republicans take a stand like Mitt Romney?

Given how badly the country has fared in the past few months, with many states reopening despite having no effective controls on covid, November looks a long way off.

It's hard to imagine Trump responding to a tap on the shoulder from within the party. Ego wouldn't allow it. The only way he wouldn't recontest in six months time is if he were shafted. Is it all possible for him to be disendorsed by the party?

Trump could still go at the last minute, Fark it. I’m out.  
then carry on that he never lost an election blah blah.  Was still the President. 
and head off to play golf and take pot shots at the new president. Be that from either side.  
Fox News would probably pay him a million for a 15 min interview 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Wait what?  The Rino Republicans are running this ad?

This is what is wrong with the world, and particularly the USA - people assume people are dumb, and apparently they are and it works. 

Though I have no fondness for trump, that video is beyond ridiculous. As if covid 19 is all his fault and there could be four more years of it - and all you need to do is vote for someone else and it will all go away. 

Don't get me wrong, Trump will be increasingly responsible for a share of the mess that the USA appears to be continuing to head towards, but that ad. wow. So lame. 

2 minutes ago, dazaau said:

This is what is wrong with the world, and particularly the USA - people assume people are dumb, and apparently they are and it works. 

Though I have no fondness for trump, that video is beyond ridiculous. As if covid 19 is all his fault and there could be four more years of it - and all you need to do is vote for someone else and it will all go away. 

Don't get me wrong, Trump will be increasingly responsible for a share of the mess that the USA appears to be continuing to head towards, but that ad. wow. So lame. 

And I shouldn't have read the comments - oh mercy. "Covid is all the doing of the Deep State" - I had to google that. It's a conspiracy and Donald Trump is apparently fighting it. To save us all. 

😮 

2 hours ago, Turts said:

She was totally prepared for that. 

Can we say "set up"? And so, agenda? 

Let's not discourage Trump et al from actually doing their homework. It's old school but it pays off 😂

• 2 weeks later...

The USA is barely in the top 40 countries if you look at tests per million of population - but ranked 11th for cases per million, and 13th for deaths per million.

We passed the 1 million tests today. So far they have been finding 7 positive results per thousand tests, compared to the US 130 positives per thousand. The luxury of getting it under control early, and continuing to test thousands a day whether they are likely to have it or not.

27 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

We passed the 1 million tests today. So far they have been finding 7 positive results per thousand tests, compared to the US 130 positives per thousand. The luxury of getting it under control early, and continuing to test thousands a day whether they are likely to have it or not.

I think we are lucky to  not have those claimed whatever amendment it is that allows them to do what they want and ignore advice. 

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think we are lucky to  not have those claimed whatever amendment it is that allows them to do what they want and ignore advice. 

But what advice? Their states are telling them one thing & their President is telling them another?

• Like 1

Been watching the Tales of Tyson on ESPN. Those fights were 30 years ago and many were held in Trump venues.  Don King and some of the most corrupt figures in boxing as his associates.

Agreed. I would not put up Joseph Stalin as a role model leader. I took this note from Wikipedia:

His totalitarian government has been widely condemned for overseeing mass repressions, ethnic cleansing, deportations, hundreds of thousands of executions, and famines that killed millions.

Though I am a big fan of FDR and Winston.

Be interested to see how Trump goes given he is taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine. I was reading up on the side effects of that drug:

• headache, dizziness;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • loss of appetite, weight loss;
  • feeling nervous or irritable;
  • skin rash or itching; or.
  • hair loss.

He could loss his wonderful hair............

1 hour ago, Mr Flower said:

Agreed. I would not put up Joseph Stalin as a role model leader. I took this note from Wikipedia:

His totalitarian government has been widely condemned for overseeing mass repressions, ethnic cleansing, deportations, hundreds of thousands of executions, and famines that killed millions.

Though I am a big fan of FDR and Winston.

FDR and Winston both led remarkably during the war, but as you say, I'm not sure that Stalin is really much of a role model (unless you're Bernie Sanders)

3 hours ago, Mr Flower said:

Be interested to see how Trump goes given he is taking daily doses of hydroxychloroquine. I was reading up on the side effects of that drug:

• headache, dizziness;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • loss of appetite, weight loss;
  • feeling nervous or irritable;
  • skin rash or itching; or.
  • hair loss.

He could loss his wonderful hair............

Be interesting to see how long it is before he denies ever being on it

• Admino locked this topic
  • Admino unlocked this topic