Trump is the President

Nath, it's far from the first time he's mocked disabled people.

And as far as inevitable, you have to love the fact they stuck his face on a bad guy, who destroyed half of all living life, and in the end, lost!  I mean, I'd love if it was a prediction of how things were going to go for him, but I still think a second term is on the cards.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Nath. said:

Attacking a 16 yr old girl with a disability when you are supposed to be running the biggest economy with the biggest military in the world takes a special kind of miserable scumbag.

Thunberg has Aspergers.  Refering to her as a "girl with a disability" is completely out of touch with modern values.  Interesting to note though that many of the typical characteristics of Asperger Syndrome are why people believe she is to be looked up to.  She isn't what she is in spite of her diagnosis but because of it.

That doesn't change Trump being a miserable scumbag who should have better things to do with his time and more restraint than to act on every ridiculous impulse.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Thunberg has Aspergers.  Refering to her as a "girl with a disability" is completely out of touch with modern values.  Interesting to note though that many of the typical characteristics of Asperger Syndrome are why people believe she is to be looked up to.  She isn't what she is in spite of her diagnosis but because of it.

That doesn't change Trump being a miserable scumbag who should have better things to do with his time and more restraint than to act on every ridiculous impulse.

I've been watching the ABC program Dating on the Spectrum and there were people on with Aspergers who refered to it themselves as their disability, as well as the  journalist? 

Should have just said a 16yr old wih Aspergers ?

I would have thought that response from "the leader of the free world" to anyone or anything via Twitter is enough to question his temperament and ability to do the job.  It's more like the actions of a petulant teenager or Elon Musk.

Greta, or anyone else for that matter, should not be immune from criticism though just because she is young, female, has Asperger's or any other reason.  When people and ideas become off-limits for scrutiny we all lose in the end.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stikman said:

Greta, or anyone else for that matter, should not be immune from criticism though just because she is young, female, has Asperger's or any other reason.  When people and ideas become off-limits for scrutiny we all lose in the end.

I don't think there would be any issue with some constructive criticism, but that's generally not the type of criticism leveled at her.

Why must criticism be constructive?  And how can you constructively criticise a person whose entire reason for notoriety is based on her youth and unconstrained emotional repeating of a message that has been said by thousands before?  If only constructive criticism is allowed then there is no place in the world for the Greta's who don't understand or can't comprehend the nuances of the situation (lacking the ability to see nuance is a feature of Asperger's for what it's worth.)  Her criticism of the world's leaders is anything but constructive.

In any event I don't think Greta is the one who should be being judged anyway.  She hasn't become the literal poster child of climate action on her own.  If you were to suggest that a responsible adult should put a child with (reportedly) severe issues with Asperger's and social anxieties in a position that would almost certainly cause mental harm such as this it would seem irresponsible to me.

The promotion of Greta is a desperate plea to emotion because the arguments of reason have failed to work for whatever reason you choose to believe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Stikman said:

Why must criticism be constructive?  And how can you constructively criticise a person whose entire reason for notoriety is based on her youth and unconstrained emotional repeating of a message that has been said by thousands before?  If only constructive criticism is allowed then there is no place in the world for the Greta's who don't understand or can't comprehend the nuances of the situation (lacking the ability to see nuance is a feature of Asperger's for what it's worth.)  Her criticism of the world's leaders is anything but constructive.

In any event I don't think Greta is the one who should be being judged anyway.  She hasn't become the literal poster child of climate action on her own.  If you were to suggest that a responsible adult should put a child with (reportedly) severe issues with Asperger's and social anxieties in a position that would almost certainly cause mental harm such as this it would seem irresponsible to me.

The promotion of Greta is a desperate plea to emotion because the arguments of reason have failed to work for whatever reason you choose to believe.

That's essentially an accurate description of politics.

3 hours ago, Stikman said:

Why must criticism be constructive? 

Criticism of the position then, not the person. 
But I doubt we are going to see eye to eye on this. And not just because you’re eleventy feet tall :)

2 hours ago, Tyno said:

But I doubt we are going to see eye to eye on this. And not just because you’re eleventy feet tall :)

Lol but people love to attack Trump 'the person' 

12 hours ago, Tyno said:

Couldn't agree more 

Unfortunately one of the bigger loads of horse shit we heard from an Obama actually came from Michelle, when she tried to suggest 'when they go low, we go high'

34 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Jim trump loves to attack the person

Yes he does.  And often they deserve it

It should go without saying though that playing the man in lieu of the ball is far less productive 

16 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

it is done to distract from the issue and his own conduct

Yeah sorry Baz, but that sounds like projection to me

The Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are far more interested in talking about Trump the person that Trump the President, because Trump the President is actually doing a pretty decent job

Nancy Pelosi admitted as much yesterday - if you can't beat him, impeach him...

• Like 1

Could not find her saying that, edited as I saw you said "admiited as much" which means she did not say it all, but it suits your agenda to say she did and then go on ahead on the basis that she did.

That is the basic strategy of the winning conservative governments in the anglophile western states over the last 5 years. They are much better at this than their oppositions, although we out sourced the work to Clive and Pauline.

Edited by BarryBevan

Some interesting principles of the success of recent winners:

1. Simple slogans backed by use of mass media.

2. Leadership demanding total obedience to the leader over cabinet style leadership.

3. Concept of lifters and leaners, lifters are good and rewarded and have the right to take because they are lifters.

4. Discard the leaners any action is justified.

5. Raise the danger to the nation and people from outside the boundary of the nation.

6. Political salvation through decisive leadership.

7. A strong sense that US UK nations are in need of protection, maintenance of purity so they can thrive and lead the world.

8. The leader of presidential authority is above democracy and it institutions.

9. Exploited the economic and social conditions of the day blaming others, regardless of truth, communicating to the masses in simple terms which offered them an explanation for their situation, some one else to blame and obvious and appealing choice.

There is more but that is the building blocks which are proven to work as evidenced by recent electoral campaigns and outcomes.

20 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:
  1. Where did she say that?

As she says in the video, they've been at it for 2 1/2 years

They have due process completely arse about - this is not an investigation of a crime, it's a punishment in search of an excuse

And other Democrats (including Shifty Schiff) have been quote open about the real reason for impeachment - it's all about 2020

18 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Some interesting principles of the success of recent winners:

1. Simple slogans backed by use of mass media.

2. Leadership demanding total obedience to the leader over cabinet style leadership.

3. Concept of lifters and leaners, lifters are good and rewarded and have the right to take because they are lifters.

4. Discard the leaners any action is justified.

5. Raise the danger to the nation and people from outside the boundary of the nation.

6. Political salvation through decisive leadership.

7. A strong sense that US UK nations are in need of protection, maintenance of purity so they can thrive and lead the world.

8. The leader of presidential authority is above democracy and it institutions.

9. Exploited the economic and social conditions of the day blaming others, regardless of truth, communicating to the masses in simple terms which offered them an explanation for their situation, some one else to blame and obvious and appealing choice.

There is more but that is the building blocks which are proven to work as evidenced by recent electoral campaigns and outcomes.

10. Not being a rabid anti-semite

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

10. Not being a rabid anti-semite

There is little evidence of Corbyn's anti semitism. Two inquiries found no case to answer. Being pro Palestine is not the same as being anti Jew, though for simpletons wanting something to hate, it is a nice and easy answer.

Unlike the person who won:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/boris-johnsons-record-of-bigotry-antisemitism-and-far-right-politics-must-not-be-forgotten

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

New Jersey House Democrat Jeff Van Drew looking to switch parties over the impeachment lunacy

Self-preservation can be a powerful thing

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-van-drew-donald-trump-party-switch

Terrible...as bad as ripping off an charity for the needy for your own narcissistic needs and having to pay $2M fine?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Whose jaw do you think is going to be broken, tough guy? 

Broken jaw = can’t talk....metaphor.

you seem triggered that another MAGA fool was beaten, shut up and humbled.

Edited by Nath.
19 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Can you provide them maybe consider Boris’s own actual words

Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to continue talking to terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, in comments that threaten to further destabilise his leadership ahead of the local elections. 

The Labour leader refused to denounce the groups in the wake of calls from Jewish leaders, the Israeli Ambassador and members of his own party to distance himself from those with anti-Semitic views.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/jeremy-corbyn-under-pressure-to-denounce-friends-hamas-and-hezbo/ 

50 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

He said nothing anti semetic unlike Boris who did.

hamas are the elected group for the Palestinian territory.

his actual words speak to peace. He is not pro Israel which is not the same

as being anti semetic.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

He said nothing anti semetic unlike Boris who did.

hamas are the elected group for the Palestinian territory.

his actual words speak to peace. He is not pro Israel which is not the same

as being anti semetic.

Hamas are a terrorist organisation which wants Israel wiped off the map

But Boris said some bloke has a big nose, so yeah...

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Hamas are a terrorist organisation which wants Israel wiped off the map

But Boris said some bloke has a big nose, so yeah...

You are seeking a fight as usual and taking extreme positions designed to inflame.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

You are seeking a fight as usual and taking extreme positions designed to inflame.

Well, no

You're trying to excuse Corbyn's anti-semitism by drawing a false moral equivalence with Johnson 

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well, no

You're trying to excuse Corbyn's anti-semitism by drawing a false moral equivalence with Johnson 

You are making straw men, there is no evidence of anti semitism on Corbyn's part. There is on Johnsons thats the difference. Corbyn refers to Muslim Extremism in the context of western actions.

That is not anti semitic, whereas BJ was. Hamas were elected, then it fell apart. I take no side in the middle east, its been stuffed for a long time.

I don't agree with JC politics one little bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never saw the Corbyn / anti-semitism link either. The media take something and make it real just for the sensationalism of it all. I saw an appalling interview by Andrew Neil with Corby. Neil kept insisting Corby say sorry for anti-semitism. Corbyn sat there confounded at the idea of being asked to apologise for something that doesn't exist. It was like asking someone, "when did you stop beating your wife?"

LOL Great source of news you have there.

On the same page of the Sun are the following headline stories:

A CONVICTED paedophile raped his sister after his $10million lottery winning mum gave him a book about incest.

Rail firm claims Greta Thunberg had 1ST CLASS seat - after snap of her sat on floor

Most wanted crook found MUMMIFIED in his flat after being hunted by cops for 2yrs

World’s moodiest groom completely loses it in front of guests

World's biggest YouTube star PewDiePie QUITS saying he's 'feeling very tired'

Elvis Presley's Grandson is he Spitting Image

HENPECKED 'KILLER' Dad 'murdered wife & 4 kids aged 1 to 10 as he got sick of her nagging'

Evil dad murdered 13 day-old baby son then told cops his toddler did it

Maniac, 51, punches boy, 5, in the face & hits 11-year-old in unprovoked attack

Besotted woman reveals she is to marry Death Row killer who slaughtered 4

Couple who filmed themselves sexually abusing baby jailed for more than 21 yrs

Lisa Armstrong enjoys Strictly wrap party as pals says she's dreading Christmas

Family who won £3.75m on gambling website 'claim £3k a month' in benefits

Moment Charlize Theron accidentally FLASHES her friends as her robe slips open while celebrating SAG Award nomination

Ex-Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham horrifies fans by live streaming vaginal rejuvenation surgery

12 minutes ago, A2K said:

So no rebuttal to the accusations then? 

The first I looked at seemed very familiar:

It also says the far-left leader wrote the forward to a book which argued that banks and the press were controlled by the Jews.

From another article in a different paper:

Boris Johnson has invoked some of the oldest and most pernicious antisemitic stereotypes in a book he wrote when he was a Conservative shadow minister. He describes “Jewish oligarchs” who run the media, and fiddle the figures to fix elections in their favour.

One simply wrote the forward to a book which made a claim, the other actually wrote a book and made the claims.

I suppose you will get what-ever story you want by reading a particular media column.

But I digress. I don't really care for either of them.

10 hours ago, A2K said:

There are some questions raised there. He did do this:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/103565/jeremy-corbyn-criticised-endorsing.

Is it anti-semetic?

This is also a paper that lied to sell papers about the death of 96 football fans and showed no remorse, when caught actuallylying.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/nz8ez8/liverpool-vs-the-sun-how-the-city-rid-itself-of-the-uks-biggest-paper

8 hours ago, A2K said:

So no rebuttal to the accusations then? 

no rebuttal, acceptance that there is something there. Question of source credibility, question of how this supports the argument, but acceptance you have presented evidence.

Source credibility? Forget The Sun there are multiple allegations made by multiple people from multiple organisations. Let's just take one allegation for example. His long running support of known Holocaust denier Paul Eisen. Corbyn claims he didn't know Eisen was an anti semite and cut off ties when he found out. Look at the timeline of events and convince me that Corbyn really didn't know. 

• Admino locked this topic
  • Admino unlocked this topic