Trump is the President

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Also those women made sworn statements which for you is enough to stop the election of Biden, their statements were not found to be false, but not enough to warrant further action.

For you because some one said it as it pertains to this election it is evidence and because it is a sworn statement must be true and the court must accept it as so.

But in the very same situation with Kavanugh you don't want the same standard to apply? The made sworn statements not acted on by the Police, prosecutors courts et al.

So either Troll as Pete says or you have bigger issues in life

At least one of the women admitted that she made it up because she didn't want Roe v Wade to be overturned though 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

But the courts at many levels did not find their evidence compelling. Your beliefs are your own and no one can take those away from you.

But do you believe that the judiciary at all levels in the USA including Kavanaugh are wrong and also do you accept that it does matter what you believe as they well as Judge Dread says "I am the law"

Anyway back to your comparison of a guy who played the president asking the electoral college to do something, versus the actual president doing so along with a bunch of other great stuff, which you have ignored.

I believe the PA supreme court were wrong.  The US supreme court didn't do anything about it because of the principles of federalism, which I support

And anything which weakens the electoral college is unconstitutional, regardless of who proposes it

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

BTW, do you have a link for Trump's equivalent lobbying of the electoral college that isn't hidden behind a paywall?

No I have not, thought the ST people are discussing it and other issues at length, you could always pay

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

For me , it's never been about Left or Right. It's been about Trump, the man.

I truly hate him! He is evil personified as far as I'm concerned. I don't find him " entertaining" , he is the end of the world as we know it. I hope he ends up in jail for tax evasion, or taking bribes for granting pardons or whatever. I just want him gone.

So if that's the end. Cheers.😉👍

This is pretty much me. I find it scary that a fool can be left in charge of the worlds economy and that many arms.
I do find it interesting how much people invest in another countries politics, I may understand if you were an expat or had spent a lot of your life there but as far as I know jimbo  hasn’t even visited the US. 
That’s just a bit weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, roxii said:

This is pretty much me. I find it scary that a fool can be left in charge of the worlds economy and that many arms.
I do find it interesting how much people invest in another countries politics, I may understand if you were an expat or had spent a lot of your life there but as far as I know jimbo  hasn’t even visited the US. 
That’s just a bit weird. 

What I find interesting are the lengths that people will go to in order to justify hating someone they are never likely to meet

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

What I find interesting are the lengths that people will go to in order to justify hating someone they are never likely to meet

I don't need to "justify" hating Trump.

I don't "hate" Scomo, I just don't believe in the politics of his government.

I don't " love" Biden. But I hope he can dig the US out of the abyss that Trump has left him because the world needs the US to stop being so isolated if China is going to be reeled in.

I neither love nor hate you, and we are never likely to meet.😃

Trump has clearly demonstrated over the past month that ALL he cares about is his own absolute power. Corana virus...wtf is that, don't interrupt me while I'm talking about how I won my dictatorship for life ( "some call it an election.. but I don't believe in those... they're rigged.. I just call up my minion governors and tell them what the Electoral College needs to do.")

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

His attitude to women is an easy way to justify not liking him. . 
Would make it pretty hard for any decent thinking human to worship him. 

• Like 3

"What I find interesting are the lengths that people will go to in order to justify hating someone they are never likely to meet"

A few have said they don't like Trump. For most of us, whether it was Niseko, AP or a few others it was not their belief or what they liked, the behaviour is the issue.

Dismissal of facts, evidence, science.

Being contrary for the sake of it

Not accepting rule of law

Massive hubris

Anyhow, this has about one more month to play out and as observed above has been instructive to watch the lengths people will go to in defending a belief irrespective of the evidence or the actual rulings of courts.

27 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

We can only hope.  However one suspects it might drag on for a bit yet.

I’d sorta hope the mainstream media might just ignore him once February arrives.  

the clickbait ones will follow him, but I’d suspect the rest might just need a break from the constant lies and no answers. 

until of course he is charged with heap of things to try and get him and his family locked up. 

mind you, I believe you can still be president with a criminal record so he may just sit in jail for a short time and then get elected in 2024. Which if he runs, I believe he will win in a landslide. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I’d sorta hope the mainstream media might just ignore him once February arrives.  

the clickbait ones will follow him

Arn't they all click-bait media these days. 

The days of the true journalist are long gone. 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Which if he runs, I believe he will win in a landslide. 

Curious, why do you think that? He has just lost an election to Biden, who is not exactly inspiring. What do you think will make him attract more votes next time? Or do you think he will get the same number of votes and those who voted for Biden won't be stuffed showing up next time? 

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Curious, why do you think that? He has just lost an election to Biden, who is not exactly inspiring. What do you think will make him attract more votes next time? Or do you think he will get the same number of votes and those who voted for Biden won't be stuffed showing up next time? 

I have zero doubt his supporters would vote as many times as they could and to do exactly what they think the Democrats have done.  Which I’m sure some Democrats did, but not the 100,000 they think. 

and the ones that didn’t vote will also come out and vote. 

and I’d also think, that the people that don’t believe Biden would have done a good job will also swing back. 

the only votes trump will lose are the ones that think the vaccine is fake and die in the next 4 years 

On 13/12/2020 at 6:06 PM, IronJimbo said:

I believe the PA supreme court were wrong.  The US supreme court didn't do anything about it because of the principles of federalism, which I support

And anything which weakens the electoral college is unconstitutional, regardless of who proposes it

https://www.afr.com/world/north-america/electoral-college-votes-roll-in-for-biden-20201215-p56ngp

9 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/Stephen_Miller%3A_Alternate_Electors_to_Certify_Trump_Win_P7404643/

And actually sent alternate electors, question is why do people support those undermining democracy the rule of law and contest those who ensure the rule of law is followed?

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/electoral-college-vote-2020-biden-trump/index.html

Edited by BarryBevan
  • Like 1

Maybe

Trump go to Court?

Trump goes to jail?

Come 12:01 pm on 20 January 2021, Trump loses immunity and becomes fair game for prosecutors. Already, Cyrus Vance, Manhattan’s district attorney, is eagerly circling Trump and his business. As for the southern district of New York, they have already labeled Trump an unindicted co-conspirator.

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

So will Trump attend the inauguration  ceremony? Hasn’t been a outgoing Pres snub the ceremony since the mid 1800’s

Depends on whether he can get a tee-off time that coincides with the ceremony.

The only people that will be watching and attending a Trump rally on inauguration day wouldn't have any interest in the inauguration anyway.

45 minutes ago, CharlieB1981 said:

100% he will not attend, and you can count on him having a campaign rally on the same day to take some attention away from it as a form of protest. 

He might turn up to make it all about him. Or attempt too. 

58 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

How brave of you to direct a post to me after making sure I can't respond...

Now you are back how do you feel about those pesky Republicans wanting to shock horror object to the electoral college votes!! Which Dems have done as well.

Think of the founding fathers!!

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Now you are back how do you feel about those pesky Republicans wanting to shock horror object to the electoral college votes!! Which Dems have done as well.

Think of the founding fathers!!

I'm happy that Democrats once again support the electoral system

And attempted ridicule is still a particularly weak form of intellectual dishonesty 

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm happy that Democrats once again support the electoral system

And attempted ridicule is still a particularly weak form of intellectual dishonesty 

Oh dear, after the positions you have taken for a number of years, with levels of smugness not seen since Yo Yo went under 10 hours, lighten up.

This was hardly my taking an intentionally committed fallacy, it was me ridiculing the position taking a week or so ago by you around the electoral college.

It is part of the system to object and the Dems did make a number of objections, more to make a point than turn the result. Unlike now where the GOP are in large numbers attempting to use the archaic institution to subvert the will of the people.

Even now in the face of the side you appear to advocate for willfully not accepting the rule of law, acts as determined by the Judiciary and every other level of public official, a POTUS personally pressuring governors and electoral officials to change their results, you make it about the dems, rather than those who are actually undertaking the afore mentioned items.

50 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Oh dear, after the positions you have taken for a number of years, with levels of smugness not seen since Yo Yo went under 10 hours, lighten up.

This was hardly my taking an intentionally committed fallacy, it was me ridiculing the position taking a week or so ago by you around the electoral college.

It is part of the system to object and the Dems did make a number of objections, more to make a point than turn the result. Unlike now where the GOP are in large numbers attempting to use the archaic institution to subvert the will of the people.

Even now in the face of the side you appear to advocate for willfully not accepting the rule of law, acts as determined by the Judiciary and every other level of public official, a POTUS personally pressuring governors and electoral officials to change their results, you make it about the dems, rather than those who are actually undertaking the afore mentioned items.

False accusations of hypocrisy are an even weaker form of intellectual dishonesty 

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

False accusations of hypocrisy are an even weaker form of intellectual dishonesty 

They are most definitely  not false as you ignored the GOP plans for jan 6 which have been well publicized.

Look at you committing an intellectual fallacy by stating "it is good to see the democrats respecting the electoral college", or are you just/also being hypocritical?

how do you feel about https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-electoral-college/

And Trump pressuring officials and a Governor to not certify votes and ignore the will of the people, along with the GOP sending alternate electors on the electoral college voting day?

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

How brave of you to direct a post to me after making sure I can't respond...

I posted that before I gave u the time out. It wasn’t until later when several ppl reported your comments, I finally gave u a short time out.

A time out that was probably over due 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

They are most definitely  not false as you ignored the GOP plans for jan 6 which have been well publicized.

Look at you committing an intellectual fallacy by stating "it is good to see the democrats respecting the electoral college", or are you just/also being hypocritical?

how do you feel about https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-electoral-college/

And Trump pressuring officials and a Governor to not certify votes and ignore the will of the people, along with the GOP sending alternate electors on the electoral college voting day?

If anything unconstitutional is done, the originalists appointed to the Supreme Court should remedy it accordingly 

The fact remains that the only genuine opponents of the electoral college are the Democrats 

44 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I posted that before I gave u the time out. It wasn’t until later when several ppl reported your comments, I finally gave u a short time out.

A time out that was probably over due 

The decent thing to do would have been to at least let me know which post was egregious enough to warrant a 'short time out

Was it when I called Peter out for his blatant trolling? 

Or was it when I called Charlie a hypocrite after he tried to call me one? 

Or your comment regarding other members of the forum having a circle jerk.......

I’m not arguing with you. Other members thought it was inappropriate, tbh I also thought it was a bit off but I let it go. 

It was then reported by two other memebers (not Charlie or Peter)

25 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Or your comment regarding other members of the forum having a circle jerk.......

I’m not arguing with you. Other members thought it was inappropriate, tbh I also thought it was a bit off but I let it go. 

It was then reported by two other memebers (not Charlie or Peter)

I see

I shall henceforth do my best to not offend the forum snowflakes

Edited by IronJimbo
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

31 days until all your crying won’t matter. Not that it does now. 

It's an extraordinary level of crying for the head of state of a nation, person not from, never been and has no family or close friends.

Only out done by people being outraged about others getting upset about them running the wrong way around the run track, 3 years later, take that you F*&&*er running counter clockwise

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

It's an extraordinary level of crying for the head of state of a nation, person not from, never been and has no family or close friends.

Only out done by people being outraged about others getting upset about them running the wrong way around the run track, 3 years later, take that you F*&&*er running counter clockwise

Easily outdone by the four years of crying by the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself)

But don't let the facts get in the way

• Admino locked this topic