Trump is the President

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Dave T said:

I know I shouldn't play this game, but boy am I sick of this line.

Take this as a rebuttal. :P

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/arkansas-police-chief-lang-holland-resigns-parler-posts-threaten-democrats-2020-11

Come on Dave, it only says "Death to all Marxist Democrats. Take no prisoners leave no survivors", I mean, don't you think you are reading far too much into this! :)

Edited by PeterW
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying there was election fraud-I don't know and will leave that to the proper channels to investigate. But we should always have an open mind, especially when there is power and big dollars at stake. Governments deserve our mistrust and questioning of them.

This article relates to the covid crisis but can apply at a larger level

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/conspiracies-find-strength-when-foundations-are-shaken-20201111-p56dns.html

"The biggest problem in battling conspiracy theories is that some of them are correct. There are ample examples that governments and business often do manipulate and exploit the truth. There is a direct link between someone who thinks 5G spreads COVID and the failure so far to hold anyone to account for hotel quarantine or robodebt or paying 10 times too much for land near the new Sydney airport.

It is made easier to peddle a conspiracy theory when the lies about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction have never been dealt with. It is easy to believe that global Big Pharma withholds material that impacts our health when the scandals of Big Tobacco and asbestos are there for all to see.

If you want to nip the worst conspiracies in the bud you have to reassure the people that government is on their side. Political leaders need to govern knowing that each lie and every cover-up helps sow the seeds of their own demise."

Trumps lies may well have contributed to his demise-even if there was fraud people are not inclined to believe him.

Edited by more
  • Sad 1
47 minutes ago, more said:

I'm not saying there was election fraud-I don't know and will leave that to the proper channels to investigate. But we should always have an open mind, especially when there is power and big dollars at stake. Governments deserve our mistrust and questioning of them.

This article relates to the covid crisis but can apply at a larger level

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/conspiracies-find-strength-when-foundations-are-shaken-20201111-p56dns.html

"The biggest problem in battling conspiracy theories is that some of them are correct. There are ample examples that governments and business often do manipulate and exploit the truth. There is a direct link between someone who thinks 5G spreads COVID and the failure so far to hold anyone to account for hotel quarantine or robodebt or paying 10 times too much for land near the new Sydney airport.

It is made easier to peddle a conspiracy theory when the lies about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction have never been dealt with. It is easy to believe that global Big Pharma withholds material that impacts our health when the scandals of Big Tobacco and asbestos are there for all to see.

If you want to nip the worst conspiracies in the bud you have to reassure the people that government is on their side. Political leaders need to govern knowing that each lie and every cover-up helps sow the seeds of their own demise."

Trumps lies may well have contributed to his demise-even if there was fraud people are not inclined to believe him.

Well said, and sums up most political situations.

Here in NZ there are some instances of this from both major political parties and a lot from some of the minor ones.

The key is making the truth available and fast to minimize the damage from the conspiracy theories. 

30 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Fraud. Legal action has been instigated to unhide the posts

😁

pfft, that's nothing. The real problem is when more bundles of posts are "found"  and posted at 4am :D 

Edited by dazaau

Just met my first Trump refugee.

Young girl working in the Armidale Dan Murphy's from Virginia.  Left her parents there, moved to Oz, got all the right visas & work permits, said "when Trump was elected, I just had to leave to peace out" 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 11/11/2020 at 2:25 PM, PeterW said:

and I actually like guns which, given my middle-left leanings, might make me a bit odd.... 

That's really a bit wrong.

Now if you said you had a thing for "axes" I'd understand. 😉

images.jpeg

Edited by Dave T
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

That's really a bit wrong.

Now if you said you had a thing for "axes" I'd understand. 😉

images.jpeg

But Dave, I DO have a thing for axes - just not as neatly as you do....

image.thumb.png.cd7fddab44efc40daa992b5de20b06ad.png

..and yes I know they are only squiers, but in my defence the one on the left is a an original 1983 JV 62 Strat replica that is purported to be a pretty decent axe. The others are just shite.... :) 

Edited by PeterW
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, PeterW said:

But Dave, I DO have a thing for axes - just not as neatly as you do....

image.thumb.png.cd7fddab44efc40daa992b5de20b06ad.png

..and yes I know they are only squiers, but in my defence the one on the left is a an original 1983 JV 62 Strat replica that is purported to be a pretty decent axe. The others are just shite.... :) 

Some squirers are about ok. I actually have one but prefer to play my USA strats.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice Trump's hair today?  Looks like he's given up on the blond and decided to grow old gracefully?

Kidding, obviously.  But still curious.

ASSOCIATED PRESS                                 President Donald Trump speaks in the Rose Garden of the White House today.

Edited by -H-
1 hour ago, -H- said:

Did anyone notice Trump's hair today?  Looks like he's given up on the blond and decided to grow old gracefully?

Kidding, obviously.  But still curious.

ASSOCIATED PRESS                                 President Donald Trump speaks in the Rose Garden of the White House today.

I’ve never heard the words Trump and gracefully used in the same post before 🤔

• Haha 1

Cuomo doesn’t want the virus?

huh?

President Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. government would not deliver a coronavirus vaccine to New York if and when one is available.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo “will have to let us know when he’s ready for it because otherwise, we can’t be delivering it to a state that won’t be giving it to its people immediately,” Trump said during a press conference from the White House Rose Garden.

“He doesn’t trust where the vaccine is coming from,” Trump added. “These are coming from the greatest companies anywhere in the world, greatest labs in the world, but he doesn’t trust the fact that it’s this White House, this administration, so we won’t be delivering it to New York until we have authorization to do so, and that pains me to say that.”

15 hours ago, -H- said:

Yeah, the twitterverse has blown up about it too, one person even referred to the normal colour as "dog piss yellow" 🤣

So the republicans rigged the election and still lost.  haha

Georgia’s REPUBLICAN Secretary of State said Lindsey Graham pressured him to find ways to throw out legal ballots.

Edited by Peter

Whoopi Goldberg has told the Republicans to suck it up like they sucked it up 

So presumably this means three and a half years of investigations into Biden culminating in his impeachment 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Whoopi Goldberg has told the Republicans to suck it up like they sucked it up 

So presumably this means three and a half years of investigations into Biden culminating in his impeachment 

Last week you were quite confident in the substance of the  legal challenges, enough to make statements about the integrity of the process and that we should all hold our breath.

Has "Joe" Biden done anything that warrants investigation

59 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Last week you were quite confident in the substance of the  legal challenges, enough to make statements about the integrity of the process and that we should all hold our breath.

Has "Joe" Biden done anything that warrants investigation

I'm still curious about who 'the big guy' is

But you know as well as I do that Republicans are held to a much higher standard than Democrats 

Trumps strategy is to sack anyone who doesn’t agree with him in the hope that he’ll eventually have a whole bunch of yes men and women backing him. Appears he also wants to get his legal challenges knocked back so he can ultimately get them to the Supreme Court (which of course he’s also stacked in his favour). 

Donald Trump says he sacked a Homeland Security official who publicly refuted the president's unfounded claims about widespread election fraud.

"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud – including dead people voting, Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, 'glitches' in the voting machines which changed votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more." Trump tweeted on Tuesday night (Wednesday AEDT).

"Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."

Given the amount of sour grapes in the Trump camp, I cant believe that if there is anything incriminating in the Biden Jnr stuff that is hasn't been released already. 

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'm sure if you hunted around you can find a corresponding video showing showing the other side doing exactly the same thing

All this video proves is that the USA is in world of hurt and that its gonna take a long time to heal.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-18/us-election-wisconsin-pennsylvania-michigan-georgia-trump-biden/12895124?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf240104578&utm_campaign=fb_abc_news&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf240104578=1&fbclid=IwAR1NehhYQ4b-MROkLxIjrphcpROm5RjU-votrXw-Qo4lRT9jHWRJoSF7J9w

Wisconsin's recount will cost Trump $10 million

and

Georgia counties have uncovered troves of uncounted votes

A second Georgia county has uncovered votes not previously included in election results, but the additional votes won't change the overall outcome of the presidential race, the secretary of state's office said.

A memory card that hadn't been uploaded in Fayette County, just south of Atlanta, was discovered during a hand tally that was ordered as part of a statewide recount.

The memory card's 2,755 votes aren't enough to flip the lead from Mr Biden to Mr Trump.

States have until December 8 to settle any ongoing disputes about the election result.

Once that deadline has passed, each state's electors have a further six days to vote by paper ballot before Congress meets to count those electoral votes on January 6.

Once a candidate has received 270 or more electoral votes, the President of the Senate will officially announce the results.

The winning candidate will then be officially sworn in as president on Inauguration Day — January 20.

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

States have until December 8 to settle any ongoing disputes about the election result.

Once that deadline has passed, each state's electors have a further six days to vote by paper ballot before Congress meets to count those electoral votes on January 6.

Once a candidate has received 270 or more electoral votes, the President of the Senate will officially announce the results.

The winning candidate will then be officially sworn in as president on Inauguration Day — January 20.

That has been my theory the whole time.

Trump has zero intention of conceding ( obviously). He knows he's lost, but he's just waiting for December 8th to come and go.

( Mind you I can't find out if a FINAL Supreme Court decision, on any of his bogus lawsuits that may eventually make their way that far, has to be made by 8/12/20?? )

Then he can maintain his stance that he didn't lose 'cause it was rigged, and that the legal system is a "radical left" system set against him.

He'll have to walk away because he won't be able to force the Electoral College to illegally change their State's votes from Biden to him, and Biden will eventually be inaugurated in January next year.

But Trump will ALWAYS maintain that he actually won the "legal" votes and he is definitely NOT a "loser".

His base will keep drinking the cool-aid, and he will roll on and make a shitload more money in whatever new venture he goes into, because 71 million will continue to believe his every word.

Hope it doesn't get syndicated here  :lol: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-18/donald-trump-may-be-chasing-a-tv-gig-after-the-us-election/12887476

1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

I'm sure if you hunted around you can find a corresponding video showing showing the other side doing exactly the same thing

Happy for you to post it then

I watched 3 interviews with dead people, well Tucker Carlson claimed they were dead, Trump tweeted they were dead, and his lawyer told a court they were dead. Seems they’ve miraculously risen from the grave. I guess that’s what happens when you offer a $100,000 incentive for reporting voter fraud to the Trump legal team.

• Haha 1

Gotta love how Trump is pissed that the vaccine is being updated to 95% effective just days after the election, I’m sure if he had won he’d be holding press conferences claiming he was responsible for its speed and effectiveness. 
Poor Don. 
couple that with Rudy’s latest tv appearance and the wheels are really falling off. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Gotta love how Trump is pissed that the vaccine is being updated to 95% effective just days after the election, I’m sure if he had won he’d be holding press conferences claiming he was responsible for its speed and effectiveness. 
Poor Don. 
couple that with Rudy’s latest tv appearance and the wheels are really falling off. 

Perhaps Trump is more than a little curious about how it has been reported by the same people who previously ridiculed the idea that a vaccine could be developed as fast as it has

As I've said before, if Trump had found a cure for cancer people would complain about him putting oncologists out of work

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps Trump is more than a little curious about how it has been reported by the same people who previously ridiculed the idea that a vaccine could be developed as fast as it has

As I've said before, if Trump had found a cure for cancer people would complain about him putting oncologists out of work

It’s ok situation normal. 
just seen another interview and Trump now claiming the fact the vaccine is ready IS his doing. 
Thanks Donald.

Although the boffins did state that due to the USAs incredibly high infection rate they were able to verify more test participants had been exposed to the virus.

So kudos Donald.

• Haha 1