Jump to content

Trump is the President


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Be nice to have someone trying, instead of inflaming the situation. 

How many jobs did he create for black folk? Biden has been in politics what 40,50 years, 8 years as vice president and now has a turn as president, what more opportunities do you need to effect change, to actually make a difference?

I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses/silence though when nothing much changes.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, more said:

How many jobs did he create for black folk? Biden has been in politics what 40,50 years, 8 years as vice president and now has a turn as president, what more opportunities do you need to effect change, to actually make a difference?

I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses/silence though when nothing much changes.. 

https://www.thebalance.com/job-creation-by-president-by-number-and-percent-3863218

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Peter said:

Well simple health care was out of the reach of a majority of yanks 

as was housing. Food.  The list goes on.

 

165 million Americans had no healthcare, housing or food?

Come on Pete, even CNN would be embarrassed to post that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Under Trump African Americans experienced the lowest ever rate of unemployment and the lowest ever rate of poverty... 

Trump is a douche bag no doubt, but dont kid yourselves that if these numbers were achieved under a Dem government people would be throwing Rose petals and building statues in their honour... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, more said:

Under Trump African Americans experienced the lowest ever rate of unemployment and the lowest ever rate of poverty... 

Trump is a douche bag no doubt, but dont kid yourselves that if these numbers were achieved under a Dem government people would be throwing Rose petals and building statues in their honour... 

Possibly but never lose sight of the fact that if Trump did do this (and frankly I don't care if he did or didn't), its principal motivating factor probably wasn't for the benefit of the under privileged black population.    

From what I've seen of the man over the past 7 or so years has led me to believe that Donald Trump doesn't do anything unless it benefits Donald Trump first and foremost.  Now, for one of the few times in his life, he's been told that he can't have something and he doesn't like it.  Personally, I've seen 3 year olds act with more maturity than Trump has over the past 4 or 5 days.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, more said:

Under Trump African Americans experienced the lowest ever rate of unemployment and the lowest ever rate of poverty... 

Trump is a douche bag no doubt, but dont kid yourselves that if these numbers were achieved under a Dem government people would be throwing Rose petals and building statues in their honour... 

The data supports your point. It also supports the excellent trends provided by Obama.

Now, what happened to the left getting a nasty surprise from the silent Trump supporters and woke leftists getting egg on faces.

Andrew Bolt was gloating on election day

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Possibly but never lose sight of the fact that if Trump did do this (and frankly I don't care if he did or didn't), its principal motivating factor probably wasn't for the benefit of the under privileged black population.    

From what I've seen of the man over the past 7 or so years has led me to believe that Donald Trump doesn't do anything unless it benefits Donald Trump first and foremost. 

 

Which explains why he donated his presidential salary 

Only, it doesn't really...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, more said:

Biden has been in politics what 40,50 years, 8 years as vice president and now has a turn as president, what more opportunities do you need to effect change, to actually make a difference?

I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses/silence though when nothing much changes.. 

With the Republicans controlling the Senate like when he was VP under Obama,  reality is his hands will be tied even before he can move into the Whitehouse...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The data supports your point. It also supports the excellent trends provided by Obama.

Now, what happened to the left getting a nasty surprise from the silent Trump supporters and woke leftists getting egg on faces.

Andrew Bolt was gloating on election day

Lol so no matter what happened it was Trumps fault, economy booms its because of Obama, economy fails its because of Trump... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Which explains why he donated his presidential salary 

Only, it doesn't really...

Of course it does.  Donald Trump doesn't do anything unless its for Donald Trump first and foremost.  Donating his salary was all for the "look at me I'm a great man" narrative that he continually goes on about.  Given that his wealth is estimated at $2+Billion, he didn't need the money so at $399,999pa it was cheap publicity to bolster his image.  The fact that all donations went to various government agencies rather than genuine charities gives support to the theory.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, more said:

Lol so no matter what happened it was Trumps fault, economy booms its because of Obama, economy fails its because of Trump... 

Sigh even after this, that's what you said, not what I said.

I said:

The data supports your point. It also supports the excellent trends provided by Obama.

Your point is supported by the data ...Trump did well for that group...I added to that with evidence that Obama established a solid platform and trend for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dalai said:

With the Republicans controlling the Senate like when he was VP under Obama,  reality is his hands will be tied even before he can move into the Whitehouse...

So he won't be responsible for anything over the next 4 years. Awesome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, more said:

So he won't be responsible for anything over the next 4 years. Awesome. 

Unfortunately for eight years under President Obama, the Senate, lead by Republican Mitch McConnell, fought against every piece of legislation the president tried to enact. 

The Republicans had a majority in both the House and the Senate for the first two years of Trump’s presidency, and the only meaningful law passed has been the reverse-Robin Hood tax law that robbed from the middle class and poor and gave to rich people and corporations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Sigh even after this, that's what you said, not what I said.

I said:

The data supports your point. It also supports the excellent trends provided by Obama.

Your point is supported by the data ...Trump did well for that group...I added to that with evidence that Obama established a solid platform and trend for that.

Sigh indeed... I still stand by my view that the best way to help people out of poverty is to actually give them a job. Under Trump he gave them the lowest rate of unemployment and the lowest rate of poverty ever-I think think this action speaks a lot more than many many other politicians words. 

The fact is there are millions of people out there who just don't give a shit about politics and what they say. They are all liars, all scumbags to a certain degree. Trump left little to doubt in that department. But what people really care about is being able to put food on the table and under Trump many had that opportunity. 

Hence why he very nearly was re elected. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, more said:

Sigh indeed... I still stand by my view that the best way to help people out of poverty is to actually give them a job. Under Trump he gave them the lowest rate of unemployment and the lowest rate of poverty ever-I think think this action speaks a lot more than many many other politicians words. 

The fact is there are millions of people out there who just don't give a shit about politics and what they say. They are all liars, all scumbags to a certain degree. Trump left little to doubt in that department. But what people really care about is being able to put food on the table and under Trump many had that opportunity. 

Hence why he very nearly was re elected. 

 

Yes and to pay them a reasonable wage and yes Trump got people into work, I agreed with you. We should be giving people jobs and the enterprising private sector should be hoovering up all that almost no cost debt and driving the economy!! in all nations

If he had managed the pandemic at all, which would have seen less impact on the economy as a result he would have been returned.

Anyhow there are a couple more months to go of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dalai said:

With the Republicans controlling the Senate like when he was VP under Obama,  reality is his hands will be tied even before he can move into the Whitehouse...

Another false claim from Biden in the debates

Obama had the house and senate for the first two years of his presidency, which is how he rammed through Obamacare 

Which cost him dearly in the 2020 midterms

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Of course it does.  Donald Trump doesn't do anything unless its for Donald Trump first and foremost.  Donating his salary was all for the "look at me I'm a great man" narrative that he continually goes on about.  Given that his wealth is estimated at $2+Billion, he didn't need the money so at $399,999pa it was cheap publicity to bolster his image.  The fact that all donations went to various government agencies rather than genuine charities gives support to the theory.

 

I see

So Trump is such an evil bastard, even when he manages to fluke something good, it was by accident 

Hate really did win, didn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Peter said:

So are you saying he helped reduce the amount of people staving?

helped people get better cheaper healthcare?

I'm saying your claim that half the country was homeless and starving is preposterous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Which explains why he donated his presidential salary 

Only, it doesn't really...

It cost the US taxpayer almost as much as Trump’s presidential salary every Saturday when he flew to Florida for a round of golf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I see

So Trump is such an evil bastard, even when he manages to fluke something good, it was by accident 

Hate really did win, didn't it?

Donald Trump doesn't do anything unless its for Donald Trump first and foremost.  

Nothing flukey about it.  Its was a deliberate act to get a specific result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm saying your claim that half the country was homeless and starving is preposterous 

Sorry. America had a lot of homeless and starving when he said he would make America great again 

I would think fixing that would go a long way to making America great again. 
 

yet he didn’t help. If at all. 
 

so when you claim Biden won’t fix anything, neither did trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump has started making the claim that his administration has done more for African Americans than “any president since Abraham Lincoln,” which The Washington Post Fact Checker gave Four Pinocchios. A key part of Trump’s argument is the Black unemployment rate, which hit the lowest level ever recorded — 5.4 percent — in August 2019. (The Labor Department began tracking the Black rate in 1972).

When Trump took office, Black unemployment was 7.5 percent. Many of the job gains under Trump did go to Black and Hispanic workers, especially women. As the labor market tightened, many employers gave a chance to workers they were not looking at before, such as those without college degrees. The pandemic, however, has hit Black and Hispanic workers the hardest, erasing many of the gains it took years to see after the Great Recession. In August, the Black unemployment rate was 13 percent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole conversation really is an epic waste of time. No matter what one side say the other will always have a what about. 

The interesting observation for me though is its quite clear if the parties were reversed so would be the arguments. 

Now that Biden has taken over a poor economy will be blamed on Trump, any deterioration in Covid will be inherited from Trump, any improvement in Covid or the economy will be thanks to Biden. 

It is really quite funny.. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, more said:

This whole conversation really is an epic waste of time. No matter what one side say the other will always have a what about. 

The interesting observation for me though is its quite clear if the parties were reversed so would be the arguments. 

Now that Biden has taken over a poor economy will be blamed on Trump, any deterioration in Covid will be inherited from Trump, any improvement in Covid or the economy will be thanks to Biden. 

It is really quite funny.. 

No it's sad. These people are meant to be running the county to benefit their people. Not carry on like children.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, more said:

This whole conversation really is an epic waste of time. No matter what one side say the other will always have a what about. 

The interesting observation for me though is its quite clear if the parties were reversed so would be the arguments. 

Now that Biden has taken over a poor economy will be blamed on Trump, any deterioration in Covid will be inherited from Trump, any improvement in Covid or the economy will be thanks to Biden. 

It is really quite funny.. 

I agreed and supported one of your points. I suppose this is technically a what about

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I agreed and supported one of your points. I suppose this is technically a what about

I'm not just talking about you, I'm talking about politics in general. 

Take for example this whole BLM thing with black people getting shot, somehow Trump got blamed for this even though it happened predominantly in Dem states. 

Now flip it, imagine the narrative if the black people were being shot in GOP states. The narrative would almost certainly be red neck racist Trump supporting cops murdering black people. 

And this is the part I love looking at. I couldn't give a shit about Biden or Trump, but the spin and rubbish people lap up is fascinating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

No it's sad. These people are meant to be running the county to benefit their people. Not carry on like children.

Yes it is sad, and it's sad that the Dems thought the very best person they could offer wouldn't be deemed fit to run just about any private sector company. 

Remember, politics isn't a team support. They all deserve our absolute highest level of scrutiny. 

Edited by more
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roxii said:

Rudy latest statement shows the general disdain for the voting public. 

"Don't be ridiculous, networks don't get to decide elections. Courts do."

 

That's assuming everything is above board. A very dangerous precedent to let the media dictate the result of an election over due process. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, roxii said:

Rudy latest statement shows the general disdain for the voting public. 

"Don't be ridiculous, networks don't get to decide elections. Courts do."

 

 

7 minutes ago, more said:

That's assuming everything is above board. A very dangerous precedent to let the media dictate the result of an election over due process. 

Err. The people voting decide.  
 

if its the Courts, you wouldn’t bother with polls or the actual election 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Trump did manage to get more dis-interested Yanks to vote than ever before however.

True

Unfortunately Biden managed to get even more hate-filled yanks to vote than ever before

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

True

Unfortunately Biden managed to get even more hate-filled yanks to vote than ever before

Think you need to add a bit of sugar to balance out the bitterness mate. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

 

Err. The people voting decide.  
 

if its the Courts, you wouldn’t bother with polls or the actual election 

No, the courts decide if there has been foul play that deserve further investigation and/or invalidate any result due to fraud. 

If there is nothing there the cases will get thrown out quick smart. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roxii said:

Think you need to add a bit of sugar to balance out the bitterness mate. 

No bitterness.  As I've been saying, the future for the conservative side of politics is quite bright

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Unfortunately Biden managed to get even more hate-filled yanks to vote than ever before

Please take off your red coloured glasses for a moment. Both sides brought out the worse in voters! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Please take off your red coloured glasses for a moment. Both sides brought out the worse in voters! 

And this is the most infuriating thing, why is it so hard to put up a normal, half decent person?? 

Edited by more
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admino locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...