Trump is the President

Hmmmm...

"U.S. media reports suggest a software issue is holding up the counting in Georgia -- the outcome of which could have a major impact on who wins the White House. The New York Times estimates 130,000 votes for Biden in the state remain uncounted."

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

The more I learn about the US political system the less I like it. 
A system where it is not compulsory to vote then actively tries to discourage or exclude voters casting votes, then tries to disallow votes legitimately lodged, or trying to bar votes where people have been unable to lodge votes in time due to the inadequacy of the polling places, then casts doubt on its own electoral system.

Im not saying all these occurred this time or it is all Tump but holy crap surely democracy should be about giving everyone the chance to vote. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, more said:

Hmmmm...

"U.S. media reports suggest a software issue is holding up the counting in Georgia -- the outcome of which could have a major impact on who wins the White House. The New York Times estimates 130,000 votes for Biden in the state remain uncounted."

The Georgia where Biden is trailing by 103000?

How convenient...

Edited by IronJimbo
39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Okay. Bookies officially have no idea. 

11FF7829-1836-4EA6-A91B-818FDC94D0CB.jpeg

If punters were paying attention and took a punt on Trump before today - there were many opportunities today to place bets on Biden such that it didn't matter who won you would be guaranteed a pay day!

I see trump has lodged several court cases.  

part of me wants him to get in. 

If he misses out he will bag Biden for 4 years and run again. 

if he wins he will just bag him in 4 years when he can no longer be president.  

but going to court is possibly the lamest thing he’s done.  

I just want Trump to take out Nevada so I can win some money. So close...

"Nevada: Biden had been expected to take this but it is close. With 86 percent counted, Biden had 49.3 percent to 48.7 for Trump, according to AP. State officials said Wednesday that further results would not be known until Thursday."

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Serious.  I thought it was excellent. 

I haven't seen it, you can just never tell with these two guys..

Isn't it crazy a country with 300 million odd people can have an election come down to thousands of votes..

Again totally as predicted. 

Talk about hypocritical. 

Falsely claims he's "won" ( when the counting hasn't finished).

Applies to the courts to STOP COUNTING because it's not going his way.

And he claims the Election is rigged and being stolen from HIM !  WTF? The man is deranged.:lol:

Biden will win Round 1 when the counting is finished.

Whether he will be President is still up in the air because the Supreme Court may get the deciding "vote".

But Trump can't just take it straight to the Supreme Court. First there has to be EVIDENCE of fraud. Then there needs to be a ruling by the relevant State's legal system. If he loses that he would appeal via the Federal judicial system, and if he loses that he would get to appeal to the Supreme Court. 

• Like 1

Prediction 

the minute trump walks out of the White House he will be charged on tax fraud and other things and he knows it. 
hence why he will fight so hard to drag it out. 

Just now, Peter said:

Prediction 

the minute trump walks out of the White House he will be charged on tax fraud and other things and he knows it. 
hence why he will fight so hard to drag it out. 

Maybe his last resort will be to give Joe a call and ask him to sign off on a pardon???

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Maybe his last resort will be to give Joe a call and ask him to sign off on a pardon???

Joe would probably do it with an agreement to delete his twitter account. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, roxii said:

The more I learn about the US political system the less I like it. 
A system where it is not compulsory to vote then actively tries to discourage or exclude voters casting votes, then tries to disallow votes legitimately lodged, or trying to bar votes where people have been unable to lodge votes in time due to the inadequacy of the polling places, then casts doubt on its own electoral system.

Im not saying all these occurred this time or it is all Tump but holy crap surely democracy should be about giving everyone the chance to vote. 

Don't forget differences between states about how ballots are filled out, and also some states where if the margin is small, you can call for a recount.

As for legitimately lodged, remember the hanging chad?

• Like 1
Just now, roxii said:

In history, will Trump go down as the second person of colour to be President?      :lol: 

Haha not sure, but he will be only the 4th president ever to be voted out

Pretty much sums it up...vote for who you hate the least...

“We don’t like either candidate — I shamefully voted for Biden — but if Trump gets another four years people will be mad,” said one 20-year-old protester, who asked to be called “L,” as two American flags were ignited in front of the building. “It is like picking between two evils but honestly, we’ll settle with Biden,” said fellow leader “D.D.,” aged 22."

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

After just seeing Rudy talk, I think he is more crazy than trump.  

Yeah putting it out there for a NATIONAL recount?

At this point in time the margins aren't close enough to call for a recount in Michigan or Wisconsin.

If Biden wins Nevada ( possible ), Arizona (probable) and Georgia ( I believe likely, since most of the outstanding votes are mail in from urban Atlanta ) then Pennsylvania may not even matter.

Ill just take this moment to reflect and say:

I love Australia

I love Medicare

I love our gun laws

I love our voting system

and today I hate our politicians just a little less. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Eric Trump just claimed victory in Pennsylvania. Twitter shut him down.

Rudy claims Republican observers denied access, and therefore "Joe Biden could have voted 50,000 times himself" and screams fraud.

The best soap opera on TV. Bold and the Beautiful eat you heart out.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Rudy claims Republican observers denied access, and therefore "Joe Biden could have voted 50,000 times himself" and screams fraud.

The best soap opera on TV. Bold and the Beautiful eat you heart out.

They were allowed there, they just couldnt stand next to the people opening the letters.

The funny one is CNN claiming more people voted than enrolled in a state I've forgotten now.

Yet the election team tweeted that it was a lie and that 3.6 million were enrolled 2 days before the election and only 2.8 million voted (or some number like that)

But Rudy who I considered to be an amazing man for what he did with New York when he was Mayor, is destroying his legacy now with straight out crazy talk

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, more said:

If Trump only went 50% retard he would have romped it home... You never go full retard... 

As I've been saying since 2016, all either side had to do to romp home in 2020 was not be insane.  And neither side could do it

As it stands, if both candidates hold the leads they have in the states they're leading, Biden wins 270-268.  The closest state is currently Nevada, where Biden leads by about 7,600 with 290,000 still to count.  Far from the blowout the pollsters predicted

The most crucial result from yesterday was in the senate though.  As funny as it was to see the dems and grifters like the Lincoln Project blow hundreds of millions of dollars trying to oust the likes of Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, it looks like there will be no net change in the senate numbers.  Which means no supreme court packing, and no new states to lock in perpetual control of the senate 

Regardless of which way Nevada goes, conservatives can look ahead to 2024 with a fair bit of optimism because Trump's personality will be on the ballot.  Yes, the media will still hate whoever the Republicans nominate, but for it to be this close despite the est efforts of the media, big tech and Hollywood shows that the public are pretty happy with Trump's results

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, roxii said:

Ill just take this moment to reflect and say:

I love Australia

I love Medicare

I love our gun laws

I love our voting system

and today I hate our politicians just a little less. 

Amen Brother!

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Eric Trump just claimed victory in Pennsylvania. Twitter shut him down.

OH GODDAMIT I just read that in the Eric Trump voice from Our Cartoon President. 🤣

364j2q.jpg.c45d25c871d4ef0a6856e9c06feb7723.jpg

Edited by MissJess
16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The most crucial result from yesterday was in the senate though.  As funny as it was to see the dems and grifters like the Lincoln Project blow hundreds of millions of dollars trying to oust the likes of Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, it looks like there will be no net change in the senate numbers.  Which means no supreme court packing, and no new states to lock in perpetual control of the senate 

Regardless of which way Nevada goes, conservatives can look ahead to 2024 with a fair bit of optimism because Trump's personality will be on the ballot.  Yes, the media will still hate whoever the Republicans nominate, but for it to be this close despite the est efforts of the media, big tech and Hollywood shows that the public are pretty happy with Trump's results

Yeah the money spent by Bloomberg et al and the Lincoln Project appears to have been a complete fail.

Did you mean to say "because Trump's personality will NOT be on the ballot"? ( genuine question)

Also, I don't really think the hate from the media is a generic "Conservative" thing. Yeah, they hate Trump, but once he's out of the picture I think a more balanced agenda will return.

I also think that if Biden gets in, then Mitch McConnell will "work with him" to try and bridge some of the division that Trump has pushed. McConnell does come across as a "patriot of the US", above and beyond blue vs red.

Pennsylvania's Attorney General just outlined mail in ballot process.

Voter's needed to apply for mail-in ballot.

All signatures and ID needs to match existing records. Witnesses from each Party are in the room when ballots are opened. The counting process has been livestreamed from the start.

"It would not be possible to find 100,000 'fake ballots' in the backroom, because all ID would still need to match up"

Even if the machine cannot read a ballot because the voter used a red pen instead of the preferred black pen, they are read manually.

They have till Friday to count all votes post marked 3rd Nov.

Short of bribing the judges, Trump's fraud claims look like being thrown out pretty quickly. :lol:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Also, I don't really think the hate from the media is a generic "Conservative" thing. Yeah, they hate Trump, but once he's out of the picture I think a more balanced agenda will return.

They hated him because he called them out on the BS time and time again-the fake news was real in many instances...but would then give them free passes to absolute anahilate him by saying the most stupid things. If Trump had a bit more of a filter he would have been a truly great president.

You need to bare in mind he isn't a politician, so hasn't mastered the art of spin. Heck even look at Bidens speech this morning, he was basically saying he had won, but in a polished way that made him look good. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah the money spent by Bloomberg et al and the Lincoln Project appears to have been a complete fail.

Did you mean to say "because Trump's personality will NOT be on the ballot"? ( genuine question)

I also think that if Biden gets in, then Mitch McConnell will "work with him" to try and bridge some of the division that Trump has pushed. McConnell does come across as a "patriot of the US", above and beyond blue vs red.

Yes, Trump's personality was the deciding factor as shown by the majority of Biden voters admitting that they are voting against Trump, not for Biden

And the media's hatred of Republicans and conservatism generally is nothing new.  The same media figures who lauded John McCain and Mitt Romney these days were the same figures who were happy to call McCain a racist back in 2008, and suggest that Romney was a racist, sexist monster back in 2012

If Trump does lose, his most important legacy to the Republicans should be to fight back against the media.  They are card-carrying Democrats who will always hate them regardless of what they do or say, so keep calling them on it

And McConnell is definitely MVP as far as this election cycle is concerned.  Two branches government were in danger of being torn down, and for Republicans to   uck the trend and hold their senate majority is an outstanding and critical result

Edited by IronJimbo