Trump is the President

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, more said:

Interesting...

You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook” -President Harry  Truman 1954 : libertarianmeme

It's somewhat disingenuous of Fox to use released tax returns to show the Biden's are trying to hide something while the Donald just refuses.  

I still can't believe that out of hundreds of millions of people this is the best the democrats could do. The republicans were stuck with Trump I suppose but I would have liked to have seen them run a genuine alternative in their primary process. I am sure some of the establishment in the republican party are hoping their Trump nightmare ends in 8 days. It must have been a very long hard 4 years for many of them.

Just now, dazaau said:

It's somewhat disingenuous of Fox to use released tax returns to show the Biden's are trying to hide something while the Donald just refuses.  

I still can't believe that out of hundreds of millions of people this is the best the democrats could do. The republicans were stuck with Trump I suppose but I would have liked to have seen them run a genuine alternative in their primary process. I am sure some of the establishment in the republican party are hoping their Trump nightmare ends in 8 days. It must have been a very long hard 4 years for many of them.

Yes and no. I agree Trump should release his tax returns. But that shouldn't mean we ignore all other politicians finances as a result.  Gullible would be an understatement if people think those paying thousands, hundreds of thousands to attend a speaking event aren't repaying a favour or expecting a favour in return...

Again I will stand by my previous claims they are all liars and all corrupt.

2 hours ago, roxii said:

So once again the poor people of the US are to decide between someone who says stupid stuff accidentally and someone who says stupid stuff on purpose.  :sadwalk:

So is this intentionally stupid, accidentally stupid or just bald faced lying. With Trump it's hard to tell at times?

2 hours ago, more said:

Yes and no. I agree Trump should release his tax returns. But that shouldn't mean we ignore all other politicians finances as a result.  Gullible would be an understatement if people think those paying thousands, hundreds of thousands to attend a speaking event aren't repaying a favour or expecting a favour in return...

Again I will stand by my previous claims they are all liars and all corrupt.

As an outsider it seems the the US seem to have made it impossible for all but the obscenely rich and or famous to run for this level of office any more.  Most people who have got to that level and would be looking at politics would no doubt fit into one of the categories or cheat, liar or tax dodger if not all. Unless there is some sort of reset, I cant see that improving anytime soon. 

• Like 1

When even man, woman and child has something like 3 guns how many more could you possibly need???

"Left, right, black, white: Americans are frantically buying assault rifles, body armour and ammunition. All are flying out the door as fearful US citizens prepare for the worst even as they hope for the best."

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/alarming-rise-in-gun-and-ammo-sales-ahead-of-us-election/news-story/366335145a6a80d520c5446858bfffa9

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, more said:

When even man, woman and child has something like 3 guns how many more could you possibly need???

"Left, right, black, white: Americans are frantically buying assault rifles, body armour and ammunition. All are flying out the door as fearful US citizens prepare for the worst even as they hope for the best."

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/alarming-rise-in-gun-and-ammo-sales-ahead-of-us-election/news-story/366335145a6a80d520c5446858bfffa9

Scary thought for sure.

“If I dial 911, I’m not going to get the police officer,” Texas gunshop owner Michael Cargill explained his customers’ reasoning to Politico, “I’m going to have to be my own first responder. I’m going to have to get a gun.”

6 hours ago, roxii said:

So once again the poor people of the US are to decide between someone who says stupid stuff accidentally and someone who says stupid stuff on purpose.  :sadwalk:

No different to what happens here.

Just now, -- AJ -- said:

Just now, -- AJ -- said:

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

The irony of a triple post by a Queenslander on how stupid Americans are!

The above was a joke and i hope it is taken that way (kiwi may not understand Australians humour or lack of at times)

• Haha 1
Just now, rory-dognz said:

The irony of a triple post by a Queenslander on how stupid Americans are!

The above was a joke and i hope it is taken that way (kiwi may not understand Australians humour or lack of at times)

No offence taken.  Its what I deserve for trying to do 3 things at once and not realising that I wasn't on the last page of the thread.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, more said:

The put a halt on firearm sales in Victoria in March - but given it takes around  6 months* for a first-time firearm owner (years for handguns) to actually get a gun it was probably a bit over the top. Although, the applications apparently doubled so there must have been a similar sentiment to the US. Victoria lifted the  ban not too long after. Imagine "banning firearm sales" in the US!!  Now that would start some kind of revolution!!

*And even that is only with the necessary checks, sit an exam and you need a valid reason that is commensurate with the type of firearm purchased. Not that there are many types of firearms you can actually purchase in Australia anyway.  (and I like it that way :))

Edited by PeterW
  • Like 1

FYI. I have had a couple of reports on this thread. I’m extremely busy ATM with work & don’t have time to deal with childish behavior. I also have limited internet access. 
If it continues, I’ll lock the thread till next week when I’m back in the office.

53 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

FYI. I have had a couple of reports on this thread. I’m extremely busy ATM with work & don’t have time to deal with childish behavior. I also have limited internet access. 
If it continues, I’ll lock the thread till next week when I’m back in the office.

Really?  

I thought it had been pretty good. 

Guest Jim Shortz
1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Didn't know you were running for office??... LOL 

#maketranniesgreatagain

#B@W24 

58 minutes ago, Peter said:

Really?  

Me too.

With the election only a week away, personally I would be disappointed to see the thread locked .

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Peter said:

Really?  

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Me too.

Me three. But then maybe I missed something and the naughty posts have already been deleted.

If that's what it takes, so be it.

Edited by Turts

Would be interested to know what the record is for voter turnouts. Could be broken based on the passion BOTH sides have.

EDIT: 130 million in 2016 was about 54% of eligible, and they predict 150 million in 2020 which would be 65% !!!!

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Voter remorse appears to have spiked following the second debate 

Perhaps the record early voting numbers may not give the dems as much of a head start after all

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/can-i-change-my-vote-trends-google-what-you-need-to-know

Geez, how can a Federal election, have state by state rules. What a shitfight. 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Would be interested to know what the record is for voter turnouts. Could be broken based on the passion BOTH sides have.

EDIT: 130 million in 2016 was about 54% of eligible, and they predict 150 million in 2020 which would be 65% !!!!

An interesting observation by Joe Hockey the other night - given the expected turnout both candidates are likely to break the record for most votes received 

So whoever loses will have more votes than when Reagan won 49 states in 1984

• Like 1

So what is the driver behind Trump trying to undermine the postal vote system, saying things like he doesn't trust it, or that vote counting should stop on election day?  

Was it Hillary or Michelle Obama who said 'when they go low we go high'? 

What an absolute cesspit US politics is, what hope are there for the kids with role models like this.. The Dems golden girl had this to say recently 

"That clearly riled Ms Ocasio-Cortez up.

“These are the same people saying that we can’t have tuition-free public colleges because there’s no money,” she said.

“When these motherf***ers are only paying $750 a year in taxes.”

Yep, that’s a Congresswoman calling the sitting US President a “motherf***er”. We live in interesting times."

And again this is the problem, people act as is Trump is so bad with the things he says (which is true) but how do they expect people to care or see a point of difference when they talk like this?? 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

So what is the driver behind Trump trying to undermine the postal vote system, saying things like he doesn't trust it, or that vote counting should stop on election day?  

i believe the postal votes have always favoured the democrats for some reason. 

1 hour ago, CharlieB1981 said:

Absolutely outrageous. 

I agree. Some people here get pretty upset when they are called a troll or a joke is made about triathletes having spaghetti arms (actually I was called a troll for making a joke about spaghetti arms lol) ... Imagine the outrage if they were called a muther ****er... That's the example they are setting..

Seems people expect a higher standard from randoms on a chat site than they do of their elected representatives.. In a foreign country 

Edited by more
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, CharlieB1981 said:

The less people vote, the more likely it is for a Republican to get elected. 

So why is that?  (serious question) 

1 hour ago, CharlieB1981 said:

The less people vote, the more likely it is for a Republican to get elected. That’s the whole point of making it harder for people to vote, and that includes undermining post office services in general. 

37 minutes ago, roxii said:

So why is that?  (serious question) 

24 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

From the article

approximately 0.7%. But the difference was so small that the margin of statistical error means it’s possible there was no effect at all, Holbein says. “There might be a teensy, tiny effect on Democratic turnout.”

The amount of media suppression and now outright criminal efforts to hide Biden’s dealings is truly amazing... And people are worried about Trump? 

Edited by more
1 hour ago, more said:

The amount of media suppression and now outright criminal efforts to hide Biden’s dealings is truly amazing... And people are worried about Trump? 

The dog ate my homework 🤣

Edited by CharlieB1981
2 hours ago, more said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/breaking-exclusive-hunter-biden-pictures-half-naked-exposed-certain-minor-joe-biden-lying/

So there is daming proof about Hunter and yet the MSM are silent. Does anyone believe they would not be reporting this if it was Don Jnr?? 

Do you honestly believe that’s true More?

Your source also claimed Obama has never been a US citizen and Biden ordered the assignation of the Seal team that got Binlardin.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

I had heard he had divorced his wife, left his kids and moved to Japan to work on a fishing boat. This is unconfirmed though. 

Wow.  I just heard he changed his name after some time in hiding.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wow.  I just heard he changed his name after some time in hiding.

Good to see this thread following on from the theme of spreading "misinformation".:ninja:

Was your source credible?

( Said with a tongue firmly planted in cheek. :lol:

PS I have NFI where he's gone.)

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

PS I have NFI where he's gone.)

Ill take a stab and say he got the shits with some of the behaviour of late and walked.  Think it was the Melb/ Covid stuff.  Another loss for the forum. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Do you honestly believe that’s true More?

Your source also claimed Obama has never been a US citizen and Biden ordered the assignation of the Seal team that got Binlardin.

Do I believe what's true? There are photos easily found of Hunter smoking a crack pipe and whilst I haven't searched for them there are pics of him naked with a underage girl. 

As for corruption, well again Hunter was a crack addict so I don't have many doubts he would use his position and name to sell access to his father. Again there are recorded phone calls of all of this. 

The question I guess is to what degree daddy Joe was involved..? 

4 minutes ago, more said:

The question I guess is to what degree daddy Joe was involved..?

To paraphrase a common saying:   Theres 3 sides to every story - A Trump version, a Biden version and the truth.

• Haha 1