Trump is the President

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Interesting how Facebook and Twitter have both banned any talk of Biden's son and his laptop...but of course I'm sure the same would occur if Trump Jnr had a laptop with questionable info on it...

Edited by more
39 minutes ago, more said:

Interesting how Facebook and Twitter have both banned any talk of Biden's son and his laptop...but of course I'm sure the same would occur if Trump Jnr had a laptop with questionable info on it...

Its very disturbing they can get away with this.

I really hope trump wins and then smashes Twitter and FB with so many new laws.

I had my account blocked for 24 hours on twitter for replying to a comment that of a guy that got attacked by a magpie, that they should shoot the magpie.

You can't say the word shoot on twitter.

My grandfather would be stuffed.  He used to say shoot all the time as his go to swear word.

48 minutes ago, more said:

Interesting how Facebook and Twitter have both banned any talk of Biden's son and his laptop...but of course I'm sure the same would occur is Trump Jnr had a laptop with questionable info on it...

Also interesting that the #fakenews media are trying to question the legitimacy of the story because they think the emails were hacked.  Like Trump's fake tax returns, which they were happy to publish

It's also noteworthy that nobody from Biden's camp has questioned the authenticity of the emails themselves, and the recipient of the key emails has confirmed their authenticity, but the story is still supressed under the guise of questions about authenticity 

Meanwhile it is taken as fact that Trump called war vets suckers and losers based on 'anonymous sources' despite pretty much evryone who was present at the time going on the record saying it didn't happen 

There are a lot of peope who won't mind about any of this though, because the press are on their side.  'Whatever it takes' as Richo used to say

As Reagan famously noted though, freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Peter said:

Its very disturbing they can get away with this.

I really hope trump wins and then smashes Twitter and FB with so many new laws.

They  don't need new laws.  They just need to enforce the existing ones properly 

26 minutes ago, Peter said:

My grandfather would be stuffed.  He used to say shoot all the time as his go to swear word.

'Heck' is where you go if you don't believe in 'Gosh' 😄

Edited by IronJimbo

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/19/presidential-debate-commission-adopts-rules-to-mute-microphones

“President Trump is committed to debating Joe Biden regardless of last-minute rule changes from the biased commission in their latest attempt to provide advantage to their favored candidate,” campaign manager Bill Stepien said.

The CPD is a non-profit, non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization and has sponsored and produced all presidential and vice presidential debates since 1987, the year it was established. But of course, the GOP will scream bias/fake news at every opportunity they can get if things aren't exactly what THEY want.

Can't wait to see The Donald's lips moving but nobody can hear the rubbish he's saying. Orange -face might go a little red. :lol:

I always thought CNN were a pack of wankers...

CNN star legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin was suspended by one of his employers, The New Yorker, on Monday amid claims he was caught masturbating during a Zoom call with colleagues. While the prestigious magazine took action, another Toobin employer, CNN, instead issued a statement claiming he just wanted some time off.  

"Jeff Toobin has asked for some time off while he deals with a personal issue, which we have granted,” a CNN spokesperson told multiple outlets after ignoring Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jeffrey-toobin-zoom-masturbation

Any guesses what the 'personal issue' is?

I'm guessing cramp...

It all seems very legit, there are pics of Hunter smoking a crack pipe circulating on line, but worst all all some pedo stuff. I think Joe knows its all true that's why he has been in lock down all week. Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any weirder... 

10 minutes ago, more said:

It all seems very legit, there are pics of Hunter smoking a crack pipe circulating on line, but worst all all some pedo stuff. I think Joe knows its all true that's why he has been in lock down all week. Just when you think 2020 couldn't get any weirder... 

I wonder if joe is just exhausted and its why He needed a days rest.  And also to prep for the next debate. 

Regardless of who wins, something has to be done about the voting systems over there

Fifty years after they put men on the moon, surely they can come up with a secure and efficient way for people to vote? 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Regardless of who wins, something has to be done about the voting systems over there

Fifty years after they put men on the moon, surely they can come up with a secure and efficient way for people to vote? 

Yep its mind boggling that the biggest issue in the Presidential race is actually getting people to turn up and vote, then you go and make it difficult for them to do so. 

We complain about about having to trek all the way to the local public school and if the line up is longer than it takes to down a democracy sausage we are livid. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Peter said:

Until I saw that video I didn’t know it was so bad and hard to vote. 

It’s weird, every state operates under different rules for their Federal (?) election. I think Utah has 100% postal voting while some other states make it extremely hard to lodge a postal vote. One of the main problems is the inequity there is in some states. There are electorates in some poorer areas that are about  5k wide and 100k long with just 2 polling booths, and you can only vote in your electorate meaning up to a 50k drive and a 2 hour wait when you get there. 
You think the more people that get to vote the better but in so many parts of the US they seem to make it as hard as possible. 

I’ve worked for the QEC & AEC over many elections and we bend over backwards to give everyone the opportunity to vote. We’re very lucky here in Aus... in many ways.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1

Although i don't care for him, Biden definitely  came out on top in todays debate. He was well prepared it seems and spoke a lot to the camera. He did falter on his climate change response and not sure how his anti fossil fuel sentiment will go down in some States. 

Edited by Prince
  • Like 1

This is not a win for Trump, it’s a complete annihilation. 
Biden hasn’t had one good moment and has been crushed on every question. No sane human being thinks otherwise. 

Guessing people that voted early for Biden might be regretting their decision. 

trump was good. 

man, I’ve switched who’s going to win from trump to joe to trump to joe and now back to trump.  

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Guessing people that voted early for Biden might be regretting their decision. 

trump was good. 

man, I’ve switched who’s going to win from trump to joe to trump to joe and now back to trump.  

Biden won the debate, however its more about the coming days. He was a bit more exposed on what he said.

Over the next few days, Biden will try and tidy up some of his comments on shutting down the fuel industry while Trump will hammer in on it. Biden also painted a very gloomy picture of the coming years in regards to the virus whilst Trump was more optimistic.  It really depends on how people view the virus now after near 9 months. 

17 minutes ago, Prince said:

Although i don't care for him, Biden definitely  came out on top in todays debate. He was well prepared it seems and spoke a lot to the camera. He did falter on his climate change response and not sure how his anti fossil fuel sentiment will go down in some States. 

I don't think so

He had a bunch of well-rehearsed lines which came across as the sort of typical bullshit platitudes you'd expect from a career politician, and Trump skewered him accordingly  

The moderator did a pretty good job and I think she was surprisingly fair.  The more restrained version of Trump allowed the debate to focus on the issues, and as we saw with areas like energy policy, focusing on the issues is dangerous territory for Biden 

It was lso amusing to see Biden throwing Obama under the bus

Trump looked to me to be the one that looked flustered most of the time.

Biden clearly won when it came to actually answering questions on policy. Trump's "stream of consciousness" sentences never made any sense.

He has always traded on "not being a politician" and it was very obvious here.

" I am the least racist person in the room. I can't even see the audience because it's so dark"

Biden used his closing 1min to speak directly to the people in an attempt to be inclusive.

Trump talked about what would happen if Biden won????

Biden was considerably stronger than I thought he would be.

Biden: "I have never said I oppose fracking"

Trump: "You said it on tape"

Biden: " Show the tape, put it on your website.  The fact of the matter is he's flat out lying"

Oops...

• Haha 1

Trump definitely knew he could pull out the footage on Biden with regards to fracking. So he had him there.

And Biden will have to do some serious damage control about his comments on reducing reliance on oil to not lose too many refinery workers.

But Trump did produce a zinger worthy of Tony Abbott when he said that wind generated energy kills the birds.😆😆

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Biden: " Show the tape, put it on your website.  The fact of the matter is he's flat out lying"

Oops...

Trump slayed him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Oops...

What, but I thought Trump was the only one who lied...? 

Like I've always said, why in the heck do people carry on about Trump lying as if he is the only person who does? They all do, every single one of them.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Peter said:

Seems legit. 

4370BA8D-9845-4A30-B8E4-2F39207F5852.jpeg

If you like to believe Fox News as an unbiased source.😆😆😆

You could find exactly the opposite point of view on CNN or The Guardian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/22/politics/cnn-poll-final-presidential-debate/index.html

Reality is that the percentage of "undecided" is soooo small, it will boil down to whichever side is more motivated to actually submit a vote.

People either feel Trump is the anti christ or he's the Messiah.

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:51 AM, roxii said:

Yep its mind boggling that the biggest issue in the Presidential race is actually getting people to turn up and vote, then you go and make it difficult for them to do so. 

We complain about about having to trek all the way to the local public school and if the line up is longer than it takes to down a democracy sausage we are livid. 

Has anyone seen the Movie - Man of the Year? Check it out. Robi Williams accidently becomes President due to voting stuff up. Great movie.

• Sad 1

Oh dear 

Joe Biden on Sunday evening hosted a virtual concert to rally support, and said the US needed to stop 'four more years of George' - apparently mixing up Donald Trump and George W. Bush. As Biden spoke, his wife Jill seemed to be saying under her breath: 'Trump'. Critics of Biden, 77, seized on the moment, saying it illustrated his declining mental faculties.

• Like 1

Biden can't even remember Trumps name... And the Dems think he is the best candidate to run the most powerful country in the world... Scary

Edit Peter beat me too it by 5 seconds lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, more said:

Biden can't even remember Trumps name... And the Dems think he is the best candidate to run the most powerful country in the world... Scary

Edit Peter beat me too it by 5 seconds lol

But Trump tweets a lot, so...

So once again the poor people of the US are to decide between someone who says stupid stuff accidentally and someone who says stupid stuff on purpose.  :sadwalk:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, roxii said:

So once again the poor people of the US are to decide between someone who says stupid stuff accidentally and someone who says stupid stuff on purpose.  :sadwalk:

Yep, you would think out of a population of 330 odd million they could do a little better huh.....talk about trolling, how much are the two political parties trolling the US public by saying these two guys are the very best we could come up with to lead our country..

13 minutes ago, roxii said:

Nailed it.