Trump is the President

2 hours ago, Mike Del said:

That’s because it was nothing but a total stunt. I doubt anyone other than Trump himself and his fanboys thought it was real.

To be eligible nominees are supposed to be kept secret. The first thing the politician did after he fired off his Trump nomination was to call a press conference to announce it to the world.... the same as the last time he nominated Trump 😂

Probably hoping for another invitation to the Whitehouse. 
Im actually quite surprised Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts didn’t beat him to it and nominate Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. As sitting politicians they qualify to nominate people and the were pretty keen to suck up Trump’s backside 4 years ago. 

Well Trump has done more than Obama and he actually won one.. So... Mehhh... 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

Meanwhile, on Planet Biden...

Media:  'Mr Vice President, are you going to trash the separation of powers by stacking the supreme court?' 

Biden:  'I don't wanna talk about that'

Media:  'No problem sir.  We'll just ask Trump to denounce white supremacists again...'

• Like 1
Guest Jim Shortz
1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Posts hidden because well - 3 x reported posts & I have better things to do on a Saturday night 

Thanks for the info 👍

16 hours ago, more said:

@Mike Del laughing at people's posts like this is antagonising, lacks respect, is not polite and is an attempt to belittle me. As such it is not in accordance with the behaviours recently outlined.

I'm not going to bother the mods as we are all grown ups, so it would be appreciated if you consider refraining from doing this, thanks. 

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/us-news/2020/10/11/denver-rival-demos-slaying/

Appears that a private security guard hired by the local Denver TV station has taken the law into his own hands firing on a member of the far right "Patriot Rally" that was spraying the news crew with "mace".

Gotta say I wouldn't be taking the twitter feed of someone called GottaBigMouth as an unbiased account of the news. 

Probably preaching to the converted, but this article pretty much sums up why I find Trump abhorrent.

Each to their own.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/north-america/there-s-one-headline-about-donald-trump-that-has-not-been-printed-but-makes-the-most-sense-of-all-20201008-p563b7.html

Edited by Dave T
Toned it down a bit.
13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Probably preaching to the converted, but this article pretty much sums up why I find Trump abhorrent.

Each to their own.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/world/north-america/there-s-one-headline-about-donald-trump-that-has-not-been-printed-but-makes-the-most-sense-of-all-20201008-p563b7.html

So in summary Trumps a narcissist... Wow find me a politician who isn't... 

Democratic nominee Joe Biden said the only way he could lose the 2020 election was through “chicanery,” before later adding he would accept the results of the election.

"Make sure to vote,” the former vice president told voters at a campaign stop in Pennsylvania, “Because the only way we lose this is by the chicanery going on relative to polling places.”

So, what does it say about the greatest democracy on earth, when everyone running for president says that the result can be manipulated and isn't to be trusted. 

The only thing the candidates agree on is that whoever wins the result can't be trusted. USA democracy is screwed.

My mate has a friend in the USA in the state of California who has received a ballot for their daughter who lives in Texas, and has done for ages. Remember the plebiscite here and the outage over postal ballots being everywhere and anywhere. I can't imagine the mess people will throw up if that's the federal election we are talking about.

Also note that Nancy is going on about invoking the 25th to remove Trump a few weeks before an election. They have all gone completely mad.

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, more said:

@Mike Del laughing at people's posts like this is antagonising, lacks respect, is not polite and is an attempt to belittle me. As such it is not in accordance with the behaviours recently outlined.

I'm not going to bother the mods as we are all grown ups, so it would be appreciated if you consider refraining from doing this, thanks. 

Get a grip More, your post (below) finished off with “...So... Mehhh...” 
I assume you’re attempting to be funny so I hit the laugh symbol. 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, more said:

In future, please don’t include me in your trolling attempts.

50 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Get a grip More, your post (below) finished off with “...So... Mehhh...” 
I assume you’re attempting to be funny so I hit the laugh symbol. 

In future, please don’t include me in your trolling attempts.

That's confusing as there was nothing humerous about my post. OK, sorry for the misunderstanding... 

Edited by more
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Probably preaching to the converted, but this article pretty much sums up why I find Trump the equivalent of the anti-christ. Each to their own.

"To illustrate this, consider three separate headlines from the past few days."

One might say that those headlines say more about the 'journalists' than they do about Trump 

1 hour ago, more said:

What sort of candidate tells voters that they 'don't deserve to know' if the entire structure of government is about to be torn down?

This is no mere gaffe

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

What sort of candidate tells voters that they 'don't deserve to know' if the entire structure of government is about to be torn down?

This is no mere gaffe

Imagine if Trump had said this...the outrage by the MSM would be palpable... 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, more said:

Dan Andrews.  Oh hang on. 

Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism and a sense of entitlement.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, dazaau said:

Also note that Nancy is going on about invoking the 25th to remove Trump a few weeks before an election. They have all gone completely mad.

Thay may also apply to potential president Biden, who has referred to himself as a 'transitional candidate'

Are they laying the groundwork for Harris to take over sooner than expected?

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:31 PM, more said:

In that article that Dave posted there is a line that says:

He is a grave danger to the US and the world."

They were saying this 4 years ago also. The only thing thats has gotten worse is the Media's disadain for Trump and that is due to Trump treating them like the idiots they are. Regardless of the media outlet - they no longer report with out a hidden agenda one way or the other.

• Like 2

Society's regression back to 1984 (the novel, not the year) continues apace

- The New York Post publishes emails linking Joe Biden to his son's dodgy dealings with a Ukranian petrochemical company, despite Joe's prior claims that he never discussed his son's business dealings with him

- Kayleigh McEnany retweets the article 

- Twitter suspends the accounts of both McEnany and the New York Post itself

- Facebook places restrictions on distribution of the article so it can be 'fact checked' 

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The New York Post publishes ...

The Rupeverse, via Trumpy’s new personal Aussie cypher - Maddie mad-dog Devine, recycles the same information that Trump was actually impeached for as a ‘new’ revelation, and you go gaga.

I am astonished that the alt-right continue to draw parallels with 1984 (the novel) without any hint of irony or shame ... Tis’ truly the evening of the light of the world, and I despair. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

The Rupeverse, via Trumpy’s new personal Aussie cypher - Maddie mad-dog Devine, recycles the same information that Trump was actually impeached for as a ‘new’ revelation, and you go gaga.

I am astonished that the alt-right continue to draw parallels with 1984 (the novel) without any hint of irony or shame ... Tis’ truly the evening of the light of the world, and I despair. 

The 'alt right' can speak for themselves

Do you have anything to say about the topic or are you just going to sprout meaningless platitudes?

Edited by IronJimbo
On 15/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, Andrew #1 said:

Yes, to use the 1984 'ministry of truth' as an analogy to checking and rejection of Trump's 'alternate facts' and conspiracy theories, is an interesting twist, but I suspect it demonstrates a basic lack of understanding about the book and Orwell's warning of the outcome of populist politics.

Orwell wrote many articles on populism, nationalism and propaganda, and indeed accurately warned and predicted the outcome of Hitler's rise long before it eventuated (and obviously before writing 1984) clearly outlining his thoughts on these issues and thus how the book should be interpreted, so it's perhaps surprising they could be misconstrued in this way.

Trump was a predictable (and indeed predicted) populist outcome of the GFC and the Bush administration's financial bail-out program, where they made the huge mistake of not explaining what they were doing, what they were needing to achieve, and why it was in the interest of 'Main Street' to bail out Wall Street - opening the door to the backdraft that followed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Yes, to use the 1984 'ministry of truth' as an analogy to checking and rejection of Trump's 'alternate facts' and conspiracy theories, is an interesting twist, but I suspect it demonstrates a basic lack of understanding about the book and Orwell's warning of the outcome of populist politics.

Orwell wrote many articles on populism, nationalism and propaganda, and indeed accurately warned and predicted the outcome of Hitler's rise long before it eventuated (and obviously before writing 1984) clearly outlining his thoughts on these issues and thus how the book should be interpreted, so it's perhaps surprising they could be misconstrued in this way.

Trump was a predictable (and indeed predicted) populist outcome of the GFC and the Bush administration's financial bail-out program, where they made the huge mistake of not explaining what they were doing, what they were needing to achieve, and why it was in the interest of 'Main Street' to bail out Wall Street - opening the door to the backdraft that followed.

None of which addresses the basis of my post, let alone refutes it

BTW, welcome to Transitions.  Nice first post

1 hour ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Welcome aboard.

Good time to join the frivolity. Things are going to be very interesting over the next 3 weeks.:clapping:

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Welcome aboard.

Good time to join the frivolity. Things are going to be very interesting over the next 3 weeks.:clapping:

I suspect we won't be hearing from Yogi until Andrew needs someone to agree with him again 

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, more said:

What's the problem with populism, isn't that the whole basis of democracy? 

What you're seeing is not a critique of populism

It's just typical leftist projection 

4 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I don't really understand how 1984 can be used as a comparison to what is happening in the USA.  Animal Farm maybe, but dont get the parallels with 1984...

There is so much crazy stuff going on I've given up trying to understand and follow it all, you now have this whole Hunter Biden issue, crazy crazy country 

So there is a Huge amount of of chatter at the moment about Biden’s son, corruption and how Joe is compromised. I went to put some money on Harris and she isn't an option anymore? 

Anyone know what would happen if Biden had to step down, does Harris automatically take his place and get all of Biden’s votes? I'm a little unsure as you vote for a president not a party like we do here yeah? 

54 minutes ago, more said:

So there is a Huge amount of of chatter at the moment about Biden’s son, corruption and how Joe is compromised.

Not on CNN, there isn't...

• Haha 1
Just now, IronJimbo said:

Not on CNN, there isn't...

Amazing the silence in the MSM isn't it! I seem to be saying this a lot...but imagine if it was reversed and it was Trump, there would be non stop blanket coverage. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-corruption-and-abc-news-11602794575

"The Biden influence-peddling racket appears to be much more lucrative than previously reported. The Joe Biden presidential campaign may be changing its story on a Wednesday New York Post report about the family’s Ukrainian enrichment project. And now the Post reports on a new trove of documents suggesting that the Biden family was able to collect big money in China just for arranging meetings."

Amazing, we had daily stories about how the Russians apparently were blackmailing Trump with pictures of him peeing on a prostitute...but this story is largely kept quiet...

23 minutes ago, more said:

Amazing the silence in the MSM isn't it! I seem to be saying this a lot...but imagine if it was reversed and it was Trump, there would be non stop blanket coverage. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-corruption-and-abc-news-11602794575

"The Biden influence-peddling racket appears to be much more lucrative than previously reported. The Joe Biden presidential campaign may be changing its story on a Wednesday New York Post report about the family’s Ukrainian enrichment project. And now the Post reports on a new trove of documents suggesting that the Biden family was able to collect big money in China just for arranging meetings."

Amazing, we had daily stories about how the Russians apparently were blackmailing Trump with pictures of him peeing on a prostitute...but this story is largely kept quiet...

Of course

One of the biggest problems with the fake news media (and the Twitters and Facebooks of this world) is not so much what they tell you (which is often crap) but what they don't want to tell you

And again, it is purely projection.  Most of what the Democrats accuse Trump of doing, they have done themselves.  And the media are blatantly carrying water for them

Voters have to decide whether they want to enable that behaviour or reject it

• Like 1

I do wonder if trump wins again, will the bulk of the media just give up and think, its only 4 more years and then he’s gone.  

until his daughter then has a crack of course. Ivanka.  

3 hours ago, Peter said:

I do wonder if trump wins again, will the bulk of the media just give up and think, its only 4 more years and then he’s gone.  

The 2 term limit was only introduced after FDR was elected for a 4th term, and could be repealed with the right numbers in Congress (from memory - 2/3rds)  and a compliant supreme court.

45 minutes ago, Yogi Bearista said:

The 2 term limit was only introduced after FDR was elected for a 4th term, and could be repealed with the right numbers in Congress (from memory - 2/3rds)  and a compliant supreme court.

And 38 states (3/4), since you would be repealing the 22nd amendment 

Not likely