Trump is the President

2 hours ago, more said:

A lot can change in a week in politics but at this point in time I reckon Trump is finished. Maybe I should chuck $10 on Harris as a hail Mary... 

I wouldn’t write Trump off yet.

In one way the debate may have helped him. Apparently people were turning off in huge numbers as soon as it became a slanging match. He can always rely on his base to support him, but if he can make enough undecided people loose all interest in the election it will definitely work in his favour.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

I wouldn’t write Trump off yet.

In one way the debate may have helped him. Apparently people were turning off in huge numbers as soon as it became a slanging match. He can always rely on his base to support him, but if he can make enough undecided people loose all interest in the election it will definitely work in his favour.

Sometimes a lot of the stuff that comes out of his mouth can be quite witty, humerus and strike to the bone, putting his opponents off whilst whipping up his supporters. Yesterday was just lame amateur hour stuff. 

It left me with a feeling of geez do we really want another 4 years of this crap. But Biden was rubbish also, and refusing to not answer about packing the supreme court was a joke. 

Sure will be interesting... A race to the bottom 

Makes you wonder, if you were in Bidens shoes, do you stay quite and try and be "the bigger man" but that in turn lest Trump have the whole stage and no doubt would appeal to some of his supporters or do you get stuck in the old adage of "arguing with a fool" ? 

I think really mics should have been muted when it was not their time, however I really doubt Trumps team would agree to that as a condition of the "debate"

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, roxii said:

Makes you wonder, if you were in Bidens shoes, do you stay quite and try and be "the bigger man" but that in turn lest Trump have the whole stage and no doubt would appeal to some of his supporters or do you get stuck in the old adage of "arguing with a fool" ? 

I think really mics should have been muted when it was not their time, however I really doubt Trumps team would agree to that as a condition of the "debate"

I think Biden’s best shot is to take the high road, not get rattled, act statesmen like and let Trump shoot himself in the foot. 

Trump needs to stop the crap, like FFS there is plenty of valid stuff to attack the Dems over without having to drag Biden’s sons coke habit into it. 

Just now, more said:

Trump needs to stop the crap, like FFS there is plenty of valid stuff to attack the Dems over without having to drag Biden’s sons coke habit into it. 

Yeah that was pretty ordinary, dont know the full story, but sounded like he was a military veteran, which I assume may have played into why he ended up an addict, which was on the back of Trump saying how well he had helped Vets. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Sadly I agree I think Trump well and truly stuff himself in that debate from what I've read.

But if anyone can turn it around, he can.

PPL won't change their mind. I remember talking to a Trump supporter in Nashville. Damm that was scary. 

She started the conversation with "So you're from Asutralia, what do you think of our President" 

I told her what I thought & fk she went off.

• Haha 1

Well I’m not sure if the 2nd & 3rd debates will be any better than the 1st. The Debate Commission has mentioned using a mute button to stop someone talking over their opponent but Trump tweeted this statement today...

“Why would I allow the debate commission to change the rules for the second and third debates when I easily won last time?” Trump asked in a tweet on Thursday.

Trump was always going to claim victory.  And the media was always going to claim otherwise and blame Trump

The media (and everyone else) should also remember that Walter Mondale won his first debate against Reagan...

20 minutes ago, Prince said:

he is fit so it won't affect him too bad....

I guess Biden should be happy they were 8mts apart during the debate and never shook hands, a dose of covid might be too much for the old guy

It’s a fairly sad indictment of what has become of the office of President when something that should be serious is being treated as a possible lie or a hoax or a tactic

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, roxii said:

It’s a fairly sad indictment of what has become of the office of President when something that should be serious is being treated as a possible lie or a hoax or a tactic

Is it an indictment of the office or the discourse?

6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Yeah, I always take my political advice from a multi millionaire, radical left wing drug addict. 😂

Yeah, but he sort of has a point.

Democracy is a bit fcuked in the world of internet & 10 second policy decisions.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

What the office has become 

Under Trump, of course

Because Clinton banging his interns in the oval office didn't diminish it in the slightest...

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Under Trump, of course

Because Clinton banging his interns in the oval office didn't diminish it in the slightest...

Well, he didn't actually bang her did he, but a Casa Fernandez New Cuba Connecticut may have done a little unplanned gynegology is the story I seem to recall?

27 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Well, he didn't actually bang her did he, but a Casa Fernandez New Cuba Connecticut may have done a little unplanned gynegology is the story I seem to recall?

Well that makes it okay then

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Yeah, but he sort of has a point.

Democracy is a bit fcuked in the world of internet & 10 second policy decisions.

Sadly, that bit is true.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Under Trump, of course

It has been almost 20 years since Bill was President. The justification of bad acts in the present, based on other peoples bad acts in the past is an interesting approach.

Just now, BarryBevan said:

It has been almost 20 years since Bill was President. The justification of bad acts in the present, based on other peoples bad acts in the past is an interesting approach.

I don't think any side (in most countries) can claim the moral high ground there.  I still remember when Clinton said she was shot at at Sarajevo but that didn't happen.  I've had a car bomb explode in front of me, that ain't something you 'misremember'.

I've never watched a political debate in all my life. (never watched an awards show either!). I lean left on some things and right on the others but never far from the middle.

Both sides are guilty of hypocrisy and digging up stuff when it suits them.  Nobody is clean in that game.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

I guess Biden should be happy they were 8mts apart during the debate and never shook hands, a dose of covid might be too much for the old guy

All though it’s tempting to gloat and say I told you so, I hope Biden’s response to Trump and Melania catching Covid is that of a president with some compassion and maybe earn him some extra votes.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, fiftyplus said:

All though it’s tempting to gloat and say I told you so, I hope Biden’s response to Trump and Melania catching Covid is that of a president with some compassion and maybe earn him some extra votes.

I’m sure he will. 

be stupid not too. 

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Yeah, I always take my political advice from a multi millionaire, radical left wing drug addict. 😂

I struggle to listen to him, at any time about anything. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

As is the pretense that history began when Trump was elected 

What would happen if both the president and the VP became incapacitated? 

There's no suggestion that Vice-President Mike Pence may also have COVID-19.

But given the coronavirus has reached Mr Trump's inner circle, it's still unclear just how many people he came into contact with before he tested positive to COVID-19. So this question may come up.

The US constitution has mapped out what happens in the worst possible scenario.

After the Vice-President, the next person in the line of succession is Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wouldn't that be something.

The journos over there are smoking some good stuff. CNN reports that

This may be the most dangerous moment the US government has ever faced

Really lol? Worse than the civil war? World war? Cold war? JFK assassination? 

Apparently because" what if half the people who run the country get it'. Still, bit over the top 😂

• Like 1
5 hours ago, FatPom said:

Well, he does offer an interesting counterpoint to a multi millionaire, alt-right Adderall addled POTUS.

8 hours ago, dazaau said:

Wouldn't that be something.

The journos over there are smoking some good stuff. CNN reports that

This may be the most dangerous moment the US government has ever faced

Really lol? Worse than the civil war? World war? Cold war? JFK assassination? 

Apparently because" what if half the people who run the country get it'. Still, bit over the top 😂

Agree.  

Wow, footage showing him going to hospital, he will be landing about 200 meters from my house. Hope he gets well quickly. This is a terrible disease.

No matter what side of the divided you are politically, this is a terrible thing and we all should wish him well

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

this pretense lives where?

Mostly in the media, whenever you hear whining about how bad the political discourse has become 

Trump did not create the political divide.  He is a response to it

• Like 1

I think in that you are right IJ.  I don't know that he was chosen because he was going to be a great president.  I've always wondered if a part of it was because he wasn't your typical politician/typical presidential candidate.  I don't know if that's a good thing (I think you need to know how the system works), and I still think he got a surprise at what he couldn't actually do; I think he felt he could do anything he wanted once he got the job.  Imagine if he'd passed it to Biden, and we have both elderly candidates hospitalised prior to the election.

3 hours ago, goughy said:

I think in that you are right IJ.  I don't know that he was chosen because he was going to be a great president.  I've always wondered if a part of it was because he wasn't your typical politician/typical presidential candidate.  I don't know if that's a good thing (I think you need to know how the system works), and I still think he got a surprise at what he couldn't actually do; I think he felt he could do anything he wanted once he got the job.  Imagine if he'd passed it to Biden, and we have both elderly candidates hospitalised prior to the election.

You are 100% spot on. 

As for his general approach I think he very much views things from a business perspective, at times to his detriment. For example, every single CEO/GM worth their weight says everything is awesome, every thing is going to be awesome, no matter what. Fear and negativity can spread like wild fire and decimate a company. 

So in his niave way say there was nothing to worry to worry about with rona was trying to keep the public and economy buoyant, now those comments are being usef against him..

I can’t stand Trump and what he represents. However I think this tweet from QLD’s health minister is a complete disgrace. This isn’t a political issue and trying to score points just shows how out of touch he is. 

Have you considered intravenous disinfectant?

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!