Bike fit - Brisbane

Time for a new thread! And yes, I did a search. I'm sure this would have been posted before but couldn't find anything.

Soooooo, the current plan is to keep the s3 and put a new TT base bar on it. I have never had a proper fit done and have been told over and over to get one done.

Who would you suggest in Brisbane AND WHY? Everyone talks about Retul. Is it all is cracked up to be or are you paying for the name? What is so special about Retul?

This is what I have found via Google:

Cadence Cycling (Retul 3D fit) 90-120 mins $349

Fit review $179/hr charged quarterly

Cycle Physio

$380 <2 hrs

Bikeology $240

Planet cycles

2D fit <1hr $150

60-90 mins $200

3D fit - no price online

Thank you .... AGAIN

I've done the full works at cadence with aaron and was excellent. Not sure if he's still there but i think a tranny is related to him...

Had a basic fit on roadie at bikeology and did the job.

I can't recommend cadence highly enough but don't kick my butt if doesn't work for you.

Another vote for Nick Formosa at Cadence in West End. Retul will look at all the moving parts as you ride and suggest adjustments to optimize the angles etc. It sounds expensive but if you ride a bike for say 7 years it works out to a dollar a week to be comfortable on it and confident you're not asking your body to work hard whilst misaligned.

Remember in an ideal world you get a fit done and then go an get a bike which fits the fit. If you're using an existing bike it's possible it can't be fully optimised to fit you.

I used Aaron (Retul) for both my TT (moved from a Giant to a P5) and later on for a roadie. Positioning changed quite a bit for the TT bike and certainly looked/felt a lot better. For the road bike it was fewer changes but some interesting ones like reducing the width of the handlebars (I didn't know they came in different widths...). Overall well worth it from my perspective but haven't tried any others so can't do a comparison. When I did it he had a full range of bits which he could change out once he knew what he was looking for which included different seats for example.

• Like 1

I would recommend Mark Watts the Retul fitter at West End, put most of my team through him and the feedback has be great

https://www.facebook.com/mark.c.watts.79

Also, Jaaron at Cyc'd for bikes has recently bought the new Guru system. He and Jack Anderson and trained up on this and it would be worth checking out and having a look.

PM me if you have any more questions, I know these guys pretty well

Paul

• Like 1

Fly to Sydney.....

Spend a week training in God's country....Sutherland Shire...

Pay a visit or two to Parkside and his expertise....

two problems solved at once....bike fit and you get to train in the holy hollows of our turf.... :-)

• 1 year later...

Dredging up the old thread.

I just had my final set up done with Mark Watts at Bikefit Studio.

I could have waited another couple of weeks to get in to see Nick, but went with Mark.

I couldn't be happier with the process or the value for money.

Over 2 appointments, it was ~4.5 hours of time.

My report has so many "compromised" results for strength/flexibility that it's embarrassing.

Mark recommended different extensions, actually different TT bars all together.

Tried a dozen saddles in the shop and took a test one home for a couple of weeks.

Ended up buying a different saddle entirely, but it was worthwhile eliminating the guess work on some that I thought might work, but felt horrible in testing.

If you're thinking about it, I'd recommend 100%

• Like 1

I could have waited another couple of weeks to get in to see Nick, but went with Mark.

Â

My report has so many "compromised" results for strength/flexibility that it's embarrassing.

Tried a dozen saddles in the shop and took a test one home for a couple of weeks.

Ended up buying a different saddle entirely, but it was worthwhile eliminating the guess work on some that I thought might work, but felt horrible in testing.

Â

Mark definitely knows his stuff. Cyclist as well as being a biomechanics expert.

I went through Mark too. I agree with everything you said. I found a new saddle after trying a few with him and it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk