I think that's part of my problem too.

Just leads to me avoiding things longer.

You sound like an all or nothing guy and I think lots of us can identify with that. The problem is, we can't magically click our heels together and get to that point. The road to become a decent level at SBR can be long and does not get easier as we get older.

I'd put it this way. Let's say your goal is like destination that you want to drive to but the place is 5,000 Kms away. You could take the freeway and stay on that road all the way, ignoring those little interesting detours along the way but you run the risk of getting bored or stuck in bad gridlock that will eventually see you abandon the journey altogether.

Or,

You could take the detours and see what is down those roads. Sure they don't get you where you want very quickly but they do keep you interested and you are still heading in the right general direction. If you do this and you realise that you are having such a good time that maybe your intended destination isn't that important any more then there's no law to say you have to get there.

Just do what makes you happy, and if you don't know what that is, take a gamble on finding out. :)

Edited by FatPom
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I've faced facts and just sent off the form to downgrade my entry from the marathon to the half. I did a 2 hour run on the weekend. 18 km. Realistically, I couldn't run a marathon in another

Made it. 28:30, so about as expected.

Sign up for Events. Pay for them.   Now you don't want to waste money do you!   That how I get my motivation.   Clydesdale.

Tyno you seem to be making a lot of excuses already in relation to people's comments here. Are you sure you actually want to race triathlon?

I'm not sure of much, hence the question.

Excuses are part of my issue, I know.

Nope.

I saw some of the newly formed BTC squad out running around the river this morning. All abilities Tyno, why don't you give them a go. Free sessions.

They're also having a run/ swim session at Enoggera Reservoir on Saturday morning, bit of Christmas fun. 6.30am, look them up on Facebook.

Athlete's Foot Carindale has a run club every Tuesday night on the paths behind the shopping centre. Mainly doing interval stuff I think.

Possibilities are endless for free and easy sessions if you really want to do something.

Edited by AA7

you just need to start. I've got a mate just like you and it pains me sometimes having to keep motivating him, but I see it in him too if he just starts he gets that buzz from realising improvements and this drives his motivation.

no grand plans, just start. walking, jogging, running. go with friend/family member. talk shit have a laugh leave the watch at home. just start. don't think about it too much, just do.

You're a strange man Tyno, cause you really seem to love tri and the world around it. I mean you're still a prolific poster here, and it was only 6 months ago you cheered me on as I ran past you while you were watching the BRW. And you've done way more than me, or than I ever will in this sport. I think once you're moving again it'll be on! It's just taking those first steps.

No.

Walking some of the way home after work today.

I will get up tomorrow on Friday and circle Muzz a few times.

Well? If not, I suggest being banned from the forum until you provide proof to the mods of activity.

How about you use local trannies to get you going?

I'm willing to meet you at a central pool, or Enoggera Dam at 5 or 6 am one morning a week.

Who else wants to beat up Tyno?

Possibly, interested as i am northside, what would we call ourselves? the hasbeens?

The Excuses.

They were big in the 70s with classics like "my nipples are red from this singlet let's stop", "I think I might have to poo instead" and "people will laugh at my little penis in these togs".

New album to be released in time for Xmas, with the first single "All I want for Christmas is not to be such a lazy c*nt"

• Like 1

Mitchy isn't close to anyone I'll be meeting at Petrie.

Petrie just isn't close to me.

You should ride your bike to Wynnum, parkrun then have a relaxing dip in the wading pool. Then get someone to drive you home....

Don't forget she also suggested getting in the pool afterwards as well.

That part was surely just if I needed a wee.

I don't think I've ever been at Wynnum and thought, "You know, that water looks really inviting"

• Like 2

That part was surely just if I needed a wee.

I don't think I've ever been at Wynnum and thought, "You know, that water looks really inviting"

Wading pool is fine for a splash about.

But there is also toilets if you do need them.

I'll admit my extreme bias on this one as Im a member of SBTC, but the last begineers course went really well, people of all shapes and sizes did it, some never really ridden a bike others 70.3 finishers but wanting to start from scratch, and at only $120 for the 6 weeks its a great price. not sure how many spots are left though, pretty sure they limited it to 20

Tyno has done multiple ironmen triathlons he doesn't need a beginners course he just needs to give himself an uppercut. .

Now that he's got himself moving though he'll be hard to stop. Like the queen Mary 2...

• Like 1