Pinkboys new World Record.....well done son

Anyone else keeping an eye on Pinkboys current 3 World record attempts? Dude has smashed the first one. Guy's a gun.

1. 12hr mtb distance record. Tick..smashed it

2. 24hr mtb distance record. Tick..smashed it

3. 48hr mtb distance record. Tick.....and still smashing it

https://www.facebook.com/events/1014343665254568/

Private page but his wife may be accepting.

Edited by detai
  • Like 1

The 24 hr official record beaten at 2.37pm (457kms). 5.25 hours ahead of the 24 hr cutoff. There's a pending 24hr record at 523kms which we think he will get at 6pm. Now let's see where he can take the 48 hr.

• Like 1

He has his sights on doing 1000km by 48 hours which I think very soon. He Is lapping at 51secs and he is 90secs ahead of his goal. He has ave 20.6km/h so far, which is insane on a mtb over this length of time

• Like 1

I don't know how to post photos here but it is a giant xtc, looks like XT kit on it and he has a Garmin something arather on it. It can only be a standard purchased bike so it can't be lowered, suped up or run areo bars

• Like 1

Roxxette....

time for you to line up that Pinkyboy character for an interview.....

for those young ones / newbies here....so they can know who he is...

those who werent there at Forster IM in the pinkyboy era...and what he's accomplished just now..

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome ride!

What gearing did you have for the race? Surely you would have only needed a few gears.

And how the eff did you stay awake without hallucinating.

About 60% of the time I was in 34/13. The first 12hrs and the last 2hrs were spent mostly in the 34/11. Most likely, had I had larger gearing, I'd burn the legs.

I'm naturally a poor sleeper. Generally 4-5 hrs night. I did start getting the 'sleep monsters about midnight the second night, where I did take more frequent breaks, but once the sun came up, I felt fresher.

pinkboy