Gatorade QTS Series

Maybe ??? ... Pfft!

Yes

and

Yes

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yeh, just maybe. There was a race on at Sunny Coast last weekend which I might still be recovering from. Have you heard of that race? ;-)

Yeh, just maybe. There was a race on at Sunny Coast last weekend which I might still be recovering from. Have you heard of that race? ;-)

Doesn't matter. You'll still kick my butt!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done aa7 and cranky, and was that Ruley snaring a podium?

Good to see the TA officials all over the course - only complaint is that if you are issued with a card please don't argue with the TA officials - I got stuck behind a very long winded argument between TA official and cardee for nearly half a km - riding at under 24kmh. Might have made a difference might not, but irritating nonetheless.

Awesome atmosphere and great to see all sorts getting out there - if this is grass roots triathlon, then the future is brighter than I thought

• Like 1

Good to see the TA officials all over the course - only complaint is that if you are issued with a card please don't argue with the TA officials - I got stuck behind a very long winded argument between TA official and cardee for nearly half a km - riding at under 24kmh. Might have made a difference might not, but irritating nonetheless.

Awesome atmosphere and great to see all sorts getting out there - if this is grass roots triathlon, then the future is brighter than I thought

Thanks! Had a cracker! AA7 zilch whipped me though! First race since Port. Glad to be back! How did you go? Happy?

Edited by Cranky

Yeah it was, still fat and out of shape but a work in progress, better than two weeks ago.

I missed you!

Who are you?

I have no clue.... didn't know AA7 for ages either .... even though I knew her in real life!

Thanks, how did you go?

I liked the new distance. There was a nasty little bump in the road coming across the bridge on the far end of the bike course. Someone came off here, smashed his helmet. Also saw a few bottles that had been jolted out of cages.

Thanks, how did you go?

I liked the new distance. There was a nasty little bump in the road coming across the bridge on the far end of the bike course. Someone came off here, smashed his helmet. Also saw a few bottles that had been jolted out of cages.

Yes! That was shocking!!

Thanks, how did you go?

2nd in AG in super sprint format - Really enjoyed the distance - it was just like a really solid brick session with lots of company!

I saw a cyclist with much missing skin being trundled off from the finish area - was that him?

2nd in AG in super sprint format - Really enjoyed the distance - it was just like a really solid brick session with lots of company!

I saw a cyclist with much missing skin being trundled off from the finish area - was that him?

The one from the big crash went off on ambulance trolley. I also saw some video of another crash of someone just taking the roundabout too fast, slid out. Maybe that was him.

There was a good stack in front of me on the mount line. Gent climbs aboard his bike, waves to his kids then looks down at his shoes before veering onto another unsuspecting rider bringing them both down. I'm hoping they were both Ok but it didn't look or sound good.

Having not done this race before, I was surprised at the stupid decisions riders were making coming into the turns. Racing to get on the inside and endangering everyone is ridiculous for the MOPs. Great race though and thankfully it was a dry track.

• 2 weeks later...

I was the rider who came off on the bump.

Actually smacked into the TO motorbikes wing mirror after trying to dodge the bump and passing a few slower riders, I cant believe that on the bridge being so thin and especially after that bump they put another obstacle in the middle of the road. helmet was smashed but thankfully the bike was ok and only a few weeks off with a bruised rib

• Like 1

Felling like I live on Mars ATM. My phone died and I my old phone has stopped connecting to wifi, so unless I get on an actual PC, I have no internet! :(

How are you going to tell everyone about the training you have done?

How are you going to tell everyone about the training you have done?

Well my Garmin uploads to Garmin Connect via wifi and that automatically uploads to Strava, so maybe you could just cut and paste everything from Strava and put it my FB timeline for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well my Garmin uploads to Garmin Connect via wifi and that automatically uploads to Strava, so maybe you could just cut and paste everything from Strava and put it my FB timeline for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not on Strava.

• 1 month later...

Cranky and Alison - awesome watching you two play cat and mouse on the bike today. Congratulations to you both.

By the way cranky, If my failing memory serves, you are looking extremely fit - the new regime is paying off

• Like 1

Also as an addendum - did anyone else have their bike re-racked today. I have heard that TA officials moved some bikes - not just along the row a bit but to the other side so a lady I know had to run up and down, then right back to get around to the other side to get her bike. Can't say I've heard of this sort of thing before.

Cranky and Alison - awesome watching you two play cat and mouse on the bike today. Congratulations to you both.

By the way cranky, If my failing memory serves, you are looking extremely fit - the new regime is paying off

Yep, I was just playing with her :smile1:

Actually, been feeling pretty lousy so didn't want to have to run too hard to chase her down so was definitely trying to stay close on the bike.

And I wish I knew who you were Cat Lady....

Also as an addendum - did anyone else have their bike re-racked today. I have heard that TA officials moved some bikes - not just along the row a bit but to the other side so a lady I know had to run up and down, then right back to get around to the other side to get her bike. Can't say I've heard of this sort of thing before.

I didn't have mine moved but know exactly what happened. About 6 bikes racked where they shouldn't have, there was witches hats there to tell people not to rack there and it was pretty obvious to see why. It was near a lamp post and some other poles, so when bikes racked there people couldn't fit past with their bikes running in and of transition. I was on the other side of the rack.

Thanks!

I heard some people racked) where there were witches cones (not enough room to run down the isle in that spot) so they had to be moved.

Yep, I was just playing with her :smile1:

Actually, been feeling pretty lousy so didn't want to have to run too hard to chase her down so was definitely trying to stay close on the bike.

And I wish I knew who you were Cat Lady....

I think she was wearing black today, yes? I heard someone yell out to me coming up that little rise after the far point turn around and turned around for a quick look. Was that you?

We should meet up before the race next time! Where do you hang out before? I'm normally at the BBT or Earnshaw State College Tent (which are normally next to each other). AA7 hides!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I heard some people racked) where there were witches cones (not enough room to run down the isle in that spot) so they had to be moved.

I think she was wearing black today, yes? I heard someone yell out to me coming up that little rise after the far point turn around and turned around for a quick look. Was that you?

We should meet up before the race next time! Where do you hang out before? I'm normally at the BBT or Earnshaw State College Tent (which are normally next to each other). AA7 hides!

Yep that was me - I did look for you at the finish but think you might have already left for home :-) - I'm not with any tri club so tend to wander around - will wander over to those tents if you are going to robina in January and say hi

• Like 1

Yep that was me - I did look for you at the finish but think you might have already left for home :-) - I'm not with any tri club so tend to wander around - will wander over to those tents if you are going to robina in January and say hi

Yep. I'll be there with all my Minions.

9c63d77122d9bbcaf59bf5d93bb661ad.jpg

• Like 1