So I've got Cancellara and Gerrans in my team. That's not good after stage 3.

Yep, time to Google the TDF drinking game and just enjoy the scenery from here on in!

Impey back on his bike and rides off with a busted collarbone.

Matthews looked like he was in shock.

When you look at that chaos, no wonder they neutralised for a section.

Impey back on his bike and rides off with a busted collarbone.

But has been pulled from tonight's stage.

If they'd lost the others that fell in that crash (eg Matthews, yates or Albasini), I assume the whole team would have been pulled later this week as they wouldn't have had 5 to get a time in the TTT. Has that ever happened in a GT?

it is distressing and confronting with volume but enlightening into life on the tour

Had me trying to remember my spanish - pretty intense!!

Edited by Gundy

neutralising the race after that crash was silly. Surely those guys who put in the effort to break away deserve some recognition for their efforts. if it was a Domestique then the race would have gone ahead and nothing ever said.

Crap official-ling stuffing it for us uneducated cycling fans.

The race was neutralised because there were some many injured in the crash, there were no medical staff available for the rest of the race.

it is distressing and confronting with volume but enlightening into life on the tour

The thing I didn't understand was why he bothered trying to clip the helmet back together?

Surely you'd swap a bike and a helmet instead of chucking it back on the rider?

Because if the rider was fine, quicker to fix the helmet than run back and get another one. Give him the new helmet once they are back on the bike and in the peloton.

Can only carry so much when he gets out of a car.

• Like 1

Because if the rider was fine, quicker to fix the helmet than run back and get another one. Give him the new helmet once they are back on the bike and in the peloton.

Can only carry so much when he gets out of a car.

That way he could hold on to the car while they are fitting it. You'd normally expect that to take 4 or 5 minutes.

He changed the helmet when race was neutralised.

Bling locked broken yesterday and unfortunately I am not sure he will ride on for too much longer: not having a great run with TDF: non-start and now basically out stage 3.

I don´t want to harp on that I am away from home, see the Roth post. It has been funny watching the Tour live in German and pretending that Phil and Paul are commentating. I am recording it for when I hit Aus shores. :smile1::smile1::smile1:

Orica must have all walked under a ladder on the way to the team presentation

And that's why it's unfair to have a Team-Time trial so far into the race, Stage 9. With another 3 stages to come before it there could be teams down to 4 or 5 riders at the start line.

And 5 have to finish, so if they're down to 4, they're buggered.

They have a contingency that if a team only has 4 they have to finish within 30% of the winner's time and the time is taken from the 4th rider over.

Still not a very smart idea to have a TTT in the 2nd week.

I don´t want to harp on that I am away from home, see the Roth post. It has been funny watching the Tour live in German and pretending that Phil and Paul are commentating. I am recording it for when I hit Aus shores. :smile1::smile1::smile1:

Have Phil and Paul dropped any "clangers" yet?, I miss them so much. I like the Lemond on Tour on Eurosport. Greg Lemond the only US Tour winner :smile1::smile1:

Is it just me, or are they riding like a group of triathletes? They seem to spend more time crashing than riding.

Is it just me, or are they riding like a group of triathletes? They seem to spend more time crashing than riding.

First week is always a bit crazy and although I've only been properly watching the Tour for 10 years I don't remember it being this bad. I would hazard a guess that a new record has been broken for broken bones in the first week.

The big crash the other day was the biggest single crash I've seen at the Tour and when you add up the damage just from that one crash it's incredible.

Bonnet 2 broken vertebrae

Cancellara 2 broken vertebrae

Gerrans 2 broken bones in his arm

Matthews 2 broken ribs

Impey broken collarbone

Ten Dam dislocated shoulder

And that's just the ones I know about, and half of them rode the remaining 50 km of the stage.

Martin's crash was strange. It almost looked like he got spooked by something in the crowd and just baulked right, straight into the guy next to him. Bizarre.

• Like 1

Martin's crash was strange. It almost looked like he got spooked by something in the crowd and just baulked right, straight into the guy next to him. Bizarre.

Yeah, I thought it looked odd at first, but he explains that he touched the back wheel of the Europcar rider in front of him.

If you watch with that in mind, you can see it on the overhead shot.

It's seems his first reaction is a slight move right, but he over corrects and goes down after that.

• Like 1

The big crash the other day was the biggest single crash I've seen at the Tour and when you add up the damage just from that one crash it's incredible.

To steal a quote from someone else.

Im not surprised they are crashing, " the last time i was drugged up to the eye balls I couldnt even find my bike"