The Bike Lane on SBS

Am i slow on the pick-up? Or is this relatively new?

(On now, sunday evening)

Like a Top Gear nokoff for bikes with the "hot lap"?

Any opinions?

Theyre doing the show in a laundromat, and have a studio audience of around 5.

Hey its the dude off the car (aussie) Top Gear doing the hot lap

New show. Second week. Matty Keenan's baby.

Robbie as co-host for first three shows. Stuey for the next three.

It's filmed in the Rapha Club (whatever that is) and obviously you need to be a hipster to get in.

It's filmed in the Rapha Club (whatever that is) and obviously you need to be a hipster to get in.

We've had one here called 'The Cycle Show' for about 3 yrs or so. The first couple of years it was filmed in the 'Look Mum No Hands' cafe and had really good look and feel about but the last season was more studio and 'set up' and lost something.

They have a turbo comp at the end of each so, 30 secs IIRC. Tried to cover so many aspects of cycling that it got a bit diluted. Not sure if it has survived for another season this year.

err, no

As mentioned above, this is a project that was done by Wade @ Cyclingtips in conjunction with keenan and scott mcgrory originally.

The TV version is a little more bland in my opinion but unfortunately par for the course when they went from total control to TV based and sanitised

err, no

As mentioned above, this is a project that was done by Wade @ Cyclingtips in conjunction with keenan and scott mcgrory originally.

The TV version is a little more bland in my opinion but unfortunately par for the course when they went from total control to TV based and sanitised

Sorry. Didn't know the history of it, just noticed that Matt Keenan is one of the producers.

I will say that I'm very surprised by Robbie's qualities as a commentator/panelist. Has some very sensible insights and although he's still a bit "wooden", for a sprinter he's actually really switched on ;)

• 1 month later...

The UK Cycle Show was on last night, new presenter, a bit sterile but some ok features.

One feature was of Cuddles and his involvement with the charity ' Soldier On' and their involvement in Trois Etapes in the Dolomites, which looked amazing.

Not sure if you can access an iPlayer there, I think it was on ITV4. Worth a look.