Paris-Roubaix

I was just about to post "calling fatpom".

Sir Bradley for the win?

Would like to see it but doubtful. He seemed more focussed last year and came 10th. I've only been watching for 5mins, any big hitters in the front group?

looks horrible. I complain after riding on a rough, sealed road...I'd be broken on that stuff.

I've done the Flanders sportive and everyone says the cobbles are much worse at Roubaix, good grief, hard to imagine :shocking:

Jumping the curb on a corner and lost back wheel. Went down, rejoined back of peloton

Just got control of the control...quick read of official news feed on Gee: had 2 punctures, was therfore off the peloton and then crashed but they said he was quickly back on his bike...

The train! Amazing! Surely someone thought about the fact a train might be scheduled to go through the race course :o What a great race, cobblestones, small villages AND high speed trains!

Edited by dazaau

The train! Amazing! Surely someone thought about the fact a train might be scheduled to go through the race course :o What a great race, cobblestones, small villages AND high speed trains!

Happens every year, or at least the potential does. IIRC it happens when the pace is quicker than scheduled.

no DQ for dodgy train crossing?, wiggins was in that group :shocking::shocking::shocking:

They took the easy way out and held up everyone to wait for those that did the right thing. I suppose it's like when they decide not to DQ the gruppetto in the TdF, when they come in after the cut off, and there are a larger than normal number, and a few big names in it.

I suppose we should expect this from a major cycling event, when their governing body, the UCI, has been doing the same thing for years. ;)

The whole thing could be handled much better by the race organisers.

1. They could have 2 cop cars there than also block the road.

2. They could do a deal for the train to actually slow down

3. Maybe the train could stop for 4 minutes to let the riders across.

4. Maybe they could pick a different route.

The train normally stops and lets the race go past by waiting at the previous station when the race is running as per schedule, however the race was running 15 minutes ahead of schedule and so this train hadn't been advised to stop and wait.