Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I like KR because it seems he is a pretty normal person, who seems like he does a lot of nice things for people #mancrush

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that a euphemism? 

Watch "Sing Street" .... brilliant, low budget film from Ireland.

You mean Hugh Jackman wasn't his coach?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I like KR because it seems he is a pretty normal person, who seems like he does a lot of nice things for people #mancrush

Yeh I’ve read he’s very down to earth. I’m not really a fan of many of his movies though I thought the 1st John Wick was very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Del said:

Yeh I’ve read he’s very down to earth. I’m not really a fan of many of his movies though I thought the 1st John Wick was very good.

The first John Wick was good, the last one was just 2 hours of him non stop killing people. I actually turned it off...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

"The Finishers" is on SBS movies at the moment. Some great footage and inspiration from Ironman Nice.  Worth a watch. It's got me half thinking about kinda maybe doing another IM...!

image.png.352f0386b1f9415e25e47b9815690670.png

 

Noticed a lot of dudes on road bikes on what looks like a mountain climb on the bike course - why don't we have any REAL bike courses on Australian IMs..?!

Edited by PeterW
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, PeterW said:


Noticed a lot of dudes on road bikes on what looks like a mountain climb on the bike course - why don't we have any REAL bike courses on Australian IMs..?!

The old, original Canberra HIM course was lumpy but still fairly benign compared to a lot of the courses here. 

I love that about racing in the UK, it's bloody hard on a lot of the courses. Not all by any means but a lot.  Throw in some potholes, rain and angry hedgehogs and you've got yourself a real adventure. 

Have a look at the recent Helvellyn race.  

With regards to Nice, I don't think the current course is as lumpy as it used to be!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Noticed a lot of dudes on road bikes on what looks like a mountain climb on the bike course - why don't we have any REAL bike courses on Australian IMs..?

Because the fun police don't want us to hurt ourselves because we were going too fast downhill

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Checked out 1917 on, I think, Amazon.  One of the most visually spectacular things I've seen in a while - mind boggling how they got the continuity on the long single camera takes! Def, worth a watch.

Finally gotten around to "American Psycho" (Netflix) after all these years.  Awesome pic - Christian Bale is just amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Checked out 1917 on, I think, Amazon.  One of the most visually spectacular things I've seen in a while - mind boggling how they got the continuity on the long single camera takes! Def, worth a watch.

 

Really liked "1917" as well. The editor , Lee Smith ( Oscar winner for "Dunkirk") is one of my best high school buddies that went on to achieve way more than most of us from Davidson HS :lol:

https://collider.com/1917-movie-editing-explained-lee-smith-interview/

The fact that he was editing in "real-time" so each day's shooting could follow on from the previous day's to give the appearance of one continuous shot is astounding IMHO.

Still gives me a buzz when I see his name in the credits of a blockbuster. Especially considering the people he has worked with like Christopher Nolan ( Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, The Batman trilogy, The Prestige) , Sam Mendes ( James Bond-Spectre, 1917) and Peter Weir ( Master & Commander, The Way Back).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The fact that he was editing in "real-time" so each day's shooting could follow on from the previous day's to give the appearance of one continuous shot is astounding IMHO.

Yes, I read how they did this and it was an amazing feat.  Very stressful and any problems meant re-shooting the scene. The night scene and the timing with the aerial flares, for me, is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen on screen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bond Movie now not being released until possibly April next year for anyone interested. This will be the same for most 'big' movie releases as they are all released world wide at the same time. Cinemas have now cut most hours and even shutting on some days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

Bond Movie now not being released until possibly April next year for anyone interested. This will be the same for most 'big' movie releases as they are all released world wide at the same time. Cinemas have now cut most hours and even shutting on some days.

Yeah, the fact that the CN movie "Tenet" didn't exactly set the box office on fire has meant that most studios won't risk losing out and would rather hold off.

This is compounded by the same studios not releasing any new content on to 4kUHD/Bluray/DVD. As someone that normally buys 3-4 movies(on disc) per month, I have probably only bought half a dozen in past 6 months.

Good opportunity to re-watch some older stuff, and keeps the chief financial officer happy, but there isn't even anything on the JB Pre-Order list that can draw out the credit card.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, the fact that the CN movie "Tenet" didn't exactly set the box office on fire has meant that most studios won't risk losing out and would rather hold off.

This is compounded by the same studios not releasing any new content on to 4kUHD/Bluray/DVD. As someone that normally buys 3-4 movies(on disc) per month, I have probably only bought half a dozen in past 6 months.

Good opportunity to re-watch some older stuff, and keeps the chief financial officer happy, but there isn't even anything on the JB Pre-Order list that can draw out the credit card.

 

mind you, if covid continues for another 12 mths, you may see some more movies released for rental at normal cinema prices. Not necessarily major blockbusters, but certainly academy award movies

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FatPom said:

This is too important to be on the YT thread. 😎. Educate your kids! (or their kids!)

 

 

FP it's geo blocked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FatPom said:

That's a shame, we watched it the other night.  I wonder if somebody in the UK loaded it?

At least tell us what it is.... All we see is this: :)

image.thumb.png.d79553420423c95a61a756fef3e4c3c3.png

 

No, all good now, I did a European VPN and found it was The Castle.  Awesome pic!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 4:12 PM, PeterW said:

Noticed a lot of dudes on road bikes on what looks like a mountain climb on the bike course - why don't we have any REAL bike courses on Australian IMs..?!

Because noone likes tough bike courses. Thats half the reason the Pro's have no interest in Port. If it was dead flat and smooth you would have a Pro field 50 deep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PeterW said:

At least tell us what it is.... All we see is this: :)

image.thumb.png.d79553420423c95a61a756fef3e4c3c3.png

 

No, all good now, I did a European VPN and found it was The Castle.  Awesome pic!!

haha yeah.  I didn't realise you couldn't see anything.  Mrs FP hadn't seen it. (I threatened to revoke her Aussie passport. 😉  )

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, FatPom said:

That's a shame, we watched it the other night.  I wonder if somebody in the UK loaded it?

It works perfectly here in Mongolia. Might just be blocked in Oz.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2020 at 4:12 PM, PeterW said:

Noticed a lot of dudes on road bikes on what looks like a mountain climb on the bike course - why don't we have any REAL bike courses on Australian IMs..?!

The 70.3 Worlds in Nice had the same mountain - Col de Vence.  When they climb it in TDF and Paris-Nice it is classified as a Category One.  I raced on a road bike.  Not for the climb, but for the 30km of fast technical descents the other side.

Loved the course itself, but became very dangerous with so many riders descending at the same time.  And vast differences in skill levels.  Made worse due to the popularity of Zwift and Trainer Road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Mercy (2019) starring Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx Netflix - yes, yet another, based on a true story, civil rights flick from America's South.  This one is worth a watch - I found it quite moving.

image.png.5e90af18fb9ca50675f8c6c25b5d610d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...