13 minutes ago, more said:

If you want depth it's totally the wrong movie, but that's kind of like going to KFC and complaining there is no healthy options lol, it's a junk food movie, just sit back and enjoy 

Totally agree. 

Years ago I say King Kong.  Walking out an older lady said it was so unrealistic.  And she was serious.  

Maybe PeterW and barrybeven are just old ladies. 

Edited by Peter
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that a euphemism? 

My wife went to see Top End Wedding with girlfriends on Saturday night, she told me she loved it. That immediately tells me it's rubbish and I'd hate it. 

Watch "Sing Street" .... brilliant, low budget film from Ireland.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, PeterW said:

Geez I must sound like a sour puss - i didn't like this either. Opening scenes were amazing, if not a little too long but I felt the rest of the movie lacked depth and direction. :(

You do realistic movies aren’t real right?  

Even the best movie of all time shawshank redemption wasn’t real. 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

You do realistic movies aren’t real right?  

Even the best movie of all time shawshank redemption wasn’t real. 

Yeah, I get that. It was probably me not the pic, cos I actually kinda liked it - maybe I'm just getting old and cranky. On a positive note, I watched "I Tonya" again and I was completely blown away for a second time - great use of humor to provide a kind of ultra reality to such disturbing behavior. How cool is that  Shawn Eckardt (the bodyguard)?!

...and I see that as at 1/01/2020, i.e today,  "The Joker" is now on apple TV - I think I'll give that a crack tonight - looking forward to something "Bleak, violent, powerful; not your typical comic book movie"  and apologies in advance to all the shameful Robert Deniro haters on this thread!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

New on Netflix - Spenser confidential is a kinda fun action thriller with Mark Wahlberg, Winston Duke and Allan Arkin.  I enjoyed this one.

Also on Netflix - Extraction with Chris Hemsworth. I was really looking forward to this but turned if off half way through. it just didn't deliver.

18 hours ago, PeterW said:

New on Netflix - Spenser confidential is a kinda fun action thriller with Mark Wahlberg, Winston Duke and Allan Arkin.  I enjoyed this one.

Also on Netflix - Extraction with Chris Hemsworth. I was really looking forward to this but turned if off half way through. it just didn't deliver.

It was a computer game.

I watched "And two if by sea" yesterday, its a doco on surfing's Hobgood twin brothers.

Very entertaining watch especially if you like surfing. 

Edit: its on Amazon 

19 hours ago, PeterW said:

Was a very crap movie. After 10 minutes I said...how does this guy get acting jobs (Chris Hemsworth). Watch the movie and you'll see what I mean. Even the movie reviewers gave is a borderline 2/5. And said the only thing that save it was the amount of killing scenes.

Then go and watch '6 Underground" with Ryan Reynolds. Excellent movie.

We tried to watch Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and The Gentlemen recently.  We got about the point where Sharon Tate goes to some party before we turned it off, I guess about 30mins in.  I told my wife there was still 2 hours left and she pulled the pin.  We got half way through the gentlemen when we did the same.  

Watched Parasite... Was a good movie with an interesting storyline but hardly mind blowing, cheap production and acting was like a telly movie, not sure it deserves 4 Academy awards. Maybe it's just that the bar is set so low these days.. 

On 26/04/2020 at 12:03 PM, PeterW said:

People disagree. 

7 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Then go and watch '6 Underground" with Ryan Reynolds. Excellent movie.

6 underground was a terrible movie. the opening scene was ok but went for too long. Its a typical Micheal Bay film with too many unnecessary explosions.

19 hours ago, Limited said:

6 underground was a terrible movie. the opening scene was ok but went for too long. Its a typical Micheal Bay film with too many unnecessary explosions.

I tend to agree, but to be fair, it was still way better than extraction and, for the record, there is no such thing as "too many unnecessary explosions" !!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Limited said:

Really.... am surprised. It was ranked number 2 on IMDB's top 50 movies at present. For me Ryan Reynolds is likeable where as.... has anyone ver seen a good movie with Chris Hemsworth in it. And please...... noone say....what about the Marvel franchise. 

18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Star Trek.

Maybe because he died right at the start. :)

Was he wearing a red shirt?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Really.... am surprised. It was ranked number 2 on IMDB's top 50 movies at present. For me Ryan Reynolds is likeable where as.... has anyone ver seen a good movie with Chris Hemsworth in it. And please...... noone say....what about the Marvel franchise. 

Oh yeah?! What about Ghostbusters 2016?! - There was outrage that his epic portrayal of "Kevin the receptionist" was snubbed by the Academy for best supporting actor....!

• Haha 1

I like Ryan Reynolds and he is about the only saving grace in the movie.

A good movie with Chris Hemsworth other than Avengers and Thor - Ragnarok is 12 strong

Edited by Limited
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our shopping centre team spoke to BCC the other day.  They won’t open here in qld until at least 100 persons and unfortunately you won’t see any blockbuster movies until the majority of cinemas open around the world as the studios don’t want to release on a small scale.  So not sure if we will see the new James Bond or Top Gun etc this year.  They will be show mainly the movies that were showing at the time the cinemas shut plus a few b grade movies. 

• 4 weeks later...

'Athlete A' is a very sobering doco on Netflix about the astonishingly widespread abuse and cover-ups by USA Gymnastics regarding the treatment of their female athletes - many of them Olympic medalists from Rio and recent events. They touched on the Romanian regime that made Nadia Comaneci into the super athlete that she was. A very worthy watch.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That'd have to be Entourage wouldn't it?

Yep.  Watched all 8 series plus the movie over the last few weeks.  

still a ripping show.  One of the best. 

29 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yep.  Watched all 8 series plus the movie over the last few weeks.  

still a ripping show.  One of the best. 

Ari Gold is my favourite. I have the whole series and the movie also. Having Mark Wahlberg as the producer and bring about the movie industry probably helps lining up all those cameo extras

Edited by Mike Del
On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, Limited said:

I like Ryan Reynolds and he is about the only saving grace in the movie.

A good movie with Chris Hemsworth other than Avengers and Thor - Ragnarok is 12 strong

I watched 12 Strong - equally as bad as Extraction.

Also watched this oldie about the GFC and sub prime loans disaster.

The Big Short.

Good cast; Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Steve Carrell who is excellent.

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 2
On 04/07/2020 at 4:43 PM, IronmanFoz said:

Also watched this oldie about the GFC and sub prime loans disaster.

The Big Short.

Good cast; Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Steve Carrell who is excellent.

Just watched this again on the weekend. Quality

1 hour ago, Ayto said:

Just watched this again on the weekend. Quality

I will never forget the meaning of "sub prime" after the bubble bath cameo from Margot Robbie....💕

• Like 1

I watched The Joker on Amazon last week. (Father's Day present).  

I thought on the  one hand, it was a brilliantly acted film and very good. On the other, it wasn't anything like I was expecting and didn't really seem anywhere near as dark as I'd been led to believe, I found it disappointing.

It was a film that never really got out of 2nd gear for me.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I watched The Joker on Amazon last week. (Father's Day present).  

I thought on the  one hand, it was a brilliantly acted film and very good. On the other, it wasn't anything like I was expecting and didn't really seem anywhere near as dark as I'd been led to believe, I found it disappointing.

It was a film that never really got out of 2nd gear for me.

Yes, I agree - I expected the joker to turn out to be an evil, demented genius but this guy, whilst evil and demented, didn't really seem to hold the genius card...?!

• Like 1

I feel kinda the same as you.  It didn't do that much for me.  Saying that, I could see this joker progressing in time to become heath Ledger's joker.

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I feel kinda the same as you.  It didn't do that much for me.  Saying that, I could see this joker progressing in time to become heath Ledger's joker.

Well that's another thing. How old is he in this film, 40?  By the time Bruce Wayne grew up, he'd be in his 60s. 

Yeah, get that that.  It's just you have all these DC movies and tv shows that kinda don't really seem to relate to each other.  So like the joker from suicide squad is just off the planet compared to others.  I just thought at least I could see this joker having some relationship to the other joker.