Tour Down Under - Trannies Ride

I was thinking about doing a Trannies TDU ride this year.

Sunday morning before the Peoples Choice Crit meet in the city early then head to the hills for 50kmish ride then back to a coffee shop for coffee/breakfast.

Sunday morning before the last stage meet in the city & then a recovery ride a long the coast. Then back to a coffee shop for coffee/breakfast.

I'm working during the week but can recommend local rides, bakery's, coffee shops etc.

• Like 1

Don't tell me no Stirling stage. I'm taking that day off. Willunga from my place?

Not sure re: Stirling working on a major project at the moment. Worked the entire Christmas break & probably tomorrow to get in advanced.

I'm working at the Willunga stage this year so won't be able to ride down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm arriving on the 19th and flying out on the 26th. Have a group of friends going. Apparently the plan is to ride each morning then watch the Tour on TV at a local pub or wherever it's showing, except for a couple of days of wineries tours.

This is the proposed ride itinerary so far:

Leaving North Terrace at 7am most days...

Tue 20th Gumeracha via Campbelltown

Wed 21st Stirling

Thu 22nd Corkscrew Hill via Blackhill conservation park

Fri 23rd Maybe Glenelg via city beaches

Sat 24th 9am start to Wilunga Hill to watch Stage 5

Sun25th TBC

If anyone wanted to join us I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind. There will be approximately 5 to 7 riders each day, except maybe Tuesday might be less.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions regarding the rides local knowledge would be good.

Haven't been to Adelaide for about 15 years so really looking forward to it and catching up with a couple of friends over there.

Kylee :)

• Like 1

Anyone going to ride Stage 4 on Friday the 23rd?

I only registered as a mate of mine was planning on coming over from Perth with his bike and wanted to do it. Now he has bailed.

Anyway, it'll be nice to have a fully catered training ride on closed roads.

I'll be leaving from Whitmore Square and riding down to the bay for the start. Finish is in Mt Barker and then ride back to the CBD.

Will be about 210km. Good day in the saddle.

Y'all welcome to join me

I'm arriving on the 19th and flying out on the 26th. Have a group of friends going. Apparently the plan is to ride each morning then watch the Tour on TV at a local pub or wherever it's showing, except for a couple of days of wineries tours.

This is the proposed ride itinerary so far:

Leaving North Terrace at 7am most days...

Tue 20th Gumeracha via Campbelltown

Wed 21st Stirling

Thu 22nd Corkscrew Hill via Blackhill conservation park

Fri 23rd Maybe Glenelg via city beaches

Sat 24th 9am start to Wilunga Hill to watch Stage 5

Sun25th TBC

If anyone wanted to join us I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind. There will be approximately 5 to 7 riders each day, except maybe Tuesday might be less.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions regarding the rides local knowledge would be good.

Haven't been to Adelaide for about 15 years so really looking forward to it and catching up with a couple of friends over there.

Kylee :)

Thanks Kylee,

I'm heading over this week. Am keen to join a group for at least 20th and 21st. Where in North Terrace are you leaving from?

I'm staying with my parents in Evandale (about 4km out from CBD). I grew up in Adelaide and a have a reasonable sense of direction, and rough working knowledge of good riding routes.

Will send you a PM with my contact details.

cheers,

Belinda