The good news thread

On 04/01/2021 at 11:04 PM, FatPom said:

My new hex and torx keys have arrived 😎

5c8efa4614a2732e87bc8edfd23388fa9c1a0f59_2_562x750.jpeg

How long before the 4mm hex key mysteriously disappears? It's never the ones at either end of the range which never seem to get used anyway.  Perhaps they should dump those and put in 2x4mm and 2x5mm instead?? 😄

• Haha 1
  • Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got called into the managers office at the start of night shift, shook my hand and said well done, if you want it you will now be a full time employee at Rio Tinto starting 1/3/20.     said I

Just heard from a company I had a 2nd interview with last week.  They are progressing to offer stage. 😃

I got released back into the care of my gp today and no longer in the care of the mental health dept at the hospital - it’s been a long road but am now seeing good progress.  Can change at any time of

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, truck said:

How long before the 4mm hex key mysteriously disappears? It's never the ones at either end of the range which never seem to get used anyway.  Perhaps they should dump those and put in 2x4mm and 2x5mm instead?? 😄

Or just a case of 10*4mm and 10*5mm hex keys.  

Personally I have a stack of both 4mm and 5mm keys from all the Ikea stuff my wife keeps buying.  🙄

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, truck said:

It goes down to 1.5mm which i don't have a use for but 2 and 2.5 get used on some wheels and the Magura brakes on the P3.  I have other hex keys and driver sets anyway but waned to see what all the Silca fuss was about.

I had a Silca pump years ago and it was very good but that was pre American takeover.

7 hours ago, truck said:

The better half still laments how the 4mm went missing from her set probably the day her sister and i built her furniture whilst she was at work...

It may have accidentally ended up in the rubbish pile 🤷‍♂️🤣

Edited by Shrek
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dalai said:

I've wanted to paddle the Snowy River since I was young but the stars never aligned. Then just before Christmas a friend mentioned he and some friends were going.

As I didn't know if I will go again I wanted to paddle a kayak rather than inflatable and hired one from Canoes Plus. White water kayaks sure have changed from when I owned mine in the 90's!

86km on the river, over 100 rapids and 4 nights spent camping on the way. Stunning country with only a few access points really added to the adventure!

f47562ae5ec63fd311672a592b7e46c7.0.jpg

IMG_20210109_064557712.jpg

Sounds like just what the Doctor ordered. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Sounds like just what the Doctor ordered. 

Was great! Very likely going to buy a white water boat and get paddling again. Definitely though need to brush up on my eskimo roll first before getting out again... Navigated one of the bigger rapids upside down after failing to right myself!

Also got me to appreciate the amazing country we have so close to home here in Victoria and with so much I still haven't seen. Therefore already planning a 3 day hike around the southern loop of Wilsons Promontory; it's meant to be spectacular but another spot I've just never got around to.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Dalai said:

Was great! Very likely going to buy a white water boat and get paddling again. Definitely though need to brush up on my eskimo roll first before getting out again... Navigated one of the bigger rapids upside down after failing to right myself!

Also got me to appreciate the amazing country we have so close to home here in Victoria and with so much I still haven't seen. Therefore already planning a 3 day hike around the southern loop of Wilsons Promontory; it's meant to be spectacular but another spot I've just never got around to.

Love this. And makes me realise that I need to start working on all the adventures I’ve always wanted to take but didn’t.

• Like 2