Chrissie Wellington’s top ten lessons for triathletes

Interesting to note that she was apparently going to eat PASTA - the unholiest of unholy food group as universally agreed by the learned community of Transitions.

Maybe she wears the RealStarky "Gluten Tolerant" wrist band...

Edited by Arpit

I remember the Kona vid of the year she was leading, had a flat, was passed, had a CO2 thrown by fellow competitor and came back to pass all and win. Not so much for the physical dominance, but of the comments of Grainger and others before and even during the race about how much better she was. Had totally cowed them and secured mental dominance before the gun went off. She was an awesome, brutal competitor. Fairly sure that aspect of her personality didn't come from a needle.

It was easy to run up the hill without the weight of any real competition laying on you..........

A hill is a hill and if she ran it in great style, where the competition is is irrelevant.

Yes, I thought the article was great, good solid advice

Enough already.

This is what we are left with without the other crap.

Keep it on topic or get a holiday.

Yoyo, tried to PM you but cant. Your smart one liners my be in jest but you open the door for others to pick up the ball and run with it.

All my posts and this included is to either update you on what's happening in the tri world or to post topics and info that is aimed to help you.

Once a post becomes a slinging match and a accusation file then it starts to cause a theme many of us positively try to reply to. MENTAL HEALTH! What i mean by this is accusing someone as a cheat is not on. Having been called a cheat by a football coach in the VFL in the press and publicy it can cause major implications namely DEPRESSION.

Not that Chrissie will read our forum and comments but grow up and leave the jealously at home.

Cheers FB

• Like 2

Enough already.

This is what we are left with without the other crap.

Keep it on topic or get a holiday.

Yoyo, tried to PM you but cant. Your smart one liners my be in jest but you open the door for others to pick up the ball and run with it.

All forums are dictated by the people that have the highest post counts.....They set the theme, and the majority will just naturally follow.

Just look around at all forums in general....they are the people that can make or break a topic in an instant....which is precisely what happens here. For the mods, what sucks is when you get people who post a lot, have no real interest in genuinely keeping it on topic. That's a battle the mods will never win, you just have to hope that one day you'll have a regular poster that is genuinely interested in posting triathlon related posts. When that happens the quality of this forum will increase 10 fold.

There are plenty of cycling forums that achieve this and are great resource for anyone looking to improve their cycling. At same time there are cycling forums that are dictated by people that contribute very little to the value of that forum. Pick and choose

Fluro

Edited by fluro2au