Exploring Victoria

Currently I am away in Europe traveling for 3 months. I have come to realise now that I make have seen more of other countries then my own. Being a Victorian would like to start there.

With a plan to drive, camp, swim, bike, run, hike, eat and anything else I can think of during this trip... Would like to explore all the gems my home state has to offer.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where they think is a must see location? Could be for a variety of reasons, clear blue waters to swim in, great climb to ride up, nice place to walk around the national park, great regional town.

The Alpine area, Bright, Mt Beauty, Omeo etc with a bit of Kelly country thrown in - Beechworth, etc along with all the contemporary stuff like local produce and attractions. Can't beat it (especially if you bring your bike! :)).

The Alpine area, Bright, Mt Beauty, Omeo etc with a bit of Kelly country thrown in - Beechworth, etc along with all the contemporary stuff like local produce and attractions. Can't beat it (especially if you bring your bike! :)).

:-)

Cheers

Ivp

Cheers

Ivp

Yes, and if it isn't the greatest place to be over Summer it is awesome during the Winter too because of the Snow fields and everything that goes along with it. You are a lucky man, IP!

western side of vic (my side)

grampians if you've not been is good. arapiles is a bit boring - ok, lot boring.

daysleford area is nice too..

lorne ~ apollo bay excellent, and in the ottways south of colac

swan hill is worth a look.

stay clear of portland (its the country version of frankston)

warrnambool - port fairy - ok.

bendigo has some tough riding too.

east side.

cant go past bright/ falls/ alpine nat park.

lakes entrance is ok.

orbost will give you some nice hard rides too.

philip island

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Tassie will be done but over Easter.

High country - bright, buffalo, Omeo etc we do over Christmas New Years

Sounds like you should just stay n Europe then

Cheers

Ivp

I'm biased..

Bendigo, Mount macedon, Lancefield areas offers great riding. And nice little towns throughout the area if the other half wants to browse shops or stay at a B&B.

Great mountain biking and trail running also.

Plenty of 50m pools in Bendigo.

North of Geelong in the Brisbane ranges, near Steglitz, Maude also is good riding.

Plenty of good spots out further east too.

Jameison Licola Road is interesting and quiet, turn left out of Licola and stay anywhere along the river and ride (mountain bike) your way up into the mountains from there. Walk Moroka gorge for an adventure if you have the right gear.

Buchan is interesting for the caving if you don't mind dark, small spaces.

Walking around the Snowy River Area is nice.

Also plenty of rail trails in the region for running/riding.

Conor

• Like 1

Phillip Island is definitely beautiful.

Great Ocean Rd is also a must but the other side of the bay all the way into Western Port has some great riding if you take the good roads at good times, can be dangerous on some of the roads. If you have a cyclocross bike there are plenty of fun little dirt roads all around, including the Dandenongs.

Better make em pay $25 for a packet then

Cheers

Ivp

I honestly don't think they know how bad smoking is for them and everyone around them.

In Italy at the moment and while you can buy cigarets (struggle to find any warnings on the cartons) and alcohol for the same cost as a soft drink and buy them from a vending machine you will struggle to find a place to buy condoms... if you decide to go on without one or the ones you packed yourself before you trip fails, don't expect to be able to buy the morning after pill.... no pill exists in Italy