Ironman Australia 2015. Who's in?

It's all good Ironpo, really, probably a bit touchy anyway, it's been a hard couple of years.

I'm looking forward to doing a "clean" IM where I can focus on nothing but training. Thanks to ALL you guys for the inspiration!

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same. It's my own little personal stand.   For me there'll be no more entering 12 months out for pretty much anything, there's far too many other things able to be done.

I'm in!

Well thanks for the vote of confidence .......mate :-)   Regardless of the race my IM's have been the most special experiences of my life. - 2012 was for my father who was dying he passed away i

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in for my 1st IM... Hopefully I survive Challenge Forster (first half) on my way :D

Enjoy, it's a fantastic experience and Port seems like a great place to have it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Ballsy move signing up to first full before doing your first half. Have fun.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

Signed up for Pt Mac yonks ago. Just did first long course at Murray Man, will do first half distance at Challenge Melbourne.

Murray Man didn't hurt quite as much as expected so I figure IMOZ won't be that bad either.......

Nealo, looks like I will need to come up again and look after you during and after the the race. Then again, I an up there looking after ALL Trainnies.

FM

Most certainly.

You were a most welcome and needed face this year.

:sick:

nealo, I was trawling through some old posts and I think I noticed you did the Husky Long Course in build up to IMOZ on year? How'd that work out for you?

I was planning to do Challenge Forster but broke my collarbone in the lead up... missed my first half distance, was thinking of throwing Husky in there. Thoughts/recommendations?

nealo, I was trawling through some old posts and I think I noticed you did the Husky Long Course in build up to IMOZ on year? How'd that work out for you?

I was planning to do Challenge Forster but broke my collarbone in the lead up... missed my first half distance, was thinking of throwing Husky in there. Thoughts/recommendations?

I'm doing Husky and Challenge Batemans as lead in races. Husky will sell out early so book in early. Accommodation will also go!

I'm doing Husky and Challenge Batemans as lead in races. Husky will sell out early so book in early. Accommodation will also go!

Challenge Batemans Bay did catch my attention, but this would be my first half and then first full.. I think I'd want more than a month between the two being a newbie?

Challenge Batemans Bay did catch my attention, but this would be my first half and then first full.. I think I'd want more than a month between the two being a newbie?

Yeah doing Husky worked out great the last 2 years and I'll do it again this time.

I'm thinking Batemans Bay would be a bit close too.

• Like 1

I did Batemans and then Port Mac last year. Worked OK for me, but then I'm just a BOPer. I had my best ever run legs at both but had some bad luck on the bike at Batemans (broken chain) and physical issues on the bike at PM (disc/nerve/pain)