Xerri is only 19.

If he doesn’t **** up in the next 4 years (probably very good odds that he will though), he’ll make an NRL comeback in 2023 (assuming the ban is backdated). V’Landis will insist. Badda Bing.

No other sport is likely to touch him. The corporate damage for either NFL or MBL (assuming that either would be even remotely interested without the drug bust) would be too much. Rugby (via the Sevens) is an Olympic sport. No way that they’d touch him.

If the reputation always damage issue was still too much in 2023 for the NRL - he’ll likely get a gig playing super league for Paris (may not qualify for a work visa on character grounds for a UK based team), before switching back to the NRL when things blow over. 

The reality is that most NRL players have only 12-15 years at the top because of the accumulated damage from playing this contact sport. It probably doesn’t matter if Xerri plays from 18/19 to 34 or has a 4 year break. He’d still be able to get those 15 or so seasons out of his body, even if it means retiring at 36-38. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daughter says bollocks to all you Sharkie haters 😆  

I think it's only fair to expel the Sharks and remove them from the record books, Lance style.  

Perhaps he meant 'Flanagan by proxy.  Like last time'

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Parkside said:

It’s behind a poo wall.

let me guess, Christmas, bushfires, Covid. Lab techs have been fighting fires and on job keeper since November? 

It wasn’t for me.  Damn I should have screen shot it.  Sorry. 

basically its about Catching the suppliers. 

Either the family or the gym he trained at in off season. 

weidlers column in SMH outlines the no of independent tests the Sharks have done on him and all players, and they have all his high performance data going back to junior rep days, no significant jumps in strength or body composition from what I could see. The 22% jump in squat performance at one stage would probably be when they change kids over from front to back squatting

• Haha 1

Fox sports reporting 6 players have failed the temperature checks. 
they have failed 2 tests tonight. 

guessing it will be like taking water temps at a triathlon and they will be just under 37.2 on their 3rd time. 

time will tell. 

Beanies and headphones to blame apparently. Nerves, energy drinks or sitting in the sunny side of a bus could have been to blame.

My daughter was turned away from her knee surgery last week. Tested fine on entry to hospital, and on admission to her room. Saw surgeon and anaeshetist then taken to ante room where she lay for 10 mins waiting to get pre-med, got nervous and upset and then her temp measured 37.8. Third attempt it got to 37.6. 37.5 is the cutoff so she was sent home. Temp was perfect when she got home. This was after being scheduled originally for the day after the Covid elective surgery shutdown.

• Sad 1
27 minutes ago, Parkside said:

ACL skiing in Feb

40 + years of skiing and no ACL's for me.... I hear of lots.... I don't envy her at all.

I do however hope she gets well and the Op is 100% successful and she is back chasing verticals soon! Skiing is the best. 

I hope she knows a good Physio ;)

PS: Where did she do it?

Edited by IronmanFoz
Typo's
1 hour ago, Parkside said:

Blackcomb on a shitty home run and some idiot woman skied across her tips crossing them over. 2 days after I fractured and dislocated my shoulder

Ouch..... We were there 12 months prior. No injuries for me. Wife did a calf tear due to the exact same thing that happened to your daughter. And that was the first day. 

• 8 months later...

Really good podcast featuring one of jimbo's mates..... not real positive re PM. 

Fascinating what he states about the PM trying to kill the sharks and very amusing in 2021 when you see how he wraps himself in the club now....... says he is a good bloke though....lol   Guess the photo's of sco mo in bull dogs gear make sense now.

Ain't politics grand. 

Has all the drug stuff and great financial play to save the club with st george bank.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/789192

• Thanks 1
On 22/02/2021 at 8:50 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

Really good podcast featuring one of jimbo's mates..... not real positive re PM. 

Fascinating what he states about the PM trying to kill the sharks and very amusing in 2021 when you see how he wraps himself in the club now....... says he is a good bloke though....lol   Guess the photo's of sco mo in bull dogs gear make sense now.

Ain't politics grand. 

Has all the drug stuff and great financial play to save the club with st george bank.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/789192

Thanks for the heads up G, he is indeed a good mate of mine.  Will definitely give it a listen