lump on/near sit bone

Hi Guys,

Went out for my long ride today(170 clicks). after coming home and cooling down I noticed that I had a lump( it can be moved side to side and isn't really painful) right over my sit bone sort of right near the crease between your but and leg.

Im going to go see the doc but was wondering if anyone has experienced something like this before. Two weeks till my first half and 8 weeks till IM Melb so Im stressing out a touch!

Been there. I used a sterile needle and stabbed it. Squeezed old blood and puss until the lump decreased in size. Had to do it regularly to keep it under control. Helps to be super flexible. Stop riding for a while and it goes away. Sorry for the graphic images.

I was serious.

There's a first time for everything I suppose.*

*'Tis true though. He ended up doing the race without a saddle, inserting the seat post directly to relieve pressure. Never seen someone smiling so much coming off the bike and wanting to get straight back on.

I have one (in what sounds like exactly the same spot with the same movement etc) that appeared quite large all of a sudden probably 1.5cm across and it's pretty much round. It changes size and I suspect it has puss in it as I managed to get some out of it.

I don't think you have cancer.

I suspect a blocked sweat gland or something funky I don't understand.

In typical transitions fashion, let us know what your doctor says and I'll try the same treatment on mine but backyard style.

have a crack with some stuff called magnoplasm- looks like black tar- get it at pharmacy

put a big blog on with a plaster over the top change regularly and put a new lot on before bed etc

that stuff is pretty good for drawing out any evil under the skin

what you are experiencing is probably something that 99/100 regular bike riders eventually have to deal with

when its more under control revert to zinc cream- sudocream brand or similar

a lance/needle is your friend too- may also have to sacrifice a saddle and cut the foam away in the offending area until the spot heals- then go back to a regular saddle

There's a first time for everything I suppose.*

*'Tis true though. He ended up doing the race without a saddle, inserting the seat post directly to relieve pressure. Never seen someone smiling so much coming off the bike and wanting to get straight back on.

I still showed up & raced. Not like some other pussy.

• Like 1

After you think you've finally got rid of it, it will come back. It's at that point you need to squeeze hard enough to pop the pus sack out through the hole. Then rip away & it's gone forever. Be ready for a bit of blood at this point too.

The plus side of this method is next time you're racing & thinking you can't go any harder because of the pain, you can look back at that moment & realise how much more pain you really can stand.

Hang on a minute... It doesn't hurt or bother Clydesdale at all and yet most of you are recommending he conduct surgery on himself...?

See what the Dr says. I would shift to less(or none) cycling and more running and swimming for 3-4 days, it will probably go away and you won't have to stab yourself.

Hang on a minute... It doesn't hurt or bother Clydesdale at all and yet most of you are recommending he conduct surgery on himself...?

See what the Dr says. I would shift to less(or none) cycling and more running and swimming for 3-4 days, it will probably go away and you won't have to stab yourself.

You're no fun MM. :(

I still think it is a testicle

Def not a testicle............ They are still where they should be.

Doc said its just a bit of swelling over the sit bone. Its actually started to subside since Sat arvo.

Its def not a boil or anything that requires lancing. Thanks god.

No second opinion needed, you just need to cut it open and see what comes out. Commonly referred to as 'to heal with steel'

I did that. 10 years later and after routinely 'cleaning with steel' I found myself where I should have been the first time only the infection had spread up and in........it was nasty and needed to be operated on again a year later to clear more infection.

Never hurts to get another doc to have a look at something if you're not sure. Wish I had, my first doc told me to ignore my 'blocked pore' as well as it was nothing to worry about, he was very wrong.

No second opinion needed, you just need to cut it open and see what comes out. Commonly referred to as 'to heal with steel'

so should they stop cutting themselves when they reach the bone? what if bursa and hamstring tendon is the only thing in there. Perhaps the Dr had a better view (if that's possible?)a and couldn't see anything worth squeezing.

so should they stop cutting themselves when they reach the bone? what if bursa and hamstring tendon is the only thing in there. Perhaps the Dr had a better view (if that's possible?)a and couldn't see anything worth squeezing.

Nothing worth squeezing. Lump now totally goooone! thank god!