Triathlete on the m7 today

I won't mention the club but I saw a triathlete throw an empty gel packet into the grass, he also spat some sports drink out of his mouth onto the ground.

Should I report him to the police, asio or his Tri club president ?

• Like 1

Go to your nearest Catholic Church, find a priest and tell him. Seriously, Littering is good, it creates jobs, leads to wages, which leads to spending, which leads to our economy thriving. Everybody should litter but no glass bottles or wire as I get the shits when I get a flat.

The sports drink would have made some animals day and It can lie under a tree and live of the carbs rather than hunt another animal down, slaughter it then eat it raw.

I think you should publicly name them and thank them.

Edited by Oompa Loompa

I just drove home from in town, kudos to the dude in full TT rig, incl sperm hat and tri suit riding north on Gen Holmes drive thru Brighton endearing himself to the Greek community etc. Didn't catch the club uniform but hats off anyway.

and while we're at it, yesterday evening heading north into airport tunnel, solo road bike rider did a nice no look merge into the traffic, waving his right hand behind his back to signal his intention to change lanes into the first of 3 lanes moving at 80km/h without turning his head.

and while we're at it, yesterday evening heading north into airport tunnel, solo road bike rider did a nice no look merge into the traffic, waving his right hand behind his back to signal his intention to change lanes into the first of 3 lanes moving at 80km/h without turning his head.

Now that is special.

Re: the littering - I reckon you should report it to the race director of his next race and have him DQ'd before he starts.

I saw a guy riding on the road when there was a perfectly good cycle path parallel-ish with the road ... WTF? ... and we wonder why motorists hate us

Re: the littering - I reckon you should report it to the race director of his next race and have him DQ'd before he starts.

I saw a guy riding on the road when there was a perfectly good cycle path parallel-ish with the road ... WTF? ... and we wonder why motorists hate us

Cycle path or foot path? Roads are to be used by cyclists however of course should follow the road rules.

In regards to the littering you can contact the EPA however believer they deal with vehicles with registration. Could contact

Police or the person in charge at the club. However they may not necessarily still be with that club. I know of athletes who still wear club gear they are no longer with.

Spitting out Gatorade... I would spit it out as well

Footpath, but it's all the same to motorists who last rode their bikes as kids.

It's fair enough, and just because a rider is on a 100km TT doesn't mean he can take shortcuts along roads!

Pretty sure you can be fined for riding on the footpath in NSW

Littering - runners are the worst offenders. I regularly (or semi-regularly) run on paths used by runners doing the river loop in Brissie - at every major water tap there will be 4-5 (sometimes more) gel packets on the ground around the tap. usually there is a perfectly good bin within 5 m of said tap.

Littering - runners are the worst offenders. I regularly (or semi-regularly) run on paths used by runners doing the river loop in Brissie - at every major water tap there will be 4-5 (sometimes more) gel packets on the ground around the tap. usually there is a perfectly good bin within 5 m of said tap.

Probablythat southbank tri club mob, serious insects....

Most likely triathletes. Never actually seen a runner using a gel while training.

When just running, is a triathlete a triathlete, or a runner?

Prob depends on if theyre wearing either Nootuns or Gel Noosa Tri's...

Maybe this needs its own thread

Edited by yoyo
  • Like 1

Pretty sure you can be fined for riding on the footpath in NSW

Charles is in the ACT.

A few years ago, they reclassified all footpaths as 'shared use paths' so that it became legal for a cyclist to ride on footpaths, while still having the same law as NSW.

Therefore perfectly legal for a cyclist to be riding 'on the footpath' in the ACT

I believe accompanying a child under 12 is also legal in NSW, and statute over rides local government law, but the overzealous driven by revenue council ordinance inspectors will fine you to get their (factual work related) quotas up.

Didn't someone post here a little while ago, an exerpt from I think Vic road rules that you must use a bike lane/path if it is provided in the same direction? (as opposed to riding on the road)

smokers are the worst offenders