Poor ol Baggley

"I have to try and win people's trust back. I know it will be a slow process and I know I will cop a lot of flak,''he told News Corp late last year.

"People who criticised me, I have to accept that. I have betrayed people, I have let people down. All I ask is they recognise I am admitting my mistakes and have had a severe punishment for it and I am entitled to get on with my life.

"That's all I ask, (that) they keep an open mind. Give me an opportunity and see what I do with it.''

Ahhh, the penny just dropped! Nathan Baggely (sp?).

I thought you were talking about Ken for a moment! Can't imagine Ken cookin' up anything more than a BBQ... unless he's trying to emulate the feats of Walter White (Breaking Bad).

Dru is still inside but involved in this too , a few weeks ago Nathan Baggaley *bought * Gibbons surfcraft (unknown to me how or with who) at Currumbin , a useful purchase as it trades well AND has a bank account AND also the purchasing access to certain chemicals that you can do more that clean your resin soaked brushes in , it will be very interesting what the investigators uncover but one certainty is Nathan will be going away for a long time!

Edited by latman

Do people cooking speed really think they are smarter than everyone else?

With the additional factor of thinking they are a genius and have thought up a scheme or methodology no one else has tried and that they will never get caught as the plods are stupid, and will never get onto them. Which is funny.

Fairly standard garden variety egomaniac/sociopathic behaviour.

.. hey Lats Ive only got two warning points you probably pissed someone off by being honest. Seems to be a problem here - honesty when it hurts someones precious feelings.

With the additional factor of thinking they are a genius and have thought up a scheme or methodology no one else has tried and that they will never get caught as the plods are stupid, and will never get onto them. Which is funny.

Fairly standard garden variety egomaniac/sociopathic behaviour.

.. hey Lats Ive only got two warning points you probably pissed someone off by being honest. Seems to be a problem here - honesty when it hurts someones precious feelings.

I see what you are saying, knew a guy back in the 90s who walked around with $10k in cash in his wallet and carried on as if he was Al Pacino, thought the plods were stupid, they were not just had bigger fish to fry, eventually it all came down

Do people cooking speed really think they are smarter than everyone else?

Plenty produce and sell illegal gear but only a very few are smart enough to check the ego and not get greedy. It's the ego that sinks ships. So to speak...

I thought it was loose lips?

You betcha it is.... they cant help talking it up and showing off their wealth. Very few drug dealers know drive Commodores or know how to do 'tastefully understated'...

Hey just get out of prison pony up the cash to buy a business? No worries. I wonder where the money came from? haha.

• 6 years later...

I thought this thread was going to be about Ken Baggs, then I clicked on it to see Peter's link about a massive cocaine haul and thought "WTF!!!" :shocking:

Always thought Ken showed a remarkable amount of stamina, late into the night on race day.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Haha 6
  • roxii changed the title to Poor ol Baggley