Jordan Rapp - Hit by Car

Not good the be hit , but good to hear things weren't worse.

I've ridden the pacific coast highway from Vancouver all the way down to California and felt the roads and drivers were much safer and more curtious there than here. In fact, for any one else who did Cairns IM and did a pre ride on that highway out to knob or anywhere else - much scarrier than anywhere on the pacific coast highway.

Qld outside of the sunny coast can be pretty awful for cycling.

Id agree with you about the pacific coast highway, only done LA to venturer but motorists were great.

You should try riding in Sydney!!

I don't get out much anymore as my ex works offshore and I won't leave the kids alone to go cycling because you just don't know what is going to happen.

Sunday I was able to go out with my bunch. Only about 8 or so of us. Usually we ride into the city from the Shire but everyone must have been a bit tired because we turned at the Airport and headed home. We went the usual way around Dolls Point. I got dropped / didn't try to keep up around the last bit nearing the bridge as I'm not very fit at the moment, so by the time we got to the lights to turn left to go over Captain Cook Bridge there was just me and one other guy. The lights turned green and we went. About 20 to 30m down the road there was screeching tyres and I was sure we were going to get run over. Luckily we didn't. Not sure how the guy didn't see us as the road is straight at that section.

Anyway, kept glancing around thinking he would go around us but he didn't. Despite there being very little traffic on the road and plenty of opportunities to go around he sat there behind us and kept revving up closer then dropping back. I was getting pretty scared at this point. He yelled at us to get his rego he didn't care. We usually turn left at the end of the bridge and get off the main road. Thought this guy would go straight ahead but he didn't. At this point the we regrouped and we told the rest of our bunch what had happened. The car was still following us so we pulled over and he finally went around. That wasn't the end of it though.

We turned left into a long straight road and he was waiting there for us. He was sitting behind a bus and when he saw us he pulled out and then swerved at us then finally went away.

Not one person yelled at him or did anything antagonistic at all. There was absolutely no motivation for this guy to behave like this other than he was a complete lunatic.

I didn't report it. Am still deciding whether it is worth it or not.

Not fun.

Kylee

Kal - I think you should report it if you have rego etc - almost looks like a "attempt to grievous bodily harm" case if not "attempt to murder" case to me - planned and premeditated - I would have called the police on the spot..

Kal - I think you should report it if you have rego etc - almost looks like a "attempt to grievous bodily harm" case if not "attempt to murder" case to me - planned and premeditated - I would have called the police on the spot..

I wanted to go straight to the police but I think the guys thought I was over reacting a bit. Then the discussion was whether it would make any difference anyway. Think I'll call in and see them after work today. Can't hurt I guess. ACT plates though so may not be a local.