2013 F1 thread

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah twice - 2010 and 2012

I stumbled on the last 2 min of Q3.

Interesting to see if the Mercedes can control the race from 1 & 2.

I think they will give it a good shot, if they can both hold off vettel on first lap then it is a tricky place to pass, one of them might come off on top.

Such a game of holding station at the front with some kamikaze shit around 6-10 th and some just mind boggling stuff further back.

90%+ of the front of the race was tyre preservation.

Lewis was grumpy.

Vettel was grumpy - even with 1 lap to go his pit was up him for doing a fast lap!

I probably would be too.

Sweeping round for large parts of the race at 5 s slower than Qualifying pace.

It's just not racing at the moment.

Kimi not happy with S Perez

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/formula-one/kimi-raikkonen-is-none-to-happy-with-sergio-perez-after-the-pair-clashed-in-the-monaco-grand-prix/story-e6frf3zl-1226651311043#.UaMY60A3CSo

The commentators were defending Perez last night, but I think he's just being reckless.

Bombing down the inside and expecting the other driver to get out of the way defies logic, especially when there is 1 racing line around the chicane.

Level or in front I can understand, but his front wheels were lucky to make mid car most times he did it.

He was barely level with Kimi's rear wheels.

I unplugged my DVR before my holiday so din't have this to watch. Tried to see it on BBC iPlayer but the HD kept killing my bandwidth. Did see it up until lap 28 and nothing had really happened up to that point.

Looks like I need to check the F1 sites!

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking race in Canada, Vettel ran away with it but the racing amongst the rest of the field was wheel banging action.

Very sorry to read about the marshall that lost his life just after the race had finished :(

Vettel was pretty awesome with the way he opened the gap to the rest and he even seemed to get a run of bad luck with back markers.

Bit worried JEV is starting to get on top of DR. Vegne seems to race better than DR. Would love to see DR get the Red Bull seat but reckon it will go to Kimi or JEV

Cant wait till sept - going to the Singapore GP, very excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one very dissappointed employee. He is taking LSL next year & following the GP circus through Europe and is an insane Webber Fan. He's hoping now that he'll be racing the LeMans 24hr so at least he'll get to see him there.

All action for the wrong reason at the start.

Agree Webber's drive was pretty good.

Hamilton's effort after his blowout was the drive of the day I reckon.

Edit: Oh and the fans cheering when Vettel's car stopped was classic. :D

Edited by Tyno

German director could have switched to Webber in the last lap as he made the final pass, but no.

I wonder what price you could have got for punting on Webber being 2nd at the first corner? :)