The Politics Thread

Its going to be interesting to see how much noise Fitzgibbon makes regarding protecting jobs vs protecting the environment

If he wants to get re-elected in his seat, I guess its going to be a lot of the former and very little of the later.

its going to be even more interesting as the next election grows closer just how much the unions speak out against Labor's climate change policies

Im sure Fitzgibbons move to the back bench will give Albo plenty of sleepless nights if Fitzgibbon continues to get air time in the media

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew #1

• Formerly known as BOTP II

• goughy

• IronJimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I typed something long but couldn’t be fucked. Yeah, I just think your head is so far up the “left bad” , “right good” black hole that you are incapable of any sort of meaningful discourse.   

Does it matter what the Gillard government thought? I'm not going to tell you how to debate your topics IJ, but you seem to be fixated on the politics rather than the problem. Sometimes things ha

Ironic that he waited till he was no longer a  politician to start being dignified and respectful. must be using that speech as a job interview 

Posted Images

On 12/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, IronJimbo said:

Nobody, at least until Albo loses an election 

Thanks Kev 👍

Dont be so sure.

If the ALP come to the conclusion that Albo is unelectable if Fitzgibbon starts to white-ant his leadership, then it only takes 60% of the caucas to change leaders (vs 75% for a sitting PM)

There is no way that Fitzgibbon is the only ALP sitting member that is concerned about still having a job the next time an election rolls around

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1920/Quick_Guides/PartyLeadershipChangesChallenges

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mr Tinman said:

Dont be so sure.

If the ALP come to the conclusion that Albo is unelectable if Fitzgibbon starts to white-ant his leadership, then it only takes 60% of the caucas to change leaders (vs 75% for a sitting PM)

There is no way that Fitzgibbon is the only ALP sitting member that is concerned about still having a job the next time an election rolls around

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1920/Quick_Guides/PartyLeadershipChangesChallenges

True

I think Albo is doing a wonderful job as opposition leader though, and I'd be happy for him to keep that position for many years to come