Noosa Tri 2013

Next year is 29 years since I did my first Tri..and I still haven't done Noosa (which is weird cause even though it's changed so much its been one of my fav places over all that time)

Well ... I just entered for 2013... its a long way off ..sure I will find one way or another to avoid it ... but the not being to able to enter excuse is gone!

Thanks TA and USM :-)

Edited by Mjainoz

Had a great time racing Noosa on Sunday.

On Monday, read on Noosa Multisport Festival Facebook site that priority would be given to TA members (NO DISCLAIMER ABOUT TIME LIMIT). So immediately joined TA and local tri-club (which i had been thinking about it for a while). Now i find out i had to be a member by Sunday!

Very poor form USM and TA... i know i'm not the only one who was slightly conned into getting TA membership!

Hopefully there will still be entries left on Tuesday, otherwise i'm going to have to do Murray Man Long Course or Shepp 70.3 instead...

Rant Over...

On the upside i've joined Mornington Peninsula Tri Club, so if anyone out there is a member down here... Hi! :)

EDIT: sent an email to TA and USM explaining situation, and was granted priority entry. THANKS TO BOTH TA & USM ON THE WAY THEY HANDLED IT. And thanks to the tranny who messaged me to email them!!

Edited by Timbo

:smile1: last did Noosa in 2009, was really intend on going in in 2013 as I use to love the course.. but I am getting my head around $240 for an OD race. I know it is the 'Noosa experience' etc. but having done Hervey Bay OD, Hell of the West, Emo's Ultimate ect, I am really trying to justify my 2hr 30min out around Noosa for $240. Considering accommodation, travel ect. :sleepy: I still have just under 24 hrs to decide.

Next year is 29 years since I did my first Tri..and I still haven't done Noosa (which is weird cause even though it's changed so much its been one of my fav places over all that time)

Well ... I just entered for 2013... its a long way off ..sure I will find one way or another to avoid it ... but the not being to able to enter excuse is gone!

Thanks TA and USM :-)

I'm in the same boat. First race in 84. Won the Family Teams event at Noosa 3 or 4 years in a row in those early years, turned up at 10 or 12 events to party hard, but never done the individual race.

Maybe next year?

I entered too. Now trying to book accommodation for the family only to be told minimum 5 nights everywhere..may pull out based on this as can only go for the weekend.

Not happy

PM me your budget and the nights you want. 2a plus 2c?

Do you want to be on Hastings?

I entered too. Now trying to book accommodation for the family only to be told minimum 5 nights everywhere..may pull out based on this as can only go for the weekend.

Not happy

I just stayed up there last weekend in a nice 3 bed apartment in Sunshine Beach. Originally only booked 2 nights then extended it to 3 but they were happy to just book 2. Only downside I guess it was a few K south but still if you're prepared to drive 5 mins to get into Hastings St let me know and I'll PM you the details.

Not happy

Check further down the coast.

We stayed at Coolum.

Only ran into one trannie last weekend, disappointed (not with oscarjane, who I know, but I like to catch up with more since I know so few). I did get a 'go trannie' from a spectator while on the run. One of these years I'll turn up to the right race when a lot of you are there.

We stayed 2/3's of the way up the hill from hastings street. Bitch of a walk with the bike after the race, but at least we had no driving all weekend. My mate booked it online for 3 nights, then a few weeks later they contacted him telling him it was a 4 night minimum that weekend. He was just about ready to go to small claims or whatever when they decided to let it go. It was the principle of it that erked him.

Only ran into one trannie last weekend, disappointed (not with oscarjane, who I know, but I like to catch up with more since I know so few). I did get a 'go trannie' from a spectator while on the run. One of these years I'll turn up to the right race when a lot of you are there.

So lucky you put that in.Hope you guys had a great time

From what was a crap Saturday ending with me wandering aimlessly round Noosa etc for a few hours, I had the best most fun Sunday morning. No pressure, no hrm, no computer on bike, nothing. Just had a fun morning dragging my mate round. Needed it.

• Like 2

Very poor form USM and TA... i know i'm not the only one who was slightly conned into getting TA membership!

Timbo, it was there in the post race newsletter from USM, which hit my mailbox on Wednesday.

"Please note, priority TA opening is only applicable to those members who joined TA prior to 9am Monday 5th November. "

I'm sure I read about a limited number of early entry TA slots somewhere, but cannot find that now. The text has probably been replaced by now closed.

OscarJane, I was the one shouting out to you on the bridge near the finish line. I had my Tranny hat on all weekend and didn't see any others, other than the Tranny's that already knew me.

I took advantage of the Priority entry window and have registered for Noosa 2013 after having a ball at my first last weekend. However, I do feel for some of the TA members who still missed out on gaining an entry.

I think the TA announcement was / is a little misleading in that, I read it that there would be a 24 hour window for TA members only to register after which registrations for the general public would be for the following week. What it didnt say (and please correct me if I am wrong) that the 24 hour priority window was actually limited to a pre-determined number of TA slots.

Now I applaud TA for providing this priority window, but it should also be upfront about whether or not the priority window means that all TA members can register or that there will be limited spots available for TA members to register. It's either one or the other, in my opinion any TA members who then found themselves missing out on a spot before the 24 hour window was up have the right to feel peeved off not knowing that there were limited number of spots in the first place.

Again, if i have read the TA announcement wrong, then please feel free to correct me.

Edited by swanny

Timbo, it was there in the post race newsletter from USM, which hit my mailbox on Wednesday.

"Please note, priority TA opening is only applicable to those members who joined TA prior to 9am Monday 5th November. "

iFoz,

i didn't read my emails while i was away, just was the Facebook post which was on Monday (already too late to join as it turns out) so i joined then.

Anyway, to update.

I wrote an email to TA and USM explaining the situation, stating what i read when and when i joined etc...

TA went in to bat on my (and others, as it understand it) behalf, and USM have allowed us priority entry.

So thanks to TA and USM!

EDIT: Also thanks to the tranny who told me to email TA!

Edited by Timbo

It seems there is still many people prepared to pay a ridiculous amount of money to USM, sold out.

I enjoy the weekend, so I am one of them.

Same same. Much as I enjoy it, I wouldn't call triathlon a priority sport for me (much more of a runner), but it is such a great weekend I'm pretty much hooked now. SWMBO and I were there Thursday to Monday this year and it was great to see the build up.

Apart from initial difficulties getting on with the tablet until about 9:15 (guess they had a site crash), got through the sign up process pretty easily.

Might stay at Sunshine Beach this year rather than the traditional Noosaville.

Hey Guys,

Trainsition newbie here so play nice :)

After years of corporate BRW's and USM enticer's have bitten the bullet to complete my first Noosa in 2013 in under 3 hrs.

Only problem apart from the obvious (12 months of training, finding accomodation and actually completing the course) have been waitlisted :(

Do any of those with years experience know what sort of drop out rate or chance i have of actually getting a start?

Do you need to know someone that is going to pull out and notify USM / TA that you have found someones place to take or is it a genuine lottery?

Cheers in advance

Hey Guys,

Trainsition newbie here so play nice :)

After years of corporate BRW's and USM enticer's have bitten the bullet to complete my first Noosa in 2013 in under 3 hrs.

Only problem apart from the obvious (12 months of training, finding accomodation and actually completing the course) have been waitlisted :(

Do any of those with years experience know what sort of drop out rate or chance i have of actually getting a start?

Do you need to know someone that is going to pull out and notify USM / TA that you have found someones place to take or is it a genuine lottery?

Cheers in advance

There will be spots released to the wait for a veriety of reasons list eg: xx spots are held aside for "Legends Club" members who have until march 2013 to accept (& pay for) their places.

And re all the accom posts - you should see how many ccamper vans joined us in Noosa Woods on Sat night - no min nights booking :) (no hot water or aircon either)