2 x IM AG world champion busted for doping

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about you AP, but if a bloke is willing to defraud people peddling bullshit like this super-encoder shite, why wouldn't he also lie to you about other information?   I prefer to learn n

You know I like you TU, but sometimes you're so off the mark with your comments! Yes when in Australia, Mick's goal would be to win outright, but he would never be so arrogant as to suggest AG racing

A high hypocrite level is what you get from using EPO privately while publicly criticising the use of PED's isn't it?

I'd say Alex has pretty much done that already

No, he derailed himself by being a promoter of bullshit and having an utter credibility fail. I'm just the messenger.

The opportunity is there for him to explain his stuff, it will be interesting to see what sort of faith he has in it, and if he can explain the 'science' behind it.

There is no science. It's an affront to even use the word in this context.

No, he derailed himself by being a promoter of bullshit and having an utter credibility fail. I'm just the messenger.

There is no science. It's an affront to even use the word in this context.

He does use some big words, give him some credit Alex :P

fluro

Or we could just treat him like we do AP and acknowledge that in spite of being a bit of a crank there is some good knowledge to be gleaned and we're all smart enough to sort the fly shit from the pepper.

Whilst AP does go on some very obvious fishing trips on here, I think the main difference is that despite having some pretty alternative views on wellness and treatments, he does AFAIK partake in them and seems to genuinely believe in their benefits . I find it hard to believe that BG could have any faith that there are any benefits of some of the stuff he's selling, despite what he might write.

And unfortunately TUv5.0 derails an opportunity to confront this guy with some telling facts rather than just abusing him. As for TUv5.0's melodramatic swipes at me, I ask anyone to explain where I have ever called for anything like a death sentence or disembowelment for Lance Armstrong. Or ask them to show where I have done anything apart condemn Kevin Moats. Fending off the self-serving histrionics of drama queens like TUv5.0 on this forum is getting very tedious.

I'll post something in a minute about BHRT in relation to Moats but unfortunately I suspect, since TUv5.0 has given Greenfield every justification not to respond, he won't.

Happy to raise your blood pressure a bit mate while lowering mine... as for Benny he appears to be purveying quackery on the scale of power balance bands so Im not hanging for a reply anyway... Ive already picked him as completely full of shit in my clueless opinion. Anyway Ive given myself a few self imposed holidays recently which seem to work and much better than throwing my toys out of the pram and de registering so maybe time for another huh? Ive got lots of other stuff to deal with anyway.

At risk of blowing smoke up his ar*e...I will vouch for Ben's credibility as a 12+ month listener to his podcasts (I was the one who pointed this thread to his interview with Mr. Moats). Ben knows his stuff on a wide, wide range of topics, nutrition in particular. So take the pi** out of him if you like, but realise that he is knowledgeable and a pretty good athlete, also.

Ben will appear on 10 Q's within a few days.

:lol:

Put a fork in him, you're done Ben.

There is more than one school of thought on Ben Greenfield.

I'm probaby one of the first to call BS on Power Bands. But Ben didn't invent them, and 3 years ago they sold like hot cakes in Malls here in Asia.

Then 12 months ago they went cold as ice as sales dropped to zero.

So even if i call BS on the bands, I have no concern about the people promoting them or selling them. It's one of those marketing things which we see everyday, take it or leave it.

Anyway I'm saying Ben will probably appear on Ten Q's. And I'm requesting to minimise the rubbishing until that time.

Edited by kamalarrowsmith

Anyway I'm saying Ben will probably appear on Ten Q's. And I'm requesting to minimise the rubbishing until that time.

Hopefully Trev will treat it with the contempt it deserves and delete it!

Edited by C.C
  • Like 1
So even if i call BS on the bands, I have no concern about the people promoting them or selling them. It's one of those marketing things which we see everyday, take it or leave it.

You've got to be kidding. Are you aware of what happened down here with Powerbands? I'm sure someone will produce the exact process, but essentially the ACCC announced them as a giant con, ordered they be withdrawn from sale and (IIRC) even insisted on refunds if requested. It's not marketing, it's a con, and in that sense we should definitely be leaving it - I'm somewhat surprised you have no concern with people conning others.

As for 10 questions, I'm in agreement with the others. My feeling is it should be for trannies of good standing or notable people in the sport - not an opportunity for someone to spruik what most consider a dodgy product. If Ben wants to market his miracle bands he can do it on his own. If he wants to contribute to trannies as a member and offer advice or viewpoints on the sport or training I'd welcome his input.

we're all smart enough to sort the fly shit from the pepper
That's a bold statement :shy:

Hopefully Trev will treat it with the contempt it deserves and delete it!

He'll delight in giving it enough airtime to get everyone excited and then delete it :shocking:

• Like 1

FFS Kamal. Anyone selling or promoting PowerBands is a deliberate scammer, preying on the gullible idiots who haven't got the brains to see through the shite. It's ripping people off plain and simple.

Save the 10 questions for someone who has been on the site for longer than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm in two minds about this (10 questions with Ben.G) for the reasons a few have mentioned in posts above.

The balance band product stuff has been proved to be a rort with at least one of the companies having to admit they do nothing to meet any advertised claims. A Placebo only.

My personal opinion is those products are crap and a rort, but if you just want a 'pretty' bracelet I suppose they meet that task just fine.

(definition of 'pretty' is up to the eye of the beholder)

On the other hand as a coach and nutritional advocate etc. he may very well have some good advise.

He is only new to the site which makes the him the selection of K2's 10 question series an odd one.

He'll delight in giving it enough airtime to get everyone excited and then delete it :shocking:

K2, I think this means AP wants it for his own controversial amusement, perhaps he'd like an unedited warts and all version on his Tri forum site??

I've got no issue with the guy down at the 7/11 selling powerbands, or even Amart Allsports. They aren't promoting themselves as knowledgable in the field. Some-one like Ben should have been able to sort the sh!t from the chaffe before it gets to the consumer. If not, he either has no idea what he's doing, or he's a scam. Either way, he shouldn't be tolerated.

On the other hand as a coach and nutritional advocate etc. he may very well have some good advise.

How seriously are you going to take any advice from anyone who believes in Power Bands?? I would think anyone with any real qualifications and/ or advise would be doing themselves a great disservice by even being remotely associated with this sort of crap.

I've got no issue with the guy down at the 7/11 selling powerbands, or even Amart Allsports. They aren't promoting themselves as knowledgable in the field. Some-one like Ben should have been able to sort the sh!t from the chaffe before it gets to the consumer. If not, he either has no idea what he's doing, or he's a scam. Either way, he shouldn't be tolerated.

'Someone' ??? WTF? Who the f-k is this bloke anyway? Besides how can you take a bloke that has a photo that looks like the cover of Mad magazine seriously even if he isnt a snake oil salesman?

Anyway looks like he has pissed off with his tail between his legs and probably hopes no one googles him and comes up with this honest (not harsh) assessment of his alleged expertise.

Way too harsh all of the above.

As I recall I'm the instigator and creator have of the entire 10 Q's concept.

The only criteria that I go with is the consent of the chosen subject to appear. And no vetting or screening the questions. I have done my research reading 500 posts on Slowtwitch and listened to several podcasts. I remain neutral.

Hanging the interviewer out to dry is a typical Trannie response.

So what i feel is, if Ben consents to answer he's on. If we don't hear from him from now, some will draw their own conclusions.

Anyway if I was to undertake 10 Q's it will be with some element of trust between me and Ben. But I did tell him he's fair game if he replies.

• Like 1

Way too harsh all of the above.

The only criteria that I go with is the consent of the chosen subject to appear. And no vetting or screening the questions. I have done my research reading 500 posts on Slowtwitch and listened to several podcasts. I remain neutral.

Hanging the interviewer out to dry is a typical Trannie response.

So what i feel is, if Ben consents to answer he's on. If we don't hear from him from now, some will draw their own conclusions.

Anyway if I was to undertake 10 Q's it will be with some element of trust between me and Ben. But I did tell him he's fair game if he replies.

And it will likely be a waste of your time because after Trev receives a flood of complaints he'll probably do the right thing and bin it!

And it will likely be a waste of your time because after Trev receives a flood of complaints he'll probably do the right thing and bin it!

He wouldn't.

But BG appears to have done a runner for now.

Wow, just had a bit of a squizz at his site.

The products page looks like an assembly of products that even 4 am infomercials wouldnt try and sell you.

Its not a pisstake like that christian forum is it??

Oh and as for calling him a snake oil salesman, there actually is a link in there to snake ointment!

Once it's on a public forum it's open to anyone to contribute - Plaz came up with Biggest Loser but we still do it despite him being gone, Gimili came up with Tri-information posts to which I contributed a couple. I respectfully suggest you get over it.

I have done my research reading 500 posts on Slowtwitch and listened to several podcasts. I remain neutral.

I find this statement staggering. Perhaps you're not reading what everyone else is. Putting Ben's athletic prowess aside, I find it hard to believe anyone can honestly stay neutral towards the voodoo. I have the greatest respect for CEM so am willing to listen to him with regards Ben's knowledge, but the sideshow that goes along with it surely must be questioned. I doubt very much if the bands he is selling would be allowed to be sold here other than as a decorative bracelet.

Hanging the interviewer out to dry is a typical Trannie response. So what i feel is, if Ben consents to answer he's on. If we don't hear from him from now, some will draw their own conclusions. Anyway if I was to undertake 10 Q's it will be with some element of trust between me and Ben. But I did tell him he's fair game if he replies.

How exactly are you being hung out to dry? The guy has 6 posts and has arguably defended a drug cheat but you are falling over yourself to market him via 10 questions. A lot of people seem averse to letting someone use trannies to market a very questionable product. You just seem to be making an error of judgment by suggesting he be allowed to do so.

Wow, just had a bit of a squizz at his site.

The products page looks like an assembly of products that even 4 am infomercials wouldnt try and sell you.

Its not a pisstake like that christian forum is it??

Oh and as for calling him a snake oil salesman, there actually is a link in there to snake ointment!

Well Rox, he's out there making a living off that kind of stuff. So is it about him or about the customers.

He's also listed as an "elite" triathlete which might bear some scrutiny. Also as a coach, some documented results might be interesting.

Now those testomonial comment below, the one's that start "Thank Ben for introducing me to"..etc. They sound too good to be true..

Then the interviewer who keeps saying "that's really cool"

Once it's on a public forum it's open to anyone to contribute - Plaz came up with Biggest Loser but we still do it despite him being gone, Gimili came up with Tri-information posts to which I contributed a couple. I respectfully suggest you get over it.

I find this statement staggering. Perhaps you're not reading what everyone else is. Putting Ben's athletic prowess aside, I find it hard to believe anyone can honestly stay neutral towards the voodoo. I have the greatest respect for CEM so am willing to listen to him with regards Ben's knowledge, but the sideshow that goes along with it surely must be questioned. I doubt very much if the bands he is selling would be allowed to be sold here other than as a decorative bracelet.

How exactly are you being hung out to dry? The guy has 6 posts and has arguably defended a drug cheat but you are falling over yourself to market him via 10 questions. A lot of people seem averse to letting someone use trannies to market a very questionable product. You just seem to be making an error of judgment by suggesting he be allowed to do so.

If I was to interview him it is not to market him. And it's not to promote him. A proper interview would be from a neutral standpoint. The subject would "out" himself.

Tri Nube. I'm not sure how to isolate that quote.

"Once it's on a public forum it's open to anyone to contribute - Plaz came up with Biggest Loser but we still do it despite him being gone, Gimili came up with Tri-information posts to which I contributed a couple. I respectfully suggest you get over it"

Get over what? Ten Q's has lapsed for over 12 months.

And yes it's a public forum, but I am now being advised who I can/cannot interview.

Your comment is so Jabbs like it's almost as if you yourself are taking on some other personna.

I suggest you get over whatever is your own problem with it.

• Like 1

And yes it's a public forum, but I am now being advised who I can/cannot interview.

No, you're being advised that we would prefer that you did 10Qs on someone more relevant to this site. They bloke's a snake-oil salesman, has no interest in this site and already has a podcast for those who want to hear his views on stuff. Why the sudden desire to do the 10Qs on him?

No, you're being advised that we would prefer that you did 10Qs on someone more relevant to this site. They bloke's a snake-oil salesman, has no interest in this site and already has a podcast for those who want to hear his views on stuff. Why the sudden desire to do the 10Qs on him?

Right. When he appeared on the site and he was questioned immediately. He defended himself. So I asked him on the forum if he was willing to submit to Ten Q's...he replied that with a question.

Every other post on the subject has come off that first interaction.

Get over what? Ten Q's has lapsed for over 12 months.

From your original statement you seem to think that because you started it you're the only one who has a say. I'm just making the point that's not the case once it's on a public forum.

refer to Donncha's post above

Your comment is so Jabbs like it's almost as if you yourself are taking on some other personna.

Oh give it a break, sticks and stones...

Edited by trinube

I'm sure there will be no soft questions. Not sure I'm keen on them being added to the 10q thread. Will reserve judgment till after I've read them. I'm all for free speach.

One word of warning Ben. Don't lie. You will be found out.

I'm prepared to see what comes of it. As long as the questions are good & not anything like the type of interviewing that he showed with Moats. He also has to be prepared to discuss his responses with any further posts (reasonable questions, not just abuse).

Hey Kamal if you want to make it real then let people submit a question to ask - that way everyone will be happy. It still doesn't belong in 10 Questions though, just start a new thread.

I see Ben's reading so he still cares...

Hey Kamal if you want to make it real then let people submit a question to ask - that way everyone will be happy. It still doesn't belong in 10 Questions though, just start a new thread.

I see Ben's reading so he still cares...

Honestly Trinube, I don't know which way it's going to go.

I'm waiting to hear back from Ben, and as with any form of interview, there should be some kind of trust between the parties.

As for soft questions, nah, that's not my style. RS has hinted above, they wont be soft. As I have said, I have done my research, but new data keeps coming in. You would have to be a Med. Student to understand some of this stuff, but Ben has actually done Pre Med.

• Like 1
that way everyone will be happy

On this forum "everyone" will never be happy - you could put on free beer and some would complain that there's no spirits - so many whingers on here :scared:

On this forum "everyone" will never be happy - you could put on free beer and some would complain that there's no spirits - so many whingers on here :scared:

having a whinge about whingers... Hmmmm!

You copping a quid from this bloke?

25% of all sales outside the continental USA.

Lifetime supplies of Testosterone building supplements. The longer I live the more it pays.

And as a footnote Jabbs. I had a daughter born 2 days ago, I could use the extra dosh.