Hervey Bay 100 - 100 Days to go

If you and RS don't enter soon the only "wave" you'll see is from the competitors as they go past you sitting in the cafe because you missed out.

On Tues, how many starters?, might start a thread, for trannies, a Friday night meet up dinner?, and Sunday night meal and piss up -blinder!, anybody keen?,. could throw in a "Undie run" as well in the mix ? :smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

If you and RS don't enter soon the only "wave" you'll see is from the competitors as they go past you sitting in the cafe because you missed out.

I am In :smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

Yeah, saw that.

Although I was speaking to your mate RS this morning and he says he's out. So it looks like it might just have to be a Chuckie M vs Nick Croft smackdown. Are you up for it?

Nice, lets hope for a non wetsuit swim, rules are riding and running in the "Sluggo's" :smile1::smile1::smile1: . Until next time Mr Salad!

And now (according to facebook) I get a free hat :)

fBook

Special offer for Hundy competitors! - Enter HBT before 24th Novermber and visit the Trifun Events table at the event to claim a free 2XU running cap ....

What is the weather forcast like?

Edited by Tired

It's not flash, but I'm on a budget, so would the best western ambassador be close enough to transition to stay? Any other suggestions for low budgets?

Best Western Ambassador belongs to Infinit Jason (or his Dad, anyway). Nice place, might be fairly full. I know a lot of the Atlas guys are staying there. 1km from transition. Beachside Motor Inn is right next door (Golden Chain).

Closer to transition (right across the road) is the Sunseeker Motel. Pretty cheap, might be the best place for the budget conscious, unless you've got a camper or tent and want to stay in the Scarness Caravan Park right next to transition.

Do you have to rack bikes on Saturday ? Just trying to work out how late I can get to HB on the Saturday due to other things.

Bike racking is on Sunday morning, but rego will be Saturday afternoon (2pm - 6pm) in the park. Good chance to grab a feed and have a look at the little expo.

Full competitor info email will go out next Saturday, after entries close the night before.

There is a cracking field entered, with some of the top age groupers going around Qld at the moment, as well as some former champions and legends of the sport.

Water temp was 24.5 at 5am yesterday so it's looking like you'll be leaving the wetsuits at home.

Unusual to have event timetable on the website until a week before, makes it hard for some people to plan eg what time to get there on the Saturday if there is no rego info on the website and you are on a timetable.

Went out for a easy 60k the other day. It hurt like hell. Im i no condition to race.

I was thinking of doing the swim.

Downesy, any teams looking for a swimmer?

Not at this stage. We've got a couple of other swimmers looking to do a team.

We'll keep you in mind. You've got my number, give me a shout if you're going to come up anyway and we'll see what the situation is.

You could always come up and be a Hundy Hero: http://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1145103

Any gun swimmers out there looking for a nice 2km hitout?

We have a fast cyclist/runner that's looking for a good swimmer to make a team. Might have ambitions for a win, although we have Speedy Steve swimming and riding with a runner that was the first Aussie home at last year's NYC Marathon. They'll be hard to beat.

Contact Gaz at gary@awinya.com if you're interested. Entries close this Friday 16th November at midnight.