• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What can I say. I met him , got an autograph and had a 1 x 1 chat for a couple of minutes prior to the day. I was in heaven. Then I went downstairs to find my seat.   I walked down and wandered in

3 words - Prof Brian Cox. Anything he does is gold. Life in the Cosmos, life on earth, What is life ? I could listen to him for hours.   FM

Posted Images

On 16/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, -H- said:

Just finished it, wow.  Based on a true story 😞

I finished it - very worth the watch! But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. Not being critical, I love her performances and I think she totally deserves everything, but I just find it hard to see how an Australian gets chosen to play such a died-in-the-wool American character, especially when, I imagine, a lot of US borns would trying for the same part?

Then again, Meryl Streep played Lindy Chamberlain in the Evil Angels.... 😝 

15 hours ago, PeterW said:

But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. Not being critical, I love her performances and I think she totally deserves everything, but I just find it hard to see how an Australian gets chosen to play such a died-in-the-wool American character, especially when, I imagine, a lot of US borns would trying for the same part?

... 😝

She played a pom in a movie we watched last night and I wondered the same thing 

On 24/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, PeterW said:

I finished it - very worth the watch! But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. 

10 hours ago, -H- said:

She played a pom in a movie we watched last night and I wondered the same thing 

Because she’s a known and proven quality.  If you are wanting someone for a particular role and you can afford it you go with quality.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode of Unbelievable on the plane. I found it really slow moving. After all these recommendations I will have to watch the second episode to see if it is any better.

After 12 months of no Dr Who I am looking forward to seeing the new series. I will have to find a way to VPN to watch it or binge watch it when I get back to Oz in late January.

• 2 weeks later...

For the cat lovers out there 😎 Netflix "Don't F@#$k with Cats".  Might have to close your eyes once or twice, but is weirdly fascinating.  A gang of computer nerds and animal lovers use the power of the internet to try and track down a particularly sick individual who enjoys posting videos on killing kittens.

On 03/01/2020 at 3:06 AM, The Customer said:

Bake off with the Derry Girls was a hoot. If only all Bake offs were this authentic.

I saw the shorts of this and need to see it. 

Anyone any idea how to watch Channel 4 in Aus. 

• Like 1

It's probably been mentioned before, but I binged watched "When they see us" on Netflix - quite compelling.  Even "The Donald" gets a pasting in this one (What an A-hole!), not to mention the NY PD and the DPP.   I think a new analogy spawned from this show might be "as popular as Linda Fairstein" who is now the subject of much social media recrimination. Being portrayed by Felicity Huffman (who was forced to quit social media and pull down her parenting website after being roasted mercilessly over the college admissions cheating scandal) gives it another edge.

If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a watch, even if it takes you to some dark, depressing and scary places - but it might just change you for the better for having done so. 

Edited by PeterW
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved the first season of You but Season 2 is making me wonder if I'll bother - I'm currently re-watching Episode 2 because I slept through most of it, and it's still not really grabbing me

On 06/02/2020 at 11:59 AM, Peter said:

Started watching 

NETFLIX

jack Whitehall: Traveling with dad.

Easy watching. Amusing

They were filming this at Zephyr Horses at Byron Bay the other day when I took my daughter for a long promised first ride.  We kept getting shifted around to avoid getting accidentally filmed.  If you see this episode you may spot me lurking in the background somewhere.😀

• Haha 1
On 07/02/2020 at 12:12 PM, Cat Lady said:

They were filming this at Zephyr Horses at Byron Bay the other day when I took my daughter for a long promised first ride.  We kept getting shifted around to avoid getting accidentally filmed.  If you see this episode you may spot me lurking in the background somewhere.😀

Whitehall cracks me up. His stand-up show is on in Brisbane this Sat, wish I'd bought tickets now. My daughter and her friends are going.

Edited by Mike Del
  • 3 weeks later...

SBS on demand has a great (if not a little formulaic) series called "Project Bluebook" that is (loosely?) based on the USAF team responsible for getting on top of the UFO hysteria that swept across the USA in the late 50s and early 60s in the days of "red under the bed" and "duck and cover"

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2019 at 8:04 PM, Paul Every said:

I'm disappointed that Bluey is moving from 7:20pm to 8am. :sadwalk:

What kind of bullshit timeslot is that?

Season 2 is back.  I missed it this morning but apparently it was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll finish season 1 of Ozark tonight. Remembering how much I liked it. Got annoyed last night though when Charlotte goes out for a swim at night & panics. She's wearing a full length wetsuit, and sinks to the bottom. Geez!

18 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Did you notice that it was the guy with no legs that had the best teeth? Loco.

He actually seemed to be the most balanced out of all of them. His accident was horrific, he fell from a bungee jump, not a zip line, impaired himself on a spike!

• Sad 1

Finished watching the 2 seasons of Outsiders (US show set in Kentucky, not to be confused with similar titles from UK).  Think for those that liked Banshee or Justified, this will be something you'll enjoy.  Got cancelled after the second season - thought it deserved a longer run

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4816626/

MV5BMjAxNDYzNzM5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDA3

On 07/04/2020 at 3:50 PM, FatPom said:

We relented and watched Tiger King. 

Jesus Christ on a bike, what a train wreck.  One thing I did learn, dentists must do well out of reformed meth addicts!

I signed back up to Netflix after 3 years of being off the streaming services just to watch this show.