West Head Road Race this weekend

Galaxy.jpg

$10 bucks if you have your Cycling Australia Gold license or $30 for a day license + $10 race entry.

Who's in, what grade etc?

Also the website says 3 laps, is that right? http://www.manlywarr...alaxy/#more-417

C grade for me - let's see if I manage to stay with the bunch till the end this time!

Edited by Rog

does competing in an IM within a week allow a drop of grades? I am thinking C or D......

I'll come for sure but might still be a bit broken to race so I'll hang on your wheel Rog and wait for the hand sling....

Rog, it will be only A grade doing the 3 laps.

C & B will be 2 laps and D grade 1 lap.

This week is also the first round of the MWCC club champs so the numbers could be fairly high and it's a first in best dressed scenario up until race cap, 120 riders in total across the grades.

With the club champs they'll have the MWCC members into their own appropriate grade and other clubs (or day licences) grouped together in their respective grades.

race start times :

A Grade – 7:20am – Non Manly Riders

A Grade – 7:25am – Manly Riders

B Grade – 7:30am – Non Manly Riders

B Grade – 7:35am – Manly Riders

C Grade – 7:40am – Non Manly Riders

C Grade – 7:45am – Manly Riders

D Grade – 7:50am – Non Manly Riders

D Grade – 7:55am – Manly Riders

If in C or D grade don't dawdle to the sign on if numbers are high (as they have been) you could miss out.

Pee Pee there is no way that you will sign in for D Grade.

I still think you are strong enough for B grade even post race, but if you want to lower yourself you can ride C - but you won't collect prize money if you place.- so you will be working for Rog.

Field limit is stated at 120 - my maths might not be too good on the day, so hopefully everyone will get to race - but if the President thinks otherwise, it will be capped.

National Parks are really on the case at the moment.

• Like 1

hah, I'll race B or simply spectate but happy to work the Hincapie role for Rog if he'll step up.

The only way is up for this little bunny, I'll be A as soon as I have undone the damage that 42km Cairns stagger did to me.

Someone has a sense of humour...though I bet people have tried

Riders are to have a GOLD 2012 licence, otherwise they will be required to purchase a day licence. A silver licence surprisingly is not a gold licence and does not cover you for racing – if you have a silver licence – you have to purchase a one day licence. Audax licences require a one day licence. A drivers licence – requires a day licence.

Did anyone end up racing today? I got up, checked the weather and went back to bed. A bit bummed that I missed it but I'm just too soft to get out when the weather is as miserable as it was today.

Rog - 105 toughened riders raced today.

Trev picked up a 5th in B Grade, PeePee finished off the podium but seem to be doing a tonne of work and driving the pace.

Pretty good hit out, numbers probably done a little due to the weather.

• Like 1

Not a bad race this morning, pace was nothing special which meant a bigger group got over the final nasty hill/s.

5th place for me. Put me in the points for club champs and the jersey (it's all about the jersey ).

Please keep us posted on when and where you guys are going racing. Id love to come along and have a few turns on the front before popping.

West Head races or anywhere?

Starting to get a good handfull of trannies regularly at the West Head races.

Then there is the Sutho races at Loftus where you get a handfull from the shire areas. Assuming those guys are doing the sat arvo races?

Will what do you get?

Please keep us posted on when and where you guys are going racing. Id love to come along and have a few turns on the front before popping.

A good day out I decided to race C grade to gain some experience trying a few things. Still making too many tactical mistakes for my liking but at least in C is could make up for them. We were able to reduce the bunch down to about 8 on the last lap and finished out of the money in fourth.

Ratty the next one is on the 8th of July and it looks like it is starting from the Akuna Bay marina so adding a bit more distance and a good climb to start with. Come along it is always good racing with aggressive positive riders.

West head is a bit closer than the Shire and im not sure my passport allows me south of Tom Uglies.

Im working the night shift of the 7th July so will have to get an early mark from work to get to West head in time. Leave it with me, Ill make it so.