IM cancellation hat-trick record

Can i be elevated to the IM 'hall-of-fame' for 3 IM cancellations "back to back"?

IM Japan 2010

IM China 2011

IM NZ 2012

Anyone know if my sorry a$$ could get nominated/aligned next to mark Allen, Dave Scott, C Wellington, etc as the guy with the most IM cancellation under his belt? Maybe I could get sponsored by NRMA or something.

To all the 'jokers' out there beware, I will smile and grin to the tune of "S**t happens", Plenty comedians in Taupo before race day, soon as I found out cancellation I cracked up!

Melbourne in 2 weeks as a precaution, Plenty of jokers back then too when i signed up.

Never underestimate the 'silver-fox'... back training this morning, unfinished business if you know what I mean.

I'm getting hold of a telescopic fly-rod to take to NZ for my first IM next Jan. If it gets cancelled, not a complete waste, I can get stuck into the trout fishing for a week :smartarse:If you're doing Wanaka don't forget the fighter pilot museum!

Dear Guacamole,

Please don't enter Port 2013. I intend for this to be my one and only IM experience to celebrate (???) turning 40!

Yours sincerely,

KAM :)

• Like 1

If you're doing Wanaka don't forget the fighter pilot museum!

Oh yeah - doing that for sure.

Mrs T wants to go and see some flippin lame penguins too - got to drive 2.5 bloody hours to the east coast for that & the frickin things are only 30cm high (and blue apprently?). I told her there might be some seagulls on Lake Wanaka that were about 30cms high, could save us a trip :huh:

Oh shoot, that's right. AP says "Happy wife, happy life" :idea:

Edited by Thommo227

Thommo

From Wanaka a much better trip would be to head south to Te Anau and Milford Sound. Amazing part of the world!

Rog

• Like 2

it would be kinda funny if IM Melbs got cancelled as well...

no it wouldn't

:angry::twoguns::ban::bash::censored::chair::disgust::furious::fyou::gun_bandana::hammer::mad2::nono::thumbdown::sly:

(I obviously have too much time on my hands to find all the angry emoticons!)

Edited by The Turtle

Dear Guacamole,

Please don't enter Port 2013. I intend for this to be my one and only IM experience to celebrate (???) turning 40!

Yours sincerely,

Hey you doing the turning 40 IM thing too!

Mrs T wants to go and see some flippin lame penguins too - got to drive 2.5 bloody hours to the east coast for that & the frickin things are only 30cm high (and blue apprently?). I told her there might be some seagulls on Lake Wanaka that were about 30cms high, could save us a trip :huh:

Oh shoot, that's right. AP says "Happy wife, happy life" :idea:

You have plenty of time before Wanaka to take her out to dinner at Manly and spend some time watching the penguins that live under the ferry wharf. If you do that a couple of times, she might feel less enthusiastic about the 2.5 hour drive to see the little dudes doing their thing if she has seen it a few times previously.

Guac, three cancellations is rough.

I never race overseas without ensuring I have at least a couple of weeks holiday doing non-race stuff. If the race goes to pot for whatever reason, I never feel like I have done my dough. It also earns points on the Domestic Harmony Index. If the better half is just as excited about the trip away, everyone is a winner.

You have plenty of time before Wanaka to take her out to dinner at Manly and spend some time watching the penguins that live under the ferry wharf. If you do that a couple of times, she might feel less enthusiastic about the 2.5 hour drive to see the little dudes doing their thing if she has seen it a few times previously.

He'll have to drive a lot further than 2.5hrs to get to Manly to see the Penguins! :lol:

Dear Guacamole,

Yours sincerely,

Hey you doing the turning 40 IM thing too!

Wow you dont look anywhere near 40

Nealo! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm taking her on a cruise in June, you'd think that'd be worth a few brownie points. Might get lucky and see a penguin in New Caledonia or something. Might get even luckier and bump into Patrick Vernay, get a few free tips.

BTW as a Sharks supporter, I refuse on principle to spend a cent in Manly.

Edited by Thommo227

didn't you enter Korea also Guac?

No way mate! They offered entry into Korea but race organisers were feeding info in 'drips and drabs' on both so no way I wanted to go through the same nonsense. At least IM NZ had already a contingency plan. That been said all races should be 'forced' to adopt the same.

Not unless you pack your own. :smile1:

:lol::lol::lol: , you can't even take grog on the ship, wots the chance of getting a live penguin on there :wacko:

had a mate who did his PhD on penguins on the South Pole. kept them in a little enclosure next to his hut, stuck radio trackers on em and recorded where they went (down the gullet of a killer whale :shock: ). when he first got there, hadn't set up his fence, so put them in his hut, on one side blocked off with boxes etc. apparently they crap all over the place :sleepy: pumped the poor little buggers full of water to make em spew to see what they ate :shock: Bloody environmental scientists ;)