All things NRL

By taking the payout he might be able to secure an assistant coach job somewhere. Think most people appreciate there are bigger problems then the coach at the Broncos.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Broncos visited an orphanage in Brisbane today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” said Johnny, age 6.

I’ll just leave this here. 

Posted Images

Kevvie wil never get the job, the head honchos would have to admit they got it wrong with Siebold first, and just because Kevvie wants the job will be reason enough not to give it to him. Egos first, Courier Mail headlines and correct decision second.

32 minutes ago, oldave said:

Kevvie wil never get the job, the head honchos would have to admit they got it wrong with Siebold first, and just because Kevvie wants the job will be reason enough not to give it to him. Egos first, Courier Mail headlines and correct decision second.

Paul Green is still around looking for a new gig

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Hot tips are Kev Walters to take over next year.

I'm not convinced Kevvie can actually coach worth a damn, so he'd be perfect for the Broncos.

1 hour ago, oldave said:

The head honchos need to resign as well. Its  Was a horrible decision and has set the club back at least 5 years. Maybe more. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Merv said:

nice work doggies. Conspiracy theory is Bennett deliberately threw that game to position the Broncos for the wooden spoon😅

C'mon, don't take this one away from me. 

Mind you, I was still nervous we'd find a way to lose even after the final siren  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Merv said:

Watching the dogs with a lead is like watching a front rower who has taken a intercept and doesn't know what to do next🤣

I'm sure the boys didn't know what to do either, most games this year they have let in a try in the first 5 mins to be on the back foot from the get go. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Merv said:

Kevvie is a nice enough guy, got a feeling it might be Green.

Have the Walker brothers thrown their hat into the ring.  Very impressive coaching results in the Qld Intrust cup a few years ago. 

9 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Nobody ever remembers who the minor premiers are.

I'm sure Sharks fans had a good recollection of who the minor premiers were in a few years up till they finally won a real trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Damn the Storm must have slipped this ref a nice sweetner 🤦‍♂️

You realise the Ref has ruled no try to the Storm twice and been overruled by the bunker, plus awarded a try to Penrith which was overruled by the bunker.

The score now (half time) would be Storm 10 - Pen 6 off the refs whistle 

Edited by Mike Del
4 minutes ago, Merv said:

Panthers look like a pack of lambs. They had a great year before this.

Probably would have benefited from loosing a couple of games in the last few rounds. The aren’t use to being well behind on the score board. They don’t know how to cope with it

Edited by Mike Del
10 hours ago, Mike Del said:

You realise the Ref has ruled no try to the Storm twice and been overruled by the bunker, plus awarded a try to Penrith which was overruled by the bunker.

The score now (half time) would be Storm 10 - Pen 6 off the refs whistle 

Refs/bunker are the same to me. The bunker is beyond belief.  Even with the benefit of multiple slo mos they get it wrong way too often.

The Storm are the consummate champions of pushing the rules to the limit & slightly beyond yet getting away with it, especially in slowing down the play-the-ball.  The 2nd guy in the tackle will nearly always slide off over the back of the first guy in the tackle, making it look like he is using him to get up, but really just pushing him back down onto the tackled player & slowing the whole show to give the Storm more time defence re-set. The refs need to wake up to that.  The Panthers just jumped up off the tackled player way too fast.

And then there is the Storm Trainer coming on at critical moments to halt the play when the Storm are on the ropes......

Still, the highlight of the entire GF was Bellamy having a meltdown when the Panthers got back within 6 points, raging around the coaches box kicking over chairs 😄

So the Storm won the Grand final even though the ref tried to manage the Panthers back into the game. Good to see Cam Smith pick up yet another record during the game. Undoubtedly the greatest player the game has seen. The team is more than just one player and you can see that at the Storm. The club culture and training attitude provides the foundation for their performance on the field. No one is bigger than the team. How many discarded players come to the Storm and end up champion players and for some winning a grand final. 
The coach, Craig Bellamy, is the architect of all that the team does and achieves. He has built a club culture that will endure after he leaves. If you don’t understand why, have a look at who his assistants are. There’s a succession plan in place already. So the success of Sunday night is expected to be repeated again in the future. Not just by the fans, but by the playing group. How many other teams have that group self belief. 
They will be successful into the future much to the disgust of the cynical Sydney media, opposition fans and Gus Gould. The fact that Andrew Johns wanted his son to play for the Storm and no other club must really hurt all NSW fans. 
Go Storm!!

• Like 2

I thought the panthers got some bad calls in the first half but as you say, the ref tried to level it up with some bad calls to the storm later on.  

and once again the bunker stuffs it up. 

12 hours ago, Peter said:

I thought the panthers got some bad calls in the first half but as you say, the ref tried to level it up with some bad calls to the storm later on.  

and once again the bunker stuffs it up. 

That was pretty much my take on it.

Smith berated the ref for trying to make it an exciting ending by picking on the Storm in the 2nd half.

Still you can't deny, Smith is an epic player & how the Hell he avoided serious injury all those years is incredible.

10 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Still you can't deny, Smith is an epic player & how the Hell he avoided serious injury all those years is incredible.

Probably because he has played over 400 games and only run with the ball 6 times and been tackled twice. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 29/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

That was pretty much my take on it.

Smith berated the ref for trying to make it an exciting ending by picking on the Storm in the 2nd half.

He played with a cracked rib in the grand final. Remember that absolutely stunning try saver tackle he laid on during the semi final. Stopped the player inches from the try line. That’s when he cracked the rib. 

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

He played with a cracked rib in the grand final. Remember that absolutely stunning try saver tackle he laid on during the semi final. Stopped the player inches from the try line. That’s when he cracked the rib. 

I love how they make everything out to be so heroic without definition - I would suggest his cracked rib was actually a hair line crack at best. I have had a cracked rib whereby I couldn't get out of bed or breath without pain. I have also had a cracked rib from being cleaned up by a snowboarder and I still managed to ski for another 6 hours and then another 5 days straight. 

I have also had a fractured tibia and managed to walk around on it for a full day - albeit painfully and I have been for a long run and have had such sore feet I had trouble walking for the next few days without pain.

Each injury needs definition rather than making a generalisation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone follow league in NSW?

Nothing about the awesome series win again last night by the worst Queensland team ever. 

wayne Bennett is an amazing coach. 

Queensland win yet again. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Peter said:

Nothing about the awesome series win again last night by the worst Queensland team ever. 

Yep.  Great match.  Best match of the series by far.  Best part is that wild has blooded some new young stars and its NSW that we’re looking old and tired. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Peter said:

You may not have seen it but QLD refused permission for NSW to come up to QLD to train/acclimatise ahead of the match and so they were forced to fly in on the day.  Don't know about them but I know my running after even a short flight is pretty flat and I thought they looked jaded last night.  As Gladys pointed out, how could AP justify 50k in the stadium but refuse to let the team in 1-2 days ahead of time?

I've never really rated Munster but last night he was incredible. Caused NSW trouble every time he touched the ball. 

Aldo-Carr would of scored that try if he wasn't hit but don't think it should of been awarded a penalty try. NSW didn't deserve to win that game but it would of paid back a couple of games from the QLD winning streak where QLD won where they weren't the best team on the night but always found a way to win.

10 minutes ago, truck said:

You may not have seen it but QLD refused permission for NSW to come up to QLD to train/acclimatise ahead of the match and so they were forced to fly in on the day.  Don't know about them but I know my running after even a short flight is pretty flat and I thought they looked jaded last night.  As Gladys pointed out, how could AP justify 50k in the stadium but refuse to let the team in 1-2 days ahead of time?

They were permitted to come up earlier as long as they submitted a covid safe plan which they didn’t bother doing as Fittler said on the radio they were happy to fly up on game day. 

Edited by Mike Del
On 19/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, truck said:

Qld flew into Adelaide on game day for first game. Try another excuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

QLD played a good game, won the match and the series. NSW were in the game, or thereabouts, right to the end. The difference, attitude and belief. 
As long as NSW media keep letting Gallen shoot his mouth off, QLD won’t need to bother with any motivational speakers in the future. 

• Like 1