• Trek Speed Concept 9
    • Argon 18 E114
    • Pinarello FT3 Carbon
    • Wilier Cento Crono
    • Orbea Ordu
    • Scott Plasma
    • Cervelo P4
    • Other

Say money was not an issue, what would be your bike of choice?

Why, What makes it better than the other etc?

If not listed.. simply select Other and specify :lol:

Edited by skip9

Other... Ridley Dean, Campy 10 speed gearing

Classic and stealth, smooth as silk gearing, lovely lines and an innovative design.

Why? This is what I ride, bought when I was living another life.. just wish it would be better served by my cycling ability!!

Funny how people like the looks when they are probably the slowest bike as well as being the most expensive, proves you can always get a fool to part with their money, full of sharp edges and not tested in an independent tunnel to my knowledge.... and from reports rides like a piece of wet spaghetti. But hey it LOOKS cool and you can ride it around and have the most expensive bike...

A lot of the top end bikes are actually slower than their predecessors, the P3/P4 from my mail is a good example. Some time trial bikes out there are slower than diamond frame road bikes, but made to look good. Sorta like a piece of furniture. Form instead of function.

Oh and and the fastest bike is the one with the fastest motor sitting on top if it pedaling...

Funny how people like the looks when they are probably the slowest bike as well as being the most expensive, proves you can always get a fool to part with their money, full of sharp edges and not tested in an independent tunnel to my knowledge.... and from reports rides like a piece of wet spaghetti. But hey it LOOKS cool and you can ride it around and have the most expensive bike...

A lot of the top end bikes are actually slower than their predecessors, the P3/P4 from my mail is a good example. Some time trial bikes out there are slower than diamond frame road bikes, but made to look good. Sorta like a piece of furniture. Form instead of function.

Oh and and the fastest bike is the one with the fastest motor sitting on top if it pedaling...

Unless you're winning the race / AG, it is all about the look and the fun.

I have no idea how these bikes go but my choices would be:

Pearl Grace

Time

Cinelli (the one I currently ride)

Cannondale Slice

Blue Triad SL. Only because I've never seen anyone with one. I like to be different. Don't care if it's a fast or slow bike. The engine driving it only has a 1 cylinder 2 stroke engine. Have to have Di2.

Blue Triad SL. Only because I've never seen anyone with one. I like to be different. Don't care if it's a fast or slow bike. The engine driving it only has a 1 cylinder 2 stroke engine. Have to have Di2.

Andreas Raelert has one. http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/The_bikes_o..._2010_1759.html

Interesting thing in that article is Macca is the only guy without a powermeter of some description. (One guy didn't have a powermeter as such but a Garmin.) Macca doesn't even appear to have a computer.

The LOOK just looks awesome !!!! :lol: may be not as fast as it looks but just awesome!

but I recon the Speed concept with all the add ons is quite cool

What about the QR CD0.1 ?? they claim excellent wind tunnel results ??? any thoughts?

The LOOK just looks awesome !!!! :lol: may be not as fast as it looks but just awesome!

but I recon the Speed concept with all the add ons is quite cool

What about the QR CD0.1 ?? they claim excellent wind tunnel results ??? any thoughts?

Yup, get my 2011 frameset this week - can't wait to build it up.

Well - that's settled then - TUv5.0 has spoken (again) ..........I'm one of the biggest wankers on here!