Probably relative to how fit you are right now on your own personal scale and what kind/volume of training you have already been doing leading upto this point.

Stressing about increasing fitness this late in the game will likely be counterproductive, you might even drive yourself to illness/injury.

If your goose really is cooked (ie. you are WAAAYYYY underdone) then you might be better off focussing on technique in all 3 disciplines, trying to make yourself as efficient as possible. Technique and efficiency will be your friends when your fitness says adios in T2........

heaps... i did gold coast half couple of years back at 103kgs (ist sunday in October), by busso (1st sunday in December) was 97kg pre race (appreciate that is 8 weeks). no dieting, just training. dunno how fat you are but drop 6 or 7kgs through training you will go better and be fitter, did 10'55" odd cruising the last 4 or 5k on the run....

heaps... i did gold coast half couple of years back at 103kgs (ist sunday in October), by busso (1st sunday in December) was 97kg pre race (appreciate that is 8 weeks). no dieting, just training. dunno how fat you are but drop 6 or 7kgs through training you will go better and be fitter, did 10'55" odd cruising the last 4 or 5k on the run....

Yeah but what about mere mortals who are not located in or near The Shire?

In 6 weeks how much can you increase your fitness by? With 6 weeks till IMWA just curious to see what others think.

Recall reading that you will benefit from what you do today in 3 weeks time so basically do 3 solid weeks of training and you'll get a benefit from all of it. Beyond that its about maintaining what you have at that time and making sure you hit the start line as fresh as possible.

Yeah but what about mere mortals who are not located in or near The Shire?

oh...hang on...you dont live in the shire ? You're f*cked.

Both Solid Points.....

take a weekend off, it will cost you a kg, move to the Shire, resume training.

oh...hang on...you dont live in the shire ? You're f*cked.

I just feel honoured to live in the same area where The Greatest Ever grew up.

Next year, my son will go to the same high school as The Greatest Ever. Surely this is what you would want for your offspring YoYo?

I am so proud. :lol:

TGL

I just feel honoured to live in the same area where The Greatest Ever grew up.

Next year, my son will go to the same high school as The Greatest Ever. Surely this is what you would want for your offspring YoYo?

I am so proud. :lol:

TGL

Dear TGL

I went to that high school and without the dwarf having paved the wave for future generations, TGE may not have become TGE. Whilst I may have absolutely no recollection of the pre incarnation of TGE from my youth if I hadn't of flooded the quadrangle in 1986, TGE may not be the same swimmer he is today, and if he wasn't the swimmer he is today, no Kona dream. It's absolutely amazing the effects of my school days on international sporting moments when you think about it. I was only thinking the other day, if I hadn't of pi$$ed in the water at Sutho Pool in 1973, Thorpie probably would not have won any Gold medals.

As always, yours in shoe envy,

Dwarf

Dear TGL

I went to that high school and without the dwarf having paved the wave for future generations, TGE may not have become TGE. Whilst I may have absolutely no recollection of the pre incarnation of TGE from my youth if I hadn't of flooded the quadrangle in 1986, TGE may not be the same swimmer he is today, and if he wasn't the swimmer he is today, no Kona dream. It's absolutely amazing the effects of my school days on international sporting moments when you think about it. I was only thinking the other day, if I hadn't of pi$$ed in the water at Sutho Pool in 1973, Thorpie probably would not have won any Gold medals.

As always, yours in shoe envy,

Dwarf

I knew that it couldn't just be sashimi grade tuna salads that made TGE the greatest ever. Truly, you have made him what he is today.

Will happily let you stroke my shoes next time we run.

TGL

Just think - if you started a job tomorrow loading wheat bags and every week you had to load more bags :lol:

As you became conditioned to the movements, you'd gradually get stronger. You'd become more skillful at handling them so it was easier. As the weeks went by you'd be able to increase your pace. You'd need rest breaks less often. In fact, you'd pace yourself better as you became more experienced.

Then in six weeks time, if someone didn't turn up and you were asked to do a bit of overtime, maybe working back another four hours. As long as you had a meal break, you'd be able to extend what you've become accustomed to.

The technique, the conditioning would all be there. All you'd have to do is, keep doing it. You would not be worrying about not completing the task. You'd just pace yourself :lol:

I did a marathon with 5 weeks training.

4 weeks of 10km in the morning, 20km in the afternoon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Sat for getting over hangover. 30km on Sunday. Monday is rest day.

1 week of speed work, alternating between 12 x 400m and 6 x 1km repeats.

Good for 3 hr marathon. I figured that the best result for the amount and effort of training. Obviously more = better...

I did a marathon with 5 weeks training.

4 weeks of 10km in the morning, 20km in the afternoon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Sat for getting over hangover. 30km on Sunday. Monday is rest day.

1 week of speed work, alternating between 12 x 400m and 6 x 1km repeats.

Good for 3 hr marathon. I figured that the best result for the amount and effort of training. Obviously more = better...

Awesome. I'm impressed.

Can I ask your age and prior running background? I would get injured even just looking at this :lol:

depends how consistent you are for the the 6 weeks.

If you training consistently i'd say you can get a good bit fitter in 6 weeks...depends how much you want to really.

I'm also doing busso, dont feel too flash at moment in my training, but have been consistent. In the past i feel as if i got too fit too soon and peaked a few weeks too early (peaked for me)...hopefully this time round i'll get race fit at the right time