Women's trisuits

My husband has politely suggested that the tri gear I have been using makes my ass look fat, so I've hit him up for some cashola to go shopping to remedy this tragic state of affairs. What are your recommendations for around the $150-$200 range, shorter distances for now?

My husband has politely suggested that the tri gear I have been using makes my ass look fat, so I've hit him up for some cashola to go shopping to remedy this tragic state of affairs. What are your recommendations for around the $150-$200 range, shorter distances for now?

Jaybarts, I am in a similar position with large ass so I recently purchased the SCODY Performance trisuit, I love it, great sized pockets on back for gels, zip at front, comes with separate matching bra top (although not overly supportive). I would highly recommend your search include a front zip for ease of rolling down suit in the heat... PS. $199 for Scody..

Happy Shopping..

Mrs G :lol:

Edited by MrsG
My husband has politely suggested that the tri gear I have been using makes my ass look fat, so I've hit him

Selective quoting here - my wife would have clobbered me too if I said that :lol:

Don't know which scody suits were the ones mentioned by MrsG, but I have seen some around and they do look good.

I really like my Jaggad suit - the balck and green version, front zip, 2 back pockets, needs a tri-specific bra underneath that dries reasonably quickly. It has black down the sides so those fat bits at the top of the thighs don't look too bad in the brag photos (or mostly anyway). I try to avoid ass photos, so I don't know about the rear view.

Avoid suits with a shelf bra unless you are houdini.

It was in response to me whingeing about a photo that was taken at a local event on the weekend, so it was contextual and he assured me that its just the gear. I'll just clobber his wallet.

One the Scody and Jaggad suits, how far down the legs does it come? I prefer the longer leg styles.

It was in response to me whingeing about a photo that was taken at a local event on the weekend, so it was contextual and he assured me that its just the gear. I'll just clobber his wallet.

One the Scody and Jaggad suits, how far down the legs does it come? I prefer the longer leg styles.

jaggad is a pretty length good, around about the same place as my cycle knick tan line and it STAYS DOWN.

I have a 2xU and the purple colour made me look like a giant blueberry. Went for the grey / green and whilst its comfortable, it could be a lot more flattering or maybe its just my running style, im not sure.

Sounds like Scody is a go-er.

I also have a 2XU, green and gold, very expensive. Fast as in the water, but the leg grips dont work so they end up around your crotch during the run. Shiny fabric magnifies every lump and bump. Will be worn once more in Budapest, then mothballed to show the future grandchildren

I also have a 2XU, green and gold, very expensive. Fast as in the water, but the leg grips dont work so they end up around your crotch during the run. Shiny fabric magnifies every lump and bump. Will be worn once more in Budapest, then mothballed to show the future grandchildren

What races have you done to qualify? I did Canberra, have my name on waiting list for Mooloolaba but I think I don't have any chance of getting it. I'm saving mine for Budapest/Edinburgh

What races have you done to qualify? I did Canberra, have my name on waiting list for Mooloolaba but I think I don't have any chance of getting it. I'm saving mine for Budapest/Edinburgh

AG 4th (old wimmen) at Canberra will do it but i'll do Newcastle for hill practice.

Gayle, as long as you finished Canberra you'll make the team. Teams for overseas worlds never fill up (they take 20 per age group these days).

Yes but it would be nice to do another OD before Budapest. I was going to do Sydney before they cancelled it. I guess I will have to travel to Newcastle unless I just do a few shorter distance race (shame as I do live in QLD)

Come down to Kingy next month for the 1/30/8, that'll be a good hitout for you. I'm heading to Newcastle too so I'll see you at one or the other (maybe both!) :lol:

Come down to Kingy next month for the 1/30/8, that'll be a good hitout for you. I'm heading to Newcastle too so I'll see you at one or the other (maybe both!) :lol:

Was going to do Bribie Island Sprint Distance on the 14th March....would doing the Kingy be too much??

Just so I'm not completely off the topic, I wear a Cannibal Tri Suit (and sometimes an Orca) haven't tried Scody

Scody suits are super comfortable. I have two. Leg grippers are good. They dont ride up on the run.

Not sure if they are fast, as Im not!

I'm a 2XU girl. The scody suits don't fit me properly. I always have to go a size smaller and they gave me wicked cameltoes...

:lol::lol:

What's the consensus with trisuits for ironman?

Julia

virgin ironman at IM NZ 2010

Was planning to use the Scody one, although it has very small chamois, not sure if i can handle 180km of no padding, considering bike shorts (Tineli ones have awesome comfy chamois); then a change into Trisuit for Run, although that will waste me some time in transitions, my reasoning for trisuit over normal running attire for the Run is when i roll suit down it will hide my muffin top!! :lol:

I ended up ordering the Jaggad since they were available on sale, will have to save a bit longer for the Scody, I like the red one they have.

Did you buy it online?

If you did what was the website? I'd be interested as well

Was planning to use the Scody one, although it has very small chamois, not sure if i can handle 180km of no padding, considering bike shorts (Tineli ones have awesome comfy chamois); then a change into Trisuit for Run, although that will waste me some time in transitions, my reasoning for trisuit over normal running attire for the Run is when i roll suit down it will hide my muffin top!! :lol:

I'm not sure I can handle 180 km with very little padding too. And the trisuit I was intending on wearing hasn't even arrived in store yet. They were out of mediums. Now I'm starting to freak out with what I'm going to wear!

How private is the T2 area though?? Isn't it just one massive tent?

Are you doing NZ, MrsG?

You can get a removable chamois for the jaggad tri suits. It does add some extra padding, though you have to shove our hand down the front of back of your tri suit to pull it out before the run (though you could run in it too I guess). Mine worked well at GCHIM but at HOTW the chamois moved a bit to the side and like wore a hole in my leg/butt that hurt like all buggery when I poured some water down my back on the run.

You can get a removable chamois for the jaggad tri suits. It does add some extra padding, though you have to shove our hand down the front of back of your tri suit to pull it out before the run (though you could run in it too I guess). Mine worked well at GCHIM but at HOTW the chamois moved a bit to the side and like wore a hole in my leg/butt that hurt like all buggery when I poured some water down my back on the run.

I used a grip removeable at Huski last year and was comfy enough on the bike. I nearly forgot to take it out for the run. Glad I remembered!

Here are some other options. http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/triath..._04-c1-c23.html

I have a LG trisuit, but it is the very basic one, but I am very happy with that. It's a bit shorter than the ones the website has at the moment. I like the Zoot tri nicks and find them very comfy even on long rides but have never tried one of their suits on so not sure what their fit is like.

I've only ever purchased from Team Estrogen once but was very impressed with their delivery time.

Kylee :lol:

Here are some other options. http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/triath..._04-c1-c23.html

I have a LG trisuit, but it is the very basic one, but I am very happy with that. It's a bit shorter than the ones the website has at the moment. I like the Zoot tri nicks and find them very comfy even on long rides but have never tried one of their suits on so not sure what their fit is like.

I've only ever purchased from Team Estrogen once but was very impressed with their delivery time.

Kylee :lol:

I just LOVE Zoot separates and use them a lot for running. I'm going to test the latest purchase on a long ride Sunday and if the chamois proves sufficient, it will be my choice at Huski instead of the beloved jaggad one-piece.

So last season I thought I would check out the Zoot tri suits. They all have shelf bras and damned if I could get into or out of one without assistance. The thought of being Houdini if I needed the loos during long course did not appeal.

I just LOVE Zoot separates and use them a lot for running. I'm going to test the latest purchase on a long ride Sunday and if the chamois proves sufficient, it will be my choice at Huski instead of the beloved jaggad one-piece.

So last season I thought I would check out the Zoot tri suits. They all have shelf bras and damned if I could get into or out of one without assistance. The thought of being Houdini if I needed the loos during long course did not appeal.

That's ok if you don't want to change during the race. But at the end of a race when you're exhausted I can't imagine having much energy to fight the lycra to get out of it. I hate that. It gets all curled up and messy. Who needs it??

I ended up ordering the Jaggad since they were available on sale, will have to save a bit longer for the Scody, I like the red one they have.

Thanks Jaybarts, I just ordered some gear as well

Those Scody suits look fantastic! Does anyone know how the sizing compares to the 2XU one piece? I can't get to a retailer which stocks it to try it on. I'm a size 10-12 in normal clothes, it looks like I would fit a medium in the Scody but I wear a large 2XU (WTF!).

is goughy a fembot or a mofo?

In response to Julia, I wore a 2 piece Zoot durin Ironman. I'm a big babywhen it comes to pain and I had no trouble with 180 k's on the Zoot tri pants chamois. Lots of people get changed in T2, but like some of the other girls, I don't want a fight with tight lycra clothing when I'm hot and sweaty!!

I'm not sure I can handle 180 km with very little padding too. And the trisuit I was intending on wearing hasn't even arrived in store yet. They were out of mediums. Now I'm starting to freak out with what I'm going to wear!

How private is the T2 area though?? Isn't it just one massive tent?

Are you doing NZ, MrsG?

No doing NZ, booked in for Port, also racing Geelong tomorrow. Last Port i did T2 tent was pretty private, the girls were awesome in making sure the tent flaps stayed in place & making it private, but to be honest i reckon by T2 i couldnt have cared less who saw me nude, my mind was so full of pain ..!! :lol:

I got some long sleeved Zoot trijersey running tops off the lmgsports website for winter, just love them and reeeaaalllllyyy good bargain. Got one and decided that I needed another one. They do have the built in shelf bra but I don't find it bothersome. My mind boggles at the thought of trying to get into a trisuit with a built in top :lol:

Those Scody suits look fantastic! Does anyone know how the sizing compares to the 2XU one piece? I can't get to a retailer which stocks it to try it on. I'm a size 10-12 in normal clothes, it looks like I would fit a medium in the Scody but I wear a large 2XU (WTF!).

I ran into same problem, with no-one stocking Scody locally, so emailed them & they offered to post down & if it didnt fit I could return. Having said that we ended up going to QLD on holiday so i went to factory & tried it on. I am a 10 in standard clothes and ended up going with Small scody, previous experience with 2XU it was way on the small side...!

:lol:

I've raced in 2XU, Zoot, Orca, Jaggad and Scody..

My personal fav is Orca..feels great, chamy is comfy, the legs don't ride up, zip is at the front, nice colours and the style is flattering.

I've raced in 2XU, Zoot, Orca, Jaggad and Scody..

My personal fav is Orca..feels great, chamy is comfy, the legs don't ride up, zip is at the front, nice colours and the style is flattering.

Checkout the women's only triathlon gear at www.trigirl.co.uk. This is the new spring/summer 2010 range.

If you want to purchase it in Australia you can do so in Perth at Runners World, in QLD at Bodyfit MultiSport in Toowoomba or on line at www.shespoke.com.au

I know that the range is running low on stock for this season.

Disclaimer: I am the agent for the brand in Australia.

Cheers!

TriDiva

In response to Julia, I wore a 2 piece Zoot durin Ironman. I'm a big babywhen it comes to pain and I had no trouble with 180 k's on the Zoot tri pants chamois. Lots of people get changed in T2, but like some of the other girls, I don't want a fight with tight lycra clothing when I'm hot and sweaty!!

So it's a matter of weighing up the pros and cons then in your own head?

How hot and sweaty and gross are you by T2? I'm not convinced I'd like to do a marathon when I'm all hot and sweaty! So the changing in T2 is a likely goer. AND I'm also not convinced my butt is tough enough (yet) to handle 180 km in a light'ish trisuit chamois? Fighting lycra when hot and sweaty could be a useless battle? At least NZ shouldn't get too hot? That could be in my favour :lol:

I really want to be in a trisuit though for the finish. I think they look smick and awesome. Though time will tell how 'awesome' I'm gonna look at the finish!!!

Thanks cupcake for your input.

Julia

Edited by Ironman Julia