Getting sunscreen onto the difficult to reach places??

OK, so I'm wondering how to get cream onto the hard to reach spot on my back. Got 2 nasty burns at the GCHIM where I thought I was reaching everywhere but I wasn't. I still have 2 half moon shaped groupings of freckles on my back from where I missed. I've kind of worked out how I can reach one side, but my arm other arm won't bend the same way to reach the other one. So how do you get the cream on your back if you can't reach? I don't want that burn again from Gundi. I had a new spa bath at home and couldn't use it after the GC because my back hurt too much!

Haha...a topic close to home for me. I continually miss about the same 2 inch section on each side of my back everytime I go out. All the tops I wear are of the crop top variety or sleeveless jersey nature.

Not worried about the tan lines, but would like to reduce to risk of skin cancer as much as possible.

Simple. Get someone to put it on you.

Make sure you put it on 20mn before

I wouldn't recommend spray cans as the amount is not enough and most people don't rub it in after.

Sunscreen needs to be well applied to be effective. Most people don’t apply enough sunscreen resulting in only 50-80% of the protection.

If your tri gear is not UV resistant (lot of tri tops aren't, just see MTBboy's back after Kona), apply sunscreen under your tri top as well.

Use sunscreen with zinc oxide as the main active agent. It is the most effective sun protection agent and provides further UVA protection.

Edited by Will The Frenchman
Banana boat aerosol spray works for me, or just an ordinary spray pump dispenser, just spray on and the bits you can't reach to rub in just let it soak in for 10 mins.

ditto, mind you have started using the white t shirt style like shirt with shoulder protection

That's what kids are for, I got mine to do my back this morning before going to the pool reinforces the "slip, slop, slap" lesson - then while I have them I spin them around and do theirs - doing each other's backs then their own faces gives it a bit of time to dry before puting on subsequent layers of clothing for the trip to the pool.

What I'm concerned about is in T2. I want to re-apply there but may not have someone around me (or the weird look asking some dude to do it). My tri suit seems to be ok because I didn't burn in the section it covered, but it's quite narrow across my shoulders, hence the problem.

I may just need to do a lot of stretching. And even I won't take 10mins in T2 (though it may be close).

ditto, mind you have started using the white t shirt style like shirt with shoulder protection

I'm looking for one of these to race in. Hopefully something designed for racing and not just a cycle jersey. Don't really have shoulders I need to show off.

I have two double jointed shoulders and gibbon arms. Putting sunscreen on is a breeze. :lol:

I'm getting one of these!

Been fried twice this season doing lunchtime swims.

trust the kiwis!! That promo vid almost poses the question, does it come with batteries :lol:

Timely question as my poor 'hasn't seen sun for 2 years' back copped some sun yesterday - AFTER I got Wolfie to rub in some sunscreen, even before I put my togs on. Clearly he has forgotten how much is required for Aussie conditions and I have a couple of pink strips in the middle of my back, either side of straps.

I was looking forward to a bathers tan after a few years of not having one, but might drag out the swim rashie top I got a few years ago for daytime swims.

Skel, I thought it was just me who couldn't reach that spot, due to age and girth etc :lol:

Maybe a firm pastry brush with a long handle will do Parky!

ETA: PMSL at Speedy Steve!!

Edited by Foxy Lady