Wetsuits and Murray Man

Hi all

Having only concentrated on shorter races since getting into tri, I haven't purchased a wetsuit yet. A couple of questions...

1. Am I silly even thinking about doing Murray Man or Olympic distance events without a wetsuit?

2. I can get hold of a 2nd hand Lane 4 wetsuit for $100. Worth the investment?

Cheers

You could do the race without one for sure (dependent on your training) but I find it so much easier wearing one that now that I have one I could not think of racing without it.

Can't help with the wetsuit specifically, but if it fits and is in good nic then $100 is not much for a wetty. have a look at the prices online.

In the middle of summer you will find yourself doing Oly distance without a wettie because of water temperature. Everyone is in the same boat, you just have to get over it and engage the core a bit more than with a wettie on.

to me any distance is worthwhile wearing a wettie. At the same time I struggled through 1900m without one - ok it wasnt actually a struggle, but I was probably 5 minutes slower without it.

I figure its more likely to make you swim faster than slower, so why wouldnt you?

Check the NZ websites, swimt3 or something its called. very good prices on entry level stuff, email and tell them what size you are they will tell you what they have.

Hi all

Having only concentrated on shorter races since getting into tri, I haven't purchased a wetsuit yet. A couple of questions...

1. Am I silly even thinking about doing Murray Man or Olympic distance events without a wetsuit?

2. I can get hold of a 2nd hand Lane 4 wetsuit for $100. Worth the investment?

Cheers

2:

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/E4WEWN...9;s-Tri-Wetsuit

Muts, i did my first victor harbor oly distance without a wettie and previous to that didn't swim more than 300mtr in the tinmans with gatti at west lakes. Did it suck? YES, but mate let me tell ya, it took me 45mins to do the 1500mtrs but still had a great day. But if you can get hold of a wetti, definitely do it. I even use it on the short races too.