Why does LSD make me so hungry?!

Can someone please explain why I am so extrodinarily hungry after doing Long Slow Distance training sessions? If I put 'efforts' into these sessions or do speed training I don't really feel like eating afterwards (I do though). Is it something to do with being in my aerobic zone the whole time?

LOL

I actually find the same thing - especially after long runs.

Not sure why I am now sitting here eating a block of Cadbury's Hazelnut chocolate - I ONLY rode 12km km to work this morning and got flat tyre (my first one!) and then had to walk the last one km as a consequence of not knowing how to change a tyre. :lol::lol:

Guest scooter

Physical

Physical reactions to LSD are highly variable and may include the following: uterine contractions, hypothermia, fever, elevated levels of blood sugar, goose bumps, increase of heart rate, jaw clenching, perspiration, pupil-dilation, saliva production, mucus production, sleeplessness, paresthesia, euphoria, hyperreflexia, tremors and synesthesia. LSD users report numbness, weakness, trembling, and nausea.

Nope nothing in there about hunger :lol:

Physical

Physical reactions to LSD are highly variable and may include the following: uterine contractions, hypothermia, fever, elevated levels of blood sugar, goose bumps, increase of heart rate, jaw clenching, perspiration, pupil-dilation, saliva production, mucus production, sleeplessness, paresthesia, euphoria, hyperreflexia, tremors and synesthesia. LSD users report numbness, weakness, trembling, and nausea.

Nope nothing in there about hunger  :lol:

391296[/snapback]

:lol::D:D:D

Glad I don't get the uterine contractions. Maybe that was Alex's problem at Port? ;);)

:lol::lol::D

I think the cold makes us hungry and now we are in the grips of Winter in Sydney there will be a few fat people around.

Maybe you are running so slow that you think more about food!!! Does that make sense!? What was that word, Alex?

Probably the same reason well displayed big tits make me so horny - its entirely normal... 

They make me hungry, I was breast fed until I was fifteen :lol:

It could have been uterine contractions Alex, we haven't ruled that one out :lol:

Edited by AP

I think Mitch can answer this one so much better than I can, but this is my theory.

LSD is sub maximal exercise so blood flow is maintained to the digestive system and the food is processed and converted, therefore when you finish, your stomach is empty and hence you are hungry.

When you put in the efforts, and start anaerobic energy consumption, blood flow is diverted away from the digestive system, so the processing of food, slows down or even stops and remains in the stomach.

When you finish it takes a while for the digestive system to start up again as the blood flow is still trying to make up the energy debt to your muscles. Once steady aerobic state is restored, the digestive system starts working again, processing the remaining food in your stomach and you get hungry later.

i think your problem is in the form of the halucinagens your taking, how bout try some mushys instead. you will still be going on a wicked trip and put some food in your belly at the same time.

That is a good post Hymie.

Fluro has a very helpful email group going on and he sent out this. It is the opposite of the thread but totally related to the subject.

I can’t remember what the term for it is, but for this to occur your blood vessels need to constrict (ie reduce the volume in areas not needed) in order to supply more blood and open up the pathways to the muscles that do need it.

Getting blood moving back to your stomach for digestive purposes will then be very difficult to achieve and will takes hours of low intensity efforts for it to occur. This is shown clearly shown below when you said your were stuck around 140-145 on lap 3.

My guess is that as you were continuing to digest and restore ‘the balance’ your body was fighting to keep blood away from those muscles which are in desperate need of energy (due to excessive intensities on the 1st lap) but your body is trying to ‘open up’ it’s fuel lines again from the stomach. It’s a double edge sword here.

Like I said, in order to restore the balance you really have to slow down in order to give yourself a chance to start fueling the muscles again.

Hope you don't mind me putting that up Paul.